• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,415
  • Total Topics: 5,708
  • Online today: 55
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 49
  • Total: 49
aliexpress
RØDE NT1 Signature Series...Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....

What made you feel good today

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 10:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: donoreo on January 23, 2013, 03:22:18 PM
Quote from: Oldboy on January 22, 2013, 05:04:33 PM
Quote from: Beaux Reflets on January 22, 2013, 04:39:42 PM
Quote from: Alfonso_Frisk on January 22, 2013, 04:00:00 PM
Rain. Hate the snow/slush/ice we have

You are not the only one Alf. Bring on the sunshine, Spring is around the corner  ;)

I love the snow.  ;D :tup: :-*
Me too.  Everything looks so nice and clean.

Until the slush gathers up mud  :2funny:
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

donoreo

Quote from: Beaux Reflets on January 23, 2013, 03:56:09 PM

You are not the only one Alf. Bring on the sunshine, Spring is around the corner  ;)

Then it snows again, it takes care of itself :)  Not much slush, it was -20C this morning and was supposed to warm up to -9C. 

spinner

Quote from: Karen on January 23, 2013, 12:23:56 AM
OMG if this snow doesnt stop I'm going to be carted away to the funny farm. Ihave to clear the drive every morning and believe me its one long drive as my neighbours are in their 80's so I do theirs as well as their nurse has to get in in the morning...rant over  :legit:

Snow Blower? Or is it not worth the purchase for the use? I have one, never used it once last year. Only used it once so far this winter. But bad back, arthritis in feet and heart disease made it an easy purchase to justify.
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

spinner

Quote from: donoreo on January 23, 2013, 06:51:14 PM

Then it snows again, it takes care of itself :)  Not much slush, it was -20C this morning and was supposed to warm up to -9C.

Well I see we aren't getting the 15+ cms. they were predicting earlier. I don't know what the weather's like in your part of the GTA, but dispite the predicted 2-4 cm I'm looking at bright blue skies. Got to love the weatherpeople.  :D
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Oldboy

Quote from: spinner on January 24, 2013, 05:29:33 PM

Well I see we aren't getting the 15+ cms. they were predicting earlier. I don't know what the weather's like in your part of the GTA, but dispite the predicted 2-4 cm I'm looking at bright blue skies. Got to love the weatherpeople.  :D

I regard them as a waste of space. They promised us sunshine today but it didn't arrive until gone 15:30 when I was on my way home. We've had a week of snow but only a couple of hours of sunshine at the end of the day. After the rubbish summer and Autumn last year you might expect a bit of sun during the winter, but no it's just dull grey days ad infinitum.  >:(

donoreo

Quote from: spinner on January 24, 2013, 05:29:33 PM

They are calling for 5 cm today.  I am at work now but since I have to do some monitoring of database performance this afternoon, I am going to go home and do that.  It will, of course, be bedlam on the roads as soon as the snow starts.  Toronto raised people cannot drive in the snow!  Argh! 

Hinfrance

Was in the supermarket this morning with a pal who was buying a couple of Android tablets (his and hers, don't ask, I tried not to) and next to the cheap tabs was a MacBook Pro with a 15 inch stupid shiny screen, needed €500 of extras just to be able to connect to the physical world, for an eye watering €2300. Our Mercedes, FWIW, cost less than that.  Who, I ask myself, is so stupid that they would buy such a thing?

It made me feel good because I know I'm not that dumb.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

donoreo

Hinfrance

Quote from: donoreo on January 28, 2013, 03:36:19 PM
What cost an extra 500? 

When a base machine costs more than €2000 that's your question?

The answer, not that it matters, is the international connections kit, close on €100, the external disk drive, almost €350, and sundry bits and bobs like a case and a mouse. Rip off city. But then Apple know that their target demographic isn't even slightly discerning and can they charge what they like as long as their is an illuminated logo on the lid.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Matthew

Helping a lady out at a carpark paystation.....her £1 kept getting rejected and the help button may have well been connected to thin air as no attendants were to be seen. Luckily, I had a pound in change spare. She was grateful. I like doing the odd random act of kindness, keeps me the right side of the very thin Victor Meldrew line...... :2funny:
Never argue with a stupid person, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Hinfrance

Well done Matt, kindness indeed. So how much did you charge her for your £1 then?  :legit:
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Reinardina

You probably ended up with a counterfeit pound coin. There are a lot of those around, people do not see the difference, but machines do!

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Matthew

Quote from: Hinfrance on January 28, 2013, 07:28:39 PM
Well done Matt, kindness indeed. So how much did you charge her for your £1 then?  :legit:

Going by present rates, taking into account inflation and the market, I would've charged £8.56..........but I was feeling generous so I gave her it in a 50p, 20p, 20p, 10p......... :D
Never argue with a stupid person, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Matthew

Quote from: Reinardina on January 28, 2013, 08:47:16 PM
You probably ended up with a counterfeit pound coin. There are a lot of those around, people do not see the difference, but machines do!

I thought that after, but I was in another car park shortly after and it worked in that machine.....phew!

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.