• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,415
  • Total Topics: 5,708
  • Online today: 33
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 32
  • Total: 32
  • Google
If you would like to make a donation to help with the running costs of the site, then a donation button has been added to the bottom of the page.  Thanks.
RØDE NT1 Signature Series...Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....

What made you feel good today

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 10:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reinardina

Quote from: Jediboy on June 07, 2014, 09:13:02 PM
Quote from: Reinardina on June 04, 2014, 07:52:46 AM
Quote from: Jediboy on June 01, 2014, 10:48:23 PM
Rugby Jeff. Northampton Saints rugby. Don't really do football.

Funny, Southampton Saints play football. (As in soccer.)

No problem Jeff. I'm still on a high after that. Northampton doesn't have much to shout about but this was a bit special.  :) :)
R - there's only one Saints. And they're from Northampton.  ;)

Should be 'Saint' then. As it's plural, there must be more than one.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Reinardina

What really made me feel good today is John Lewis. They came up trumps, regarding to my sorry Lenovo story.
Will explain in  more detail when I have more time.

Jediboy

Quote from: Reinardina on June 10, 2014, 12:24:09 PM

No problem Jeff. I'm still on a high after that. Northampton doesn't have much to shout about but this was a bit special.  :) :)

There is more than one R. 15 start the match but the squad is much larger!
May the Force be with you.

Chris

Reinardina

Quote from: Jediboy on June 10, 2014, 12:31:15 PM
Quote from: Reinardina on June 10, 2014, 12:24:09 PM

There is more than one R. 15 start the match but the squad is much larger!

I give in. You can have your Saints. All of them. They're too holy for me anyway.

DigiDiva

Our local rag runs a "Friday Photographer" section, where they feature a local photographer each Friday. I contacted them including some of my images and they said they were really  interested and would do a feature on me. They ran a double page spread of my images this evening, including some very complimentary words and some info about me. They included my website address and I hope it leads to a few sales. They said I was a 'Real Artist' and added some 'class' to the Friday Photographer.

I'm proud as my images look really good. It's a real boost to my confidence.
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Oldboy

Quote from: DigiDiva on June 13, 2014, 06:28:09 PM
Our local rag runs a "Friday Photographer" section, where they feature a local photographer each Friday. I contacted them including some of my images and they said they were really  interested and would do a feature on me. They ran a double page spread of my images this evening, including some very complimentary words and some info about me. They included my website address and I hope it leads to a few sales. They said I was a 'Real Artist' and added some 'class' to the Friday Photographer.

Does this mean we will have to kneel when you enter the room(site).  :P :-*

Well done DD.  :tup:

Jediboy

Well done Chris. You shoud be proud. :tup: ;)

Chris

Reinardina

Well done. I'm really pleased for you, and hope your website will rocket!
And who knows what may follow?

Did they feature mainly your 'kitchen/wall art' or also more general images?

Sadly, the on line version of the Sunderland Echo, does not feature the Friday Photographer.

DigiDiva

Yes  I tried. There was a mixture of images. Beach huts. Landscape.  Boats. Kitchen art . Problem is people look at pictures but dont read text

Reinardina

With the quality of schools these days, it is probably all they can do.

Oldboy

Quote from: Reinardina on June 13, 2014, 08:51:56 PM
With the quality of schools these days, it is probably all they can do.

:o  :2funny:

DigiDiva

When my kids were learning to spell (in school, not by us), they were initially taught to spell it like it sounds......why? That means they need to learn the right way, later! Or argue with us saying we couldn't spell.

Reinardina

Quote from: DigiDiva on June 14, 2014, 12:21:37 AM
When my kids were learning to spell (in school, not by us), they were initially taught to spell it like it sounds......why? That means they need to learn the right way, later! Or argue with us saying we couldn't spell.

They learnt to spell Geordie?

DigiDiva

Whay aye! Technically, Im not Geordie. Geordie's are born on the banks of the Tyne, I was born on the banks of the Wear, so I am a Wearsider, also known as a Mackem. This name was invented as a 'mickey take' for us by Geordies on how we speak differently from them.....Where most people 'make them and take them', we' mackem and tackem'!

Jediboy

Walk around local nature reserve with family, lunch out, lawn mown and gardening done, now enjoying a nice gin and tonic. Productive day. (Not a single photo taken though).

:) :beer:

Chris

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.