• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,415
  • Total Topics: 5,708
  • Online today: 48
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 32
  • Total: 32
If you would like to make a donation to help with the running costs of the site, then a donation button has been added to the bottom of the page.  Thanks.
RØDE NT1 Signature Series...Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....

What made you feel good today

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 10:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hinfrance

Made it home from the road trip - piccies to follow - almost a 10 hour drive through torrential rain and howling winds. Remind me, it's May when?

Anyway, apart from the safe journey home and the prospect of sleeping in the same place for more than one night at a time, I wish to commend the Fuji HS20 as a pretty perfect traveling companion (and, I suppose Lidl rechargeable batteries too): 1086 shots taken on one set of AA rechargeables and I still haven't had to change them. I wonder how many pictures I can take before they expire? I've been reviewing the pictures on the screen lots too, so I am more than pleased.

Now there is a week and a half of gardening to catch up with. Watch out in 'what bemused me today' for what bemused me about visiting B&H in New York . . .
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

bones615

Car passed its mot last week, bike passed this morning and all for the price of a couple of bulbs and a set of drop links. On the downside i have an advisory for rear pads on the bike and its a pig of a job to get the rusty pins out.

Simon

Hinfrance

Very amusing ads for mobile contagious disease infection units. At least they're not as a bad as trains . .  .
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Reinardina

Haven't got the time to watch videos at the moment, but it is not raining (yet) so I'm feeling pretty good!

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Jonathan

Briefly (very briefly) I was in the top 100 rowers in the WORLD.

Concept 2 have an "Honour Board" for most metres rowed in a year.  I hit position 98 out of about 4,000 competitors this morning.

Things to know:
1. Season starts on May 1st :)
2. If you post early in the morning then you end up a day ahead of the yanks :D
3. I'm now position 123 and falling....

http://log.concept2.com/challenge/annual_meters2013.asp?gotopage=3

It's Guest's round

skellum

A good effort Jonathan  :tup:  Just had a look and a Brit is in 1st spot ( at the moment )

irv_b

WMMFGT
I bought some gear to set a little darkroom, so I can mess around with some developing and printing and can pick it up sunday when I go down to Pompey.

I will most probably start off in the bathroom then move it into the loft once I'm a bit more hands on. Oh and to cap it off, one of the guys in my camera club had already said he is going to give a few of us a lesson or two in his home darkroom.
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

Reinardina

Quote from: irv_b on May 04, 2012, 07:36:54 PM
WMMFGT
I bought some gear to set a little darkroom, so I can mess around with some developing and printing and can pick it up sunday when I go down to Pompey.

I will most probably start off in the bathroom then move it into the loft once I'm a bit more hands on. Oh and to cap it off, one of the guys in my camera club had already said he is going to give a few of us a lesson or two in his home darkroom.

So it's back to the future then?

More and more photographers seem to get (back) 'into' dark rooms these days.

Hinfrance

That'll be hours of your life disappearing in a tangy chemical smell then.

I used to have a darkroom in the basement of a former house. There can be few more satisfying ways of whiling away the time. I wish you every joy of it Irv.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Oldboy

WMMFGT
Oh and to cap it off, one of the guys in my camera club had already said he is going to give a few of us a lesson or two in his home darkroom.

Now remember what your mother said about going with strange men!  :doh:

ABERS

Reinardina

Quote from: Oldboy on May 04, 2012, 09:43:31 PM
WMMFGT
Oh and to cap it off, one of the guys in my camera club had already said he is going to give a few of us a lesson or two in his home darkroom.

Now remember what your mother said about going with strange men!  :doh:

Especially when they want to show their their dark room, and give you some lessons!

Reinardina

Quote from: ABERS on May 04, 2012, 10:40:43 PM
How I envy you Irv. Enjoy! :tup:

Is it too late for you to start again?

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.