• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 249
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 110
  • Total: 110
photobox
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Chat for weekly competition 7th - 13th September - Ephemeral

Started by Carlj, September 06, 2009, 11:06:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carlj

Oldboy

Great subject, now all I have to do is find a local friendly Ghost!  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

Damon

"Ephemeral" Oxford Dictionary> Short Lived. Blimey thats a toughy. better get my thinking cap on. This is gonna be interesting.
Damon.

jimthetrain

Dictionary definition got me thinking. 8) So I thought Bubbles.

Well pleased with the reflection in it as a bonus. :tup:

jim
BOOZE!!! Helping ugly people have sex.

Carlj

jimthetrain

Quote from: Carlj on September 09, 2009, 11:11:22 PM
Quote from: picsfor on September 09, 2009, 09:35:56 PM
shan't bother now i've seen jims!  :)
Shame he's posted it in the wrong place  ::)

It is in the entry thread aswell. Just put it in here incase people only look at one thread. ::)

Colin

Jim, Can you tell us how you got the shot, or is it a trade secret? ;)

jimthetrain

Quote from: Colin on September 11, 2009, 05:26:53 AM

No trade secret. I originally set up a tripod and started blowing a few bubbles out but it was too windy to get them in focus so I got one of my sons to blow some bubbles in the garden and I went chasing after them.Used manual focus and just kept shooting.Didn't think I'd got a good one until I put them on the computer.Worth the effort in the end though.It's a pity there is some lens flare in the bottom half(canon 100 macro doesn't have a hood >:()

jim

Oldboy

Quote from: jimthetrain on September 11, 2009, 10:54:20 AM

No trade secret. I originally set up a tripod and started blowing a few bubbles out but it was too windy to get them in focus so I got one of my sons to blow some bubbles in the garden and I went chasing after them.Used manual focus and just kept shooting.Didn't think I'd got a good one until I put them on the computer.Worth the effort in the end though.It's a pity there is some lens flare in the bottom half(canon 100 macro doesn't have a hood >:()

jim
I bet your neighbours were impressed watching you chasing bubbles!  ::)  :2funny:

jimthetrain

Quote from: Oldboy on September 11, 2009, 07:07:50 PM
Quote from: jimthetrain on September 11, 2009, 10:54:20 AM

jim
I bet your neighbours were impressed watching you chasing bubbles!  ::)  :2funny:

At least I was dressed this time. :2funny: :legit:

Oldboy

Tried to post my entry but the topic is locked?

Here's my entry:

Misty Dawn@

Good luck all.  :tup:

picsfor

That's an amazing picture - it would certainly have thrown open the competition.

oRGie

I've unlocked the entries thread and locked and reset the poll, all done a day too early Carl ;)  If you can add any entries that come in today to the poll thread, any probs give me a shout..

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.