• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,415
  • Total Topics: 5,708
  • Online today: 55
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 57
  • Total: 57
photobox
RØDE NT1 Signature Series...Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....

What made you feel good today

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 10:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spinner

Quote from: ABERS on December 19, 2013, 08:49:58 AM
Quote from: spinner on December 18, 2013, 10:24:37 PM
Quote from: ABERS on December 18, 2013, 02:54:51 PM
Be sure to buy February's edition of B+W Magazine.   8)

P.S. You can always download it to your tablet or whatever.

February's? Surely you jest. I can barely remember what I need to do this week!  :-[

Don't worry Spin, I don't think it appears in Canada or the US if you're overwintering there.
just to confuse the issue Feb's magazine comes out in January. :doh:

I think I've seen it on the newstand but I could be confusing it with something else.  Jan? I
might remember by then.  :D
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Oldboy

Came across this today and if it doesn't bring a tear to you eye.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AG-xGNh3diw   :'(

DigiDiva

21 things has made me feel good today. The delivery of my mums special gift which I had given up on, and the jingles on here when you type. Merry Christmas everyone
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

kerbside

Felt good today, did not cook Christmas Dinner but stayed in a top notch hotel in Windsor with Jan for the past 3 days and have been waited on hand and foot :D. Now regretting that last mince pie, yum. Problem is that we are back to reality tomorrow. :(

You have to be in to win but winning is not everything, it's participating that counts.
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/kerbside

Reinardina

We used to stay in the Castle Hotel (in Windsor) in the past. Haven't been there for years.

What made me feel good yesterday, was our totally delicious, first ever total Aldi/Lidl Christmas dinner.
From smoked salmon, via three bird roast and gammon, to Christmas pudding: easy peasy. No cooking, only a bit of planning to get the things in the oven at the right times.

With hubby still under the weather, I decided to have an easy one. Best cooking decision I ever made, and at a fraction of the cost.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

ABERS

Had a nice Skype conversation with my grandson who is backpacking and working his way around the world and is currently in N.Z. Bungee jumping today and sky diving on Saturday!!

Although he's far away it is true it's a small world. Sitting in a cafe with his mate who is accompanying him, his mate suddenly let out a gasp when he spotted a family having a snack. Seated a couple of tables away was a family of four who lived just a few doors away from him in the U.K. :o

What are the chances of that happening?!!

Jediboy

When I was in New Zealand a few years ago, we went to a restaurant and were served by a waitress who was a friend of my mums and lived just down the road.
Yes, it's a small world.
May the Force be with you.

Chris

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: ABERS on December 26, 2013, 11:39:30 AM
Had a nice Skype conversation with my grandson who is backpacking and working his way around the world and is currently in N.Z. Bungee jumping today and sky diving on Saturday!!

Although he's far away it is true it's a small world. Sitting in a cafe with his mate who is accompanying him, his mate suddenly let out a gasp when he spotted a family having a snack. Seated a couple of tables away was a family of four who lived just a few doors away from him in the U.K. :o

What are the chances of that happening?!!

Skype is great - I keep in touch with my sister in NZ - their Christmas came before ours, so no wonder she looked tired today  ::) :tup: - when her mic' relays my answer like an echo I can tell which equipment she is using  :2funny:

As for meeting up in odd places -

An old friend of mine took a holiday in a remote Scottish hamlet - He said he felt he and his wife really deserved a holiday away from their awful neighbour who was constantly causing them stress; and after years of hell George had finally saved enough to spoil themselves on a belated second honeymoon.

You will never guess, he said "Same week, same place at the same time, the bu**er was there in the adjoining holiday cottage! "  He said he could never figure out how things could happen like that, as they never talked in the garden and he had taken great effort to keep it a surprise for she who must be obeyed!

