• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 225
  • Total: 225
photobox
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Have a Look

Started by ABERS, June 19, 2016, 11:21:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ABERS

Pointed in the direction of The Guardian /photography Cickens and Corsets.

Hope you can find it OK.  A series of haunting B+W images from the 30's.

Oldboy

ABERS

jinky

Great evocative shots

anglefire

Not that long ago - Environmental health would have a heart attack at the chicken!
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

DigiDiva

Emotionally moving. Love them.
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Reinardina

Great stuff. Very occasionally, I manage to 'see' an image this way and 'catch it.'

Love Dennis Thorpe as well, and Bert Hardy.

Would not try to imitate/plagiarise these images, but they do inspire and 'show the way' to see beauty in everyday situations. Or call it the beauty of reality.

In haste (from Holland).

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

ABERS

If you have access  to Sky Arts have a look at Masters of Photography  tonight  at  8pm.  It's  a bit like Master Chef but more interesting .

Lots of pretentious  twaddle but one good bit of advice, "Don't  take pictures to please the judge, do what  pleases you."

Alfonso_Frisk

Quote from: ABERS on July 22, 2016, 03:56:48 PM
If you have access  to Sky Arts have a look at Masters of Photography  tonight  at  8pm.  It's  a bit like Master Chef but more interesting .

Lots of pretentious  twaddle but one good bit of advice, "Don't  take pictures to please the judge, do what  pleases you."

It was 6pm. Ive recorded it (or taped it as wifey says.)
Its also on the plus 1 channel  and the catch up format , it was originally Thursday nights I believe.
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

Reinardina

I 'only' have Freeview, which I don't watch either. (On average, I watch maybe three hours per month.)

I do not try to please judges, as I never enter anything that will be properly judged; maybe I should, as I would probably learn a lot.
I do what I like, as far as photography is concerned, and shoot whatever catches my eye, including my kitchen window, and vapour trails!

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Alfonso_Frisk

Just watched it. Spot on with your analysis Alan, especially the comparison to masterchef.
I got distracted/bored a couple of times with the slow script etc but will give it another go next week.
I did agree with the "judges" stating they were underwhelmed with shots displayed.
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

ABERS

Wouldn't  bother this week.  :uglystupid2:

jinky

Looked in tonight and wasn`t too bad I thought. Having been to berlin recently I was quite interested in seeing what they did. generally disappointing but it was a miserable night of empty streets. I felt the German guy who posed his own friends was allowed to much leaway although is in trouble for using other unofficial equipment. Bruce Gilden was a bit savage and very much seeing his style as the only style. Although I agreed with aspects of what he said re: getting closer his assertions that they needed themselves to be expressed in the image was  a bit arty for me. I`ll do a series link and see where this one goes but the right one went out tonight with her rather boring rubbish pictures that said nothing much at all.

ABERS

I've  got a feeling it's  going to turn even more into a programme  much like those boring and repetitive  cooking  shows that seem to litter the TV these days.

A couple of things puzzle me. Why do they have to use equipment provided and do they all get the same choice?  There doesn't  seem to be any  disagreement  amongst the competitors who gets what.

Perhaps choosing a nighttime shoot for Berlin  was to obviate the possibility  of all the usual 'Berlin' shots that visitors take in the city. Having said that they could have chosen any place where the streets were relatively  empty at night.

The judges, well they're  judges. They have to be critical  and usually in an arty  farty way otherwise they wouldn't have much credence with any of the  viewers  from the arty  farty section.

Gilden was rude and dismissive especially to the bloke who questioned his comments on his work. Saying 'you may not agree but that's where you are and that's  where I am", implying I'm  famous and you're not.

I expect it will drag on but hopefully improve and each week some poor wretch will be embarrassed.

The Italian  judge is the bloke who women DCM POTY a few years ago with the portrait of an anorexic girl in a glamorous pose.

jinky

Quote from: ABERS on July 30, 2016, 08:23:47 AM

A couple of things puzzle me. Why do they have to use equipment provided and do they all get the same choice?  There doesn't  seem to be any  disagreement  amongst the competitors who gets what.
Puzzled me too. Seemed an obvious street photography theme where they would needc to travel light and find action on the streets but some chose otherwise and I wondered whether that was all that was left or they made an active choice. Just seemed a bit biased towards the German guys who kinew Berlin well and used friends to pose in staged shots too.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.