• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,415
  • Total Topics: 5,708
  • Online today: 64
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 34
  • Total: 34
bhphotovideo
RØDE NT1 Signature Series...Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....

What made you feel good today

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 10:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jinky

Quote from: Oldboy on December 21, 2012, 10:12:09 AM
This: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2251206/Incredible-close-pictures-ice-captured-minute-streets-Moscow.html   :D

Ye some great shapes / shots there. I`m guessing super macro stuff here. Must try my 50mm reverse mounted onto my 105 macro again some time. Just hard keeping it steady and sharp.

Reinardina

Very beautiful, but way beyond my camera possibilities.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Lepach

First day back after the Christmas break and low and behold in my lunch box today.....Tarah. A genuine, mini, Melton Mowbray pie. Girth now suitably expanded I am now relishing the thought of to nights, cold beef and bubble and squeak with pickles. Master chef and fine dining are on the back burner for the foreseeable future.

anglefire

Had a turkey sandwich for my lunch - was exceptionally nice :)
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Alfonso_Frisk

New laptop arrived today. ;D
Its a bit of a beast compared to this old one and has the following specs
Acer Aspire V3-771G, Intel® Core™ i7-3610QM Quad Core Processor, 17.3" Full HD Screen, Microsoft Windows 8 64-bit, 8GB DDR3 RAM, 1000GB HDD, Blu-Ray, Dedicated Graphics, NX.M1WEK.003

Now to decide what to transfer over and learn what will not transfer over and also download LR4.
Its windows 8 which at first glance is alien to me so I may be gone some time :-\
or perhaps I will be back soon posting in "what annoyed me today"  :knuppel2:

RR
Alf
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

anglefire

We bought the kids laptops for Christmas - not as high a spec as yours Alf, but the best we could find for the money - infact I reserved 2 from PCWorld and after I'd done so, the whole area had sold out! Lenovo i3 2.2Ghz, 750Gb, 4Gb ram.

Anyway, they have Windows 8 - and I can't say I like it - it's got a wrapper over the top - obviously ok if you were on a touch screen, but not as good on a normal PC. Won't be upgrading the desktop
anytime soon.

And my youngest can't now logon to her PC as a standard account - and can't return to a local account as it gives an error. Knew I shouldn't have gone for the live login - seems quite a few are having same issue. Had to make her an admin to allow her on. Madness
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Reinardina

I got a new laptop with Windows 8, and I have only used it to connect to the internet so far.
I am using the 'desktop' set up, at least that looks familiar and also the internet is familiar, if you go through that route.

I didn't want to sign in, as I don't want Microsoft to have yet more power over me, but I haven't found a way to do anything with it, without signing in. I'm a great fan of the calendar system, but it seems you have to sign in for that as well. Talking about ease of use!

Haven't really had the time to try and get used to it yet; I've just cleared my real desktop, as I think I'll be running two laptops together till I'm used to the new system. Now going to try and see if they both fit. (I use a small wall desk, not a large 'normal' one.)

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Alfonso_Frisk

I'm also using the "desktop display" as soon as I log on, and using the 2 laptops side by side until I get used to this machine.
Had a few niggles where I loose my wireless connection on the windows 8 machine and have yet found no reason why when the xp machine sat next to it was connected ok. Had to reboot the router a couple of times to solve it.
I also uninstalled the trial version of Macafee as I had issues with this on a vista machine and don't like it at all.
Have purchased Lightroom 4.3 and that is running very  smooth and fast compared to my V2,7 on the xp lappy .

I suppose time and usage will determine how good if at all the 60 + apps are which are pre-installed on the laptop. My guess is very few at all.
RR
Alf
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

Oldboy

Quote from: Alfonso_Frisk on December 30, 2012, 01:42:43 PM
I also uninstalled the trial version of Macafee as I had issues with this on a vista machine and don't like it at all.
RR
Alf

I'm running McAfee on my Vista desktop without problems but did turn off Real time Scanning as that slowed down everything. McAfee is owned by Intel so should be better now.  :tup:

Karen

Knowing this year is nearly done, been a bummer year really what with being ill and missing my holiday to Florida Disney hopefully next year will be great

Hinfrance

Finally bit the bullet and ordered new guitar amp - a Fender Mustang lll. I'll not be going out until it arrives!

I've come to realise that musical instruments are far better value than photography kit :)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Mick

Quote from: Hinfrance on January 10, 2013, 06:05:22 PM
Finally bit the bullet and ordered new guitar amp - a Fender Mustang lll. I'll not be going out until it arrives!

I've come to realise that musical instruments are far better value than photography kit :)

Nice one.  That's a really nice amp.  I'm jealous now.  ;)
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: Hinfrance on January 10, 2013, 06:05:22 PM

More fun or better value for money in regards to quality H ?
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Oldboy

Quote from: Karen on December 31, 2012, 03:22:50 PM
Knowing this year is nearly done, been a bummer year really what with being ill and missing my holiday to Florida Disney hopefully next year will be great

Sorry you've been ill.  :'(

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.