• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,415
  • Total Topics: 5,708
  • Online today: 33
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 33
  • Total: 33
  • Google
Wish
RØDE NT1 Signature Series...Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....

What made you feel good today

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 10:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greypoint

Quote from: michaelb104 on February 02, 2012, 05:15:21 PM
Just found the music of Nina Simone, not sure how I'd missed this?   :)

Mmm - favourite Nina Simone track....possibly her version of I Put a  Spell on You...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDprYZ-tgiA&feature=related

anglefire

My favourite Nina Simone song is Sinnerman - as used on the Pierce Brosnen version of The Thomas Crown Affair.

http://youtu.be/Qie9icuHp-Y
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Markulous

Whatever and ever. Amen
http://smg.photobucket.com/home/Markulous/index
Mark @ Photobucket

Beaux Reflets

This is my Nina Simone fav' -   8) rhythm - Never fails to get my foot tapping  ;D - See if you can sit completely still  :2funny:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SE1VrzT6RrQ
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Reinardina

You must be very young! Or you listened to the wrong radio stations.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

anglefire

Quote from: Markulous on February 03, 2012, 07:40:02 AM
Get away wiv yer - 99 Luftballons  :2funny:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZwhzf8NC4o

I like this one too - much to the annoyance of SWMBO :)

She recorded it in several languages ISTR- German is good 
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

spinner

Quote from: Reinardina on February 03, 2012, 08:40:26 AM

You must be very young! Or you listened to the wrong radio stations.

Well I can assure you, the white beard I'm sporting in my avatar isn't photoshopped.  ;D I'd never heard of her until very recently. I suspect it has to do with her history of self exile from the U.S. in protest of the Vietnam war. They probably had her blacklisted on this side of the Atlantic.  :(
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

greypoint

I think Nina Simone could be 'difficult' - as some highly talented people can be. I heard an anecdote on the radio a few years ago when Ronnie Scott was talking about the famous people who had played at his jazz club. Nina Simone was booked as top of the bill and on the evening there was no sign of her. The audience was waiting and he was getting worried. At the last moment the door opened and Nina Simone stomped in, went to the piano, took off her coat, put down the carrier bag she was holding, sat down and played her set. After the last song as the audience applauded, she got up put her coat on, picked up the carrier bag and stomped back out of the door  :) On the other hand, Ella Fitzgerald was apparently delightful  ::)

Graham

Talking of divaish famous folk. I got to photograph Roy Woods Rock & Roll band just before Christmas. I had to email him directly to get permision some two months before show date.
  After the performance I disapear to the backstage area where there's a huge commercial kitchen, and where I keep my coat and stuff. Roy and the band were in there so I thought "Don't make eye contact, grab your stuff and leave quietly", that was the plan.......Oi Graham, over 'ere mate!....It was only Roy bleeding Wood! Thanked me for taking pics and asked to see them before publishing any. A charming, gentle sort of a chap and he rememberd my name after one email two months previous.
                     Graham. :tup:  :dance:

PS  Ther's another Internationally famous female singing star who contacted me to insist that I did'nt "Exploit" any images I had, as she had'nt given permission (I was working for the promoter.). Her publicity photo's appear to date from the early 80's, and it has to be said, mother nature and gravity have'nt been kind to her though she still has a very fine voice.
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Mick

Nice work Graham.  :tup:  Spose you'll be too famous to post on here soon.  :D

Thanks for sharing.  ;)
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

Graham

Quote from: admin on February 04, 2012, 02:39:07 PM
Nice work Graham.  :tup:  Spose you'll be too famous to post on here soon.  :D

Thanks for sharing.  ;)

Mick mate, next time, If you want to speak to me, could you go through my agent.
                   Graham. ;)

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Reinardina

Quote from: Graham on February 04, 2012, 02:18:27 PM
  Talking of divaish famous folk. I got to photograph Roy Woods Rock & Roll band just before Christmas. I had to email him directly to get permision some two months before show date.
  After the performance I disapear to the backstage area where there's a huge commercial kitchen, and where I keep my coat and stuff. Roy and the band were in there so I thought "Don't make eye contact, grab your stuff and leave quietly", that was the plan.......Oi Graham, over 'ere mate!....It was only Roy bleeding Wood! Thanked me for taking pics and asked to see them before publishing any. A charming, gentle sort of a chap and he rememberd my name after one email two months previous.
                     Graham. :tup:  :dance:

PS  Ther's another Internationally famous female singing star who contacted me to insist that I did'nt "Exploit" any images I had, as she had'nt given permission (I was working for the promoter.). Her publicity photo's appear to date from the early 80's, and it has to be said, mother nature and gravity have'nt been kind to her though she still has a very fine voice.

I'd prefer my publicity photos to be from the early 80's as well!

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

jinky

ABERS

And that's the man I stole coffee for!

Is that the Roy Wood who used to perform in Wizzard?

Graham

Quote from: ABERS on February 04, 2012, 04:56:09 PM
And that's the man I stole coffee for!

Is that the Roy Wood who used to perform in Wizzard?

That's him. He lives up the road from me (Ok about 16 miles "Up the road") and has a Range Rover Sport with a number plate that spells "WIZARD".....sort of.
                           I always find stolen coffee to be infinately preferable to the bought stuff!
                                             As ever.  Graham.

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.