• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 51
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 37
  • Total: 37
  • Baidu
wex
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

This Facebook Copyright thingy

Started by Sarasocke, August 03, 2012, 10:15:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarasocke

I'm not a member and have no intention of becoming a member of Facebook.
However...

A member of our Animal Protection Charity has offered to set up and take care of a Facebook page for us. Quite a few of the photos on our website are mine. If she posted these photos on Facebook, would it mean that I no longer have the copyright and as such lose the right to use the photos as I wish?

Or am I being paranoid?
Carol aka Sarasocke 
My Gallery

anglefire

Copyright remains with you - however you do give permission for it to be freely distributed.

----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Sarasocke

Thanks Mark!

The photos won't be large enough to do anything much and have my copyright on them, so I'm not too worried about that. They're not photos I'd earn any money with ... Just didn't want to give away my rights.
Carol aka Sarasocke 
My Gallery

jinky

Yes just put low res images on with a logo and they will work as advertising rather than fearing theft. Someone challenged me for the bold, "amateur loking logo" I started putting on recently but it makes it obvious whose it is and also I put it in the hardest area to clone.

Matthew

I have a few photos on Facebook. But they are low rez versions. I am subscribed to a couple of professional photographers pages who update their pages from time to time and they do the same and have watermarks.

I don't think anyone would steal my images though....infact I think I'd be flattered if they did.....God knows it's hard enough to sell them... :D ;D
Never argue with a stupid person, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Sarasocke

Someone proudly informed me today that he'd pinched a couple of my dog images from flickr. I told him they were low res and had a watermark, and he told me that as he's a PS expert, a watermark isn't a problem.
They do a lot of volunteer work at the shelter, so I didn't take it any further, but it's interesting what people will do and not think anything about it.

Anyhoo, no problems with Facebook as I feared, so that's OK.
Carol aka Sarasocke 
My Gallery

anglefire

You can get a digi-mark added to your images - though it's not cheap I seem to remember. They recon that even after being printed and photocopied, that the "Watermark" remains.

If you find someone nicks a picture, just send them an invoice for an amount of your choice and when they don't pay, follow it up, going legal if you have to and really feel the need.

And even if that chap is a photoshop expert, he would be paying in his time to remove any watermarks, so still isn't getting them for free, though doesn't help your bank account. I would also make it known that you aren't happy with the infringement of your copyright, volunteer or not.
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.