• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 249
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 127
  • Total: 127
aliexpress
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Chat for International Weekly Competition- FREEDOM- 16th March till 22nd March

Started by irv_b, March 15, 2009, 04:02:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irv_b

The topic for this weeks comp is ............ FREEDOM

The subject can be interpreted in any sense of the word, whether its a pic of your budgie flying out of its cage or the set of keys to that old Bugatti roadster that you are fixing up in the garage (if only)

THE RULES
                                            1.  All entries to be taken between 00.01 Monday  to 23.59 Sunday. ( Local UK time )
                                             2.  One entry per per person.
                                             3.  Posting of entries deadline midnight Monday 24th March.
                                             4.  A voting poll will be available from Tuesday to Friday
                                             5.  The winner to choose the topic / theme for the following week and post it on the site no later than midnight Sunday. ( the sooner the better )
                                             6.  Winners to be known as   Cranium International Photo Competition Winner  CIPCW

My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

Hinfrance

This is going to be a tricky one Irv.

Not helped by the unusual amount of time this week I am spending doing beta testing . .

No doubt I shall come up with something - probably rubbish  :D
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

irv_b

Quote from: Tringle WP on March 17, 2009, 08:55:46 PM

Not helped by the unusual amount of time this week I am spending doing beta testing . .

I yet to see you come up with a rubbish effort Howard
I thought that the subject was quite wide ranging we'll have to wait and see eh!!!
My Gallery

northbeach

Great subject!   I'm going to have to open some little doors in my imagination  :tup:
"In a hundred years, all new people."  My Gallery

Hinfrance

Quote from: irv_b on March 17, 2009, 10:56:34 PM
Quote from: Tringle WP on March 17, 2009, 08:55:46 PM

I yet to see you come up with a rubbish effort Howard
I thought that the subject was quite wide ranging we'll have to wait and see eh!!!

Will try not to disappoint Irv, got a few ideas, but one can't be done because it's got all sunny and calm, and the other will have to wait until the weekend to get done - at least that's only tomorrow . .
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

stevebedder

After a hectic week I'm looking forward to getting out and taking some pictures.

Already got a few ideas, hopefully will be able to get some good shots.

Good first entry in by guy.

Steve

irv_b

Got to agree a great first entry Guy :tup: I have one shot taken but going to try another idea tomorrow
Irv
My Gallery

Hinfrance

Well I managed to get a picture in - luck was against me this week on this one. Had several ideas but what with one thing and another nothing actually got done.

Then. at last today a light breeze. Not enough to get one of the stunt kites or the foil up, but enough for the old delta single line job.

What a relief!

:tup:
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

stevebedder

Mines in for this week too, it's not what I had in mind but still quite pleased with it anyway.

Good to see a couple of new people enter as well  :tup:

Did you change your entry Northbeach from 'Freedom of Serenity' to 'Free as a Bird'?

Steve

Oldboy

Didn't post a bird as someone beat me to it so went with the No Fences theme.  :tup:

jimthetrain

OK that's me in  :tup: Only had limited time in London before having to drive back to Birmingham, so had a quick trip to horse guards parade to take this memorial. Unfortunately I couldn't hang on for the extra 15 minutes for the sun to move further round the back of the statue :(
BOOZE!!! Helping ugly people have sex.

irv_b

My Gallery

oRGie

All good shots, Northbeach got my vote as it said freedom to me in a way I relate to and its a great shot.

Critique, please take this as intended :) everyone like feedback I hope...  these are just my opinions from my gut, no expertise involved   :legit:

Northbeach, the only thing I would have done slightly differently is to crop a little off the top to give the swooping down effect a little more impact.

bones615, great idea and a strong message for the comp subject, just needed to be a little straighter, I would have edited the colour a little for more impact, ie stronger blacks. But the DOF is spot on for the shot.

Guy, lovely photo, one I would have been proud of.

Irv, nice composition and good strong colour.

Mine, I would have been happier if the birds had taken off while the boat was a bit farther out from the rocks. Also shame it was a slightly overcast afternoon so the clouds have no strength.

Steve, Like this shot, good composition and colour, might have straightened the chimney a bit though.

Triangle, great idea, great work to set up and good composition and colour. On one hand the lens flare gives the shot something, on the other hand it takes away a little strength from the kites colours.

Oldboy, nice idea, perhaps the fence was a bit thick for the prupose, but as allways executed perfectly as you wanted it.

Jim, lovely photo, great composition and fits the brief very well, my second place vote for sure.

Dave, very good composition and the idea fits the brief in a way I certainly relate to, I love going for drives and being a biker at heart the road does call :)

oRGie...   :beer:

skellum

I think Steve Bedders picture is very good as he has used his camera skills ( not program mode ) and the very low angle makes the picture work.
      Dave    :legit:

bones615

Thanks for the feedback Orgie, I can see your points and perhaps I should have spent more time playing with it but I am far too busy trying to take some of Alans titles in the arcade!!!!!!

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.