• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,415
  • Total Topics: 5,708
  • Online today: 35
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 43
  • Total: 43
If you would like to make a donation to help with the running costs of the site, then a donation button has been added to the bottom of the page.  Thanks.
RØDE NT1 Signature Series...Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....

What made you feel good today

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 10:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Graham

Just put two rolls of film (That's 24 pics folks!) through this:-

Just going to send them to Ilford for dev & high res' scanning.
           Fingers crossed.  Graham. :)
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Reinardina

Alan, just read your post about the ring. (I am a bit behind.) What wonderful luck!

I love how 'everyone' seems to be going (back) to film! For me, a 'proper' photographer, is still one, who started out with film and had his own darkroom.

When I was a kid, I used my dad's camera, a Zeiss Ikon. Eight pictures per film. I took them to a photographer though, to be developed and printed. I don't think chemists used to 'do' photographs in those days.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Graham

Quote from: Reinardina on May 10, 2012, 04:44:02 PM
Alan, just read your post about the ring. (I am a bit behind.) What wonderful luck!

I love how 'everyone' seems to be going (back) to film! For me, a 'proper' photographer, is still one, who started out with film and had his own darkroom.

When I was a kid, I used my dad's camera, a Zeiss Ikon. Eight pictures per film. I took them to a photographer though, to be developed and printed. I don't think chemists used to 'do' photographs in those days.

Oh yes, I love the smell of stop bath in the morning!
  The first thing I did, when we moved to this house, was partition off one end of the garage  to house the dark room.
  When I went digital, wifey claimed the darkroom as a second potting shed (How many plant pots does one woman need?).
  Those two rolls of film I mentioned will have cost about £45.00 by the time I get anything to look at on a screen, so I won't be makeing a habbit of it.
                          Graham.  :tup:

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

irv_b

Quote from: ABERS on May 06, 2012, 06:37:19 PM
You may want to buy this Irv.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_nkw=larry%20bartlett&clk_rvr_id=339760756915&adpos=1t2&MT_ID=11&crlp=11163913357_2113181&tt_encode=raw&keyword=larry+bartlett&geo_id=32091

Larry Bartlett was one of, if not the top, B+W printer of his age. He worked in Fleet Street and won Ilford Printer of the Year several times. I met him on several occasions and got him to give talks at our club.

He commited suicide in 1995 aged 45 suffering from depression after Fleet St went digital.

I bought this book off ebay £2.95 with free postage which arrived today! I had a quick flick through and I think that I 'll be spending as much time reading as I will be in the darkroom it's so interesting :tup: Cheers Abers :tup:
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

irv_b

Quote from: Graham on May 10, 2012, 04:59:58 PM

The first thing I did, when we moved to this house, was partition off one end of the garage  to house the dark room.
  When I went digital, wifey claimed the darkroom as a second potting shed (How many plant pots does one woman need?).
  Those two rolls of film I mentioned will have cost about £45.00 by the time I get anything to look at on a screen, so I won't be makeing a habbit of it.

Graham 18 quid it has been costing per film (15 exposures of which maybe half a dozen were worth showing :-[) for a develop and scan onto a cd, hence when the chance of the enlarger and chems came up I took the plunge- yet to use it though!
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

Graham

Quote from: irv_b on May 14, 2012, 09:34:49 PM
Quote from: Graham on May 10, 2012, 04:59:58 PM

Graham 18 quid it has been costing per film (15 exposures of which maybe half a dozen were worth showing :-[) for a develop and scan onto a cd, hence when the chance of the enlarger and chems came up I took the plunge- yet to use it though!

Good look with the "Wet darkroom"...or "Darkroom" as it used to be known! Any problems just shout up, I'm sure there's a few here with long memories. :tup:

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

ABERS

Bemoaning the fact that I didn't get an image in this year's London Salon. Now I know why!

See the medal winners

http://www.londonsalon.org/#

:tup:

Hinfrance

Abers, that link is booby trapped with an attempt to access local networks. My browser blocks access  :'(

I think it might be something to do with the # - going direct to the site works.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

ABERS

Try it wihout the # Howard, just had another look and the # is absent. No idea where that came from.

http://www.londonsalon.org/

Hinfrance

Thanks Alan.

Some great stuff there, but I'm sure your's is at least as good. I particularly liked the apocalypse and dancers in the medal winners. It should be worth popping back in a few days to have a look at the other images they are promising to post.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Reinardina

Some great shots, but totally out of my comfort zone! I'll have a lot to learn yet.

What made me feel very good today, is the fact I managed to get the poll up, including pictures, this time. Only Howard's 'Rose' doesn't play ball.

I've asked 'someone' to correct it, in a post straight under the entry thread. If someone can explain what went wrong, please do.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: ABERS on May 15, 2012, 07:25:46 AM
Bemoaning the fact that I didn't get an image in this year's London Salon. Now I know why!

See the medal winners

http://www.londonsalon.org/#

:tup:

Pastel shades seem to be the in thing (rather than over cooked looking HDR shots) - Very refreshing with a touch of grit - Thanks for sharing Alan  :)
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Beaux Reflets

WMMFGT; The acro props have gone from the kitchen  :tup:
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Oldboy

Quote from: beauxreflets on May 16, 2012, 08:15:01 AM
WMMFGT; The acro props have gone from the kitchen  :tup:

You mean they were pinched overnight!  :o  :2funny:

michaelb104

As an appreciation of the work some of us have been doing the client has organised a trip for us around the Portsmouth Naval Base next week – thought that was a really nice gesture.

Wonder if I can take my camera?
Mike

My Flickr   .   My Fluidr

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.