• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,415
  • Total Topics: 5,708
  • Online today: 64
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 33
  • Total: 33
If you would like to make a donation to help with the running costs of the site, then a donation button has been added to the bottom of the page.  Thanks.
RØDE NT1 Signature Series...Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....

What made you feel good today

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 10:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anglefire

Not today, but really easter and most of this week.

Went to Cornwall over easter and used my new lens (100-400 Mk2)  in anger - and I love it - superb for close up shots of flowers and the like, running dogs and portraits - it is so sharp - I think it is as good as my 70-200 F4 and my 400mm f5.6 (Which I will be selling soon) and only beaten by my 100mm 2.8L macro.

And it was my 50th Birthday on Thursday, which is why I have both the 1Dx and the lens - the former I actually had for over a year.......
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Sandy

Sandy

I went yesterday with a small group from my camera club. We meet at St Pancras for a photographic walk with a guide and had a brilliant time. We even went in the Renaissance Hotel to take photos of the central staircase which was well worth photographing. The walk was going to Camden and on route we went into a small shop were a guy still grounds coffee and were able to take portraits. It was a good day

Oldboy

Quote from: Sandy on April 14, 2015, 10:22:18 AM
I went yesterday with a small group from my camera club. We meet at St Pancras for a photographic walk with a guide and had a brilliant time. We even went in the Renaissance Hotel to take photos of the central staircase which was well worth photographing. The walk was going to Camden and on route we went into a small shop were a guy still grounds coffee and were able to take portraits. It was a good day

Glad you had a great time and enjoyed yourself. Looks like who ever organised the guide knew which one to pick for people with cameras.  :tup:

Oldboy

Quote from: anglefire on April 11, 2015, 08:10:52 PM
Not today, but really easter and most of this week.

Went to Cornwall over easter and used my new lens (100-400 Mk2)  in anger - and I love it - superb for close up shots of flowers and the like, running dogs and portraits - it is so sharp - I think it is as good as my 70-200 F4 and my 400mm f5.6 (Which I will be selling soon) and only beaten by my 100mm 2.8L macro.

And it was my 50th Birthday on Thursday, which is why I have both the 1Dx and the lens - the former I actually had for over a year.......

Two days after mine.  :bcake:

Glad you enjoyed your new lens and it does all you wished for.  :tup:

spikeyjen

happy happy happy
My car registration expired while I was away, I paid it as soon as I remembered, and they have accepted and updated it, even though I was a month late. The gods are smiling on me today.

SimonW

This very nice man brought me a new camera yesterday. It took ages to get all the bubble-wrap off!

Spent today shooting with it, and now really love it. (Pentax K_S2 upgrading from my trusty K10D)
Simon Warren
(in Dunning, Scotland)

ABERS

A stroll down the garden and looking at all the activity that is bursting out following a few days of warmth and sunshine.

Not long before we see the annual procession of bluebell woods, fields of rape in bloom, close up of bees in flower heads, frogs poking their heads above the waterline in ponds and more birds on sticks in the galleries.

Jediboy

Quote from: SimonW on April 18, 2015, 08:53:51 PM
This very nice man brought me a new camera yesterday. It took ages to get all the bubble-wrap off!

Spent today shooting with it, and now really love it. (Pentax K_S2 upgrading from my trusty K10D)

Enjoy!  :tup:
May the Force be with you.

Chris

Hinfrance

Quote from: SimonW on April 18, 2015, 08:53:51 PM

Good grief Simon, just how big is it?

Have fun!
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

SimonW

Compared to the K10D it's tiny. So much so that, even though my hands are fairly small I need to be careful to press just one button at a time. Just needs getting used to. The bubble wrap it came in will come in handy for insulating the attic!
Simon Warren
(in Dunning, Scotland)

Jediboy

Found my remote shutter release! :D :dance:
May the Force be with you.

Chris

donoreo

When your children really love you, they give you things like artwork, hugs, kisses and illnesses.  I have been so sick.  The girls did not have it as bad a me so it must be an age thing.  I did not feel great Monday morning but went to work.  I left in the afternoon.  I have not been back. 

Today though I feel better and am available from home (being safe for my co-workers).   

Oldboy

Today I heard a Cuckoo at Earlswood.  :tup:

Ran around the woods but couldn't find it.  :(

Graham

Quote from: Oldboy on April 23, 2015, 10:20:01 PM
Today I heard a Cuckoo at Earlswood.  :tup:

Ran around the woods but couldn't find it.  :(

Could it be that it was deliberately trying to avoid you?  :2funny:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.