I guess these things just happen  ;)
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Oldboy

Quote from: Beaux Reflets on December 26, 2013, 12:16:05 PM

Skype is great - I keep in touch with my sister in NZ - their Christmas came before ours, so no wonder she looked tired today  ::) :tup: - when her mic' relays my answer like an echo I can tell which equipment she is using  :2funny:

As for meeting up in odd places -

An old friend of mine took a holiday in a remote Scottish hamlet - He said he felt he and his wife really deserved a holiday away from their awful neighbour who was constantly causing them stress; and after years of hell George had finally saved enough to spoil themselves on a belated second honeymoon.

You will never guess, he said "Same week, same place at the same time, the bu**er was there in the adjoining holiday cottage! "  He said he could never figure out how things could happen like that, as they never talked in the garden and he had taken great effort to keep it a surprise for she who must be obeyed!

I guess these things just happen  ;)

I bet that made him happy?  :o :2funny:

Hinfrance

Watching the copy of Cloud Atlas I got for Christmas. Amazing film, loved it.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Graham

Just found that you can play tunes on the decorations at the top of the thread! :D

And that when I type it plays notes!  :tup:
I can see I'm going to have find which letter plays which note so bare with me.

abcdefgfgfgfghijkjkjklmnomnpqpqrstuvwxxmnxmnxmnx,mmnxqmnxpmnxozzxcvbnmamlasdfghjklqzxcvbnmq,./q//a/#';l/w/e/qzxcvbnm,./qwertyzcbzbzbcbnnbcnvbbnmnbn

Ok name that tune.    zcbzbzbcbnnbcn  :dance:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

krennon

Firstly Christmas we had a great one with the in-laws and as we weren't driving down to Devon this year we pushed the boat out and bought a free range 3 bird roast and about 4lbs of free range ham as well it all cost a bomb but we still saved on not driving to Devon and boy was the roast good followed the supplied cooking instructions to the letter and it was yummy...

Secondly and one of my main reasons for having been absent for a while is that as some of you may know my wife and I have been going through the adoption process for the last 18 months or so....well at the end of Nov we had a meeting with the adoption agency and they want to take us forward, subject to a couple of conditions being met and references being checked we could be up in front of panel as early as April/May, if we pass panel (only 3% of people don't and it's normally for something minor and they go back up and pass) then we could have child(ren) placed with us as early as June or July. We have our first full on whole day home visit with our social worker in a couple of weeks time...so I may be absent for some time to come as my photography is really going to have to take a back seat for a while to concentrate on this whole process but I would like to wish you all a fruitful and prosperous New Year and I will drop in from time to time even if it's just to say hello and please don't delete my account lol
http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithfransella/

"Everything in moderation including moderation" Oscar Wilde

Oldboy

Quote from: krennon on January 02, 2014, 06:52:40 PM
Firstly Christmas we had a great one with the in-laws and as we weren't driving down to Devon this year we pushed the boat out and bought a free range 3 bird roast and about 4lbs of free range ham as well it all cost a bomb but we still saved on not driving to Devon and boy was the roast good followed the supplied cooking instructions to the letter and it was yummy...

Secondly and one of my main reasons for having been absent for a while is that as some of you may know my wife and I have been going through the adoption process for the last 18 months or so....well at the end of Nov we had a meeting with the adoption agency and they want to take us forward, subject to a couple of conditions being met and references being checked we could be up in front of panel as early as April/May, if we pass panel (only 3% of people don't and it's normally for something minor and they go back up and pass) then we could have child(ren) placed with us as early as June or July. We have our first full on whole day home visit with our social worker in a couple of weeks time...so I may be absent for some time to come as my photography is really going to have to take a back seat for a while to concentrate on this whole process but I would like to wish you all a fruitful and prosperous New Year and I will drop in from time to time even if it's just to say hello and please don't delete my account lol

Fingers crossed for you Keith and it could be a really Happy New Year.  :tup:

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: krennon on January 02, 2014, 06:52:40 PM

Sounds good Keith  :tup: Hard work at times but the joy always wins - and I wish you and yours a very fruitful and happy 2014
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.