• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 49
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 48
  • Total: 48
7ds
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Tablet or Netbook? or neither ...

Started by Sarasocke, December 31, 2012, 04:54:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bones615

Had a tablet for a while now, at first I was a bit dubious as to how much use it would get but now its always by my side indoors. Use for web browsing all the time, music with headphones, kindle app, pointless games etc. Not sure I would use it for photo editing or if I could even get images from my camera to it but as a handy gadget it can't be beaten IMHO.

Sarasocke

As I really do need it to store photos until I get home, I think the tablets are out of the question.
When I started the thread somehow I thought there was a trick to being able to do what I need to do.

Never mind, a netbook it is.
Carol aka Sarasocke 
My Gallery

SimonW

Santa gave me a 7" tablet. I suspect it'll not be a great deal of use for photographers except perhaps to view images just a bit larger than on the camera's screen while away from home.

Anyway, to answer a query from above, there are Apps available for tablets, and connection cables to allow copying from SD cards to the tablet  (though I understand not back again so even if you could edit it might be pointless).

Mine cost under £2 for the App and a total of less than £4 for the card reader and the OTG (on-the-go) cable, both items free delivery from separate Amazon suppliers. And it worked perfectly. The screen shot below shows all you might need to know.

Simon Warren
(in Dunning, Scotland)

Sarasocke

One last question, then I'll be quiet  :legit:

Which is better: an Intel Celeron Dual Core 847 or an AMD C70?
Carol aka Sarasocke 
My Gallery

Oldboy

Quote from: Sarasocke on January 10, 2013, 06:28:44 PM
One last question, then I'll be quiet  :legit:

Which is better: an Intel Celeron Dual Core 847 or an AMD C70?

Both of those are underpowered so many be a bit slow. Suggest you check out the quad core laptops/tablets which will be faster.  ;D

Sarasocke

An Amazon search gave me nothing much under 1000€ and the smallest was 13.3" (which was 1,400€)
It's not something I'm going to be using permanