• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,415
  • Total Topics: 5,708
  • Online today: 64
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 31
  • Total: 31
aliexpress
RØDE NT1 Signature Series...Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....

What made you feel good today

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 10:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldboy

Just read this on AOL.  :o

A camera made in 1923 has been sold for over £1m. The auction of the old Leica happened in Austria and the oversized snapper is still working perfectly . Time to search the loft.  :P

Graham

Quote from: Oldboy on June 07, 2011, 12:06:42 AM
Just read this on AOL.  :o

A camera made in 1923 has been sold for over £1m. The auction of the old Leica happened in Austria and the oversized snapper is still working perfectly . Time to search the loft.  :P

Bet it has'nt even got LiveView nor nuffink! :2funny:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Hinfrance

I think you're selling it short OB, it went for U$1.9m according to the Leica rumours site

I don't think they threw in a free case :)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

jinky

I was bidding but pulled out at 950k when I realised it did not come with a roll of film. ;)

michaelb104

What!! It doesn't come with a roll of film, I've been had......  ;D
Mike

My Flickr   .   My Fluidr

Reinardina

Torrential rain, just after we finished work on a drainage ditch. (In my capacity as 'Volunteer Ranger' in a country park.)

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

greypoint

Finally got my new cheapie Canon printer installed - amazingly only took one go to do it too. Initial thoughts - it does almost as much in the way of clicks and whirrs as the Epson but much more quietly. Had just printed out an A4 of a Rough Collie for someone on the Epson so did the same picture on the Canon - the Canon seemed to edge the Epson on colour and a slightly more natural look but they're much of a muchness and pretty good for the price.
  :dance: :dance: :dance:

greypoint

Bought a mint condition, boxed, complete K20D - 3820 shutter count - with warranty - for £265 post free - can't be bad  :dance: :dance: :dance:

rksmith51

Confirmation that my services are required as a second shooter at the Glasgow Urbanathon on Sunday, Yeah! action shots all day  ;D
Hi, "Guest" long time no see, how are you

Babs

Hiya, sorry for the long absence, but I'm back, didn't realise how big the site was.............and I've found the arcade oh I just love games especially word ones, trying my hardest to beat greypoints scores but he's too good, hope you are okay.

'What made me feel good today........................coming back on this site!! thanks Beryl for reminding me how good it is :-*

jinky

Quote from: rksmith51 on June 09, 2011, 08:43:43 PM
Confirmation that my services are required as a second shooter at the Glasgow Urbanathon on Sunday, Yeah! action shots all day  ;D

Nice one Bob - have a good day! I used to shoot foer a company covering the BUPA runs and loved it , especially the Great Run. A lasting memory was one of taking my time on my first  shooting the pro runners coming over the hill and down in small groups / one at a time then the "Zulu" realisation when what seemed liek thousands came over the crest in a vast throng of colour and me having to pick out individual shots that they might buy! marathon photos took over, paid less and I got worried about just how many clicks I was putting on my camera  so I stopped but great fun all the same.

Hinfrance

Quote from: rksmith51 on June 09, 2011, 08:43:43 PM

Have fun Bob ;)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Graham

Quote from: Babs on June 09, 2011, 09:46:14 PM
trying my hardest to beat greypoints scores but he's too good, hope you are okay.

Welcome back Babs.
                                      By the way, Greypoint is a lady ( And a mighty fine photographer too.)
                                                  Graham. :tup:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

greypoint

Quote from: Graham on June 10, 2011, 07:41:33 AM
Quote from: Babs on June 09, 2011, 09:46:14 PM
trying my hardest to beat greypoints scores but he's too good, hope you are okay.

Welcome back Babs.
                                      By the way, Greypoint is a lady ( And a mighty fine photographer too.)
                                                  Graham. :tup:

..cheque's in the post..... :dance:

Hinfrance

Quote from: greypoint on June 09, 2011, 07:35:29 PM
Bought a mint condition, boxed, complete K20D - 3820 shutter count - with warranty - for £265 post free - can't be bad  :dance: :dance: :dance:

That's great. I often prefer to take the K20D over the K5 - it fits my bigger mits somewhat better, and I guess that my muscle memory is more attuned to it.

Watch out for battery life though - whereas the K10D and K5 never seem to need charging the K20D eats batteries  :o
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.