• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,415
  • Total Topics: 5,708
  • Online today: 35
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 42
  • Total: 42
millets
RØDE NT1 Signature Series...Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....

What made you feel good today

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 10:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just Dave

Many thanks Eileen  :)

Ha ha nice link Irv ;D
Visit Our Website Clicky Linky My Flickr Clicky Linky Scrap Cars Buyer scrapcarsbuyer.co.uk

Jonathan

Quote from: Graham on July 02, 2010, 05:18:06 PM
  Nice set of pics there Dave, really tells the story.
                            Graham. :tup:

They do indeed.  And seriously well done on getting money out of a paper.

But is it just me that stories like this make angry?  A 34 year old man (old enough to know better, young enough to cope with it) overexerts himself swimming.  So he crashes into a platform for baby birds upsetting their parents and causing unknown damage to the nests.  Then he diverts 3 (count them 3) fire engines from doing productive stuff like, I don't know, maybe fighting fires and wastes their time "rescuing" him.  Of course they need all appropriate safety equipment so they have to deploy a kayak, dry suits etc.

Really, I hope he got charged for the rescue.  I've had cramp swimming and it's uncomfortable.  But if you can stand up you can swim.

BTW what's causing the huge colour shifts?  Is that the different lenses?

WMMFGT?  Meeting up with a friend for coffee and donuts.  Simple stuff ;)
It's Guest's round

spinner

Agreed, some of those 35 pics demand explanation, on the other hand some, I just don't want to know! ;D
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Graham

Eileen.
           Thanks for the comment re the orchestra pic.
           So you've been to "Grays" then..... I'd love to visit that place, I'd come out with arms full of stuff and a big silly grin on my face.....right up to the point where I was handed the divorce papers!
                                Graham. :2funny:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Eileen

Grays is like a treasure trove. The walls are all glass cabinets withe every bit of Nikon kit you've ever heard of (and quite a lot you haven't) on display. They are very happy to let you try things out, even though it's obvious you're not going to buy them there and then. It's definitely worth a visit if you're ever near Victoria station.  :)

Jonathan

First time I ever went to Grays I knew it was special - they invited me to sit down.  :)
It's Guest's round

picsfor

Quote from: Jonathan on July 03, 2010, 09:22:10 AM
First time I ever went to Grays I knew it was special - they invited me to sit down.  :)

Yes that  was so they could get better leverage on the 'Blad'  :tup:  :2funny:

Oldboy

Quote from: Jonathan on July 03, 2010, 09:22:10 AM
First time I ever went to Grays I knew it was special - they invited me to sit down.  :)

Probably an age thing!  :2funny:

spinner

Finally got a day out at the Royal Botannical Gardens in Burlington ON, having renewed my membership in May.  Went to the Hendrie garden which specializes in Roses though not to exclusion. Gorgeous sunny day, not too busy. Wifey and I had a nice lunch at the Garden Tea room. Their patio overlooks a ravine woodlot that's part of the larger gardens.  ;D ;D
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

krennon

Well it was actually Monday, returned home after 9 days in glorious Devon (only had two dodgy days weather wise) sat down in front of the pooter after unpacking (the advantages of staying with in-laws no dirty washing to bring back lol) I now have some 300 odd RAW images to try and process, but having had a quick butchers at the RAW images, I think I got some great shots of Dragon Flies and Damsel Flies (taken at Stover country park, nr Bovey Tracey and definitely won't be as good as Oldboys) then some more great shots (imho) of the Cheesewrings on Bodmin Moor. These are naturally formed Granite formations on top of one of the high peaks....Plus some halfway decent shots taken from the top of Hounds Tor on Dartmoor (again one of the highest points on Dartmoor)....Didn't get to shoot the Hurlers at Bodmin as there was a family playing cricket in the middle of them (a neolithic ring of standing stones that legend has it were actually men turned to stone for playing Hurling on a Sunday seeing as they are about 1500bc I don't reckon this is true at all). Once said shots have been processed I will try and add them to the gallery.....Also planning a trip later in the year to the Hawk Conservancy near Andover as didn't get to go to the one on Exmoor the day we were going to go it rained non-stop....never mind gives me a chance to try and save up for that 300mm lens I want/need.... ;)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithfransella/

"Everything in moderation including moderation" Oscar Wilde

Oldboy

Quote from: krennon on July 07, 2010, 04:55:08 PM
Well it was actually Monday, returned home after 9 days in glorious Devon (only had two dodgy days weather wise).

Strange, as we've had no rain here!  :o

Quote from: krennon on July 07, 2010, 04:55:08 PM
I think I got some great shots of Dragon Flies and Damsel Flies (taken at Stover country park, nr Bovey Tracey and definitely won't be as good as Oldboys)

:-[

I bet your shots are just as good if not better.   ;D

krennon

I've put some piccys in the gallery now so have a look Oldboy (and others of course), I remember one of your dragon fly shots from the old DCM gallery that blew everyone away, believe me this doesn't compete with that, but I am happy with the shot....oh and any chance you could identify the bird of prey with the horrible halo effect from zooming it in using elements for me? I thought it was a buzzard but am not absolutely certain....now thinking could it be a sparrowhawk....unfortunately can't quite identify it using my Collins Pocket Guide (which I bought so I could try and identify birds I shot lol)

alan1572

knowing i'm only half an hour from my bed :tup:
Who wanted dry roasted with their pint?

krennon

After a couple of months of having no inspiration whatsoever  :'(, other than taking a few shots in the back garden of our new cat (Willow got her from Battersea and she's lovely although her & our other cat Salem do seem to be having the odd hissy fit they seem to be at least tolerating each other but I digress)
Took lots and lots of piccys on hols last week and posted a few in the gallery and have had some very very positive comments  :tup: so thank you to all of you who have taken the trouble to comment, you've re-ignited the spark and I am going to try and get out some more with the camera possibly this weekend....but do also need to process/edit some 300 odd raw files....at least they're all backed up onto disc now though....

Eileen

Glad you're feeling inspired again Keith.  :)

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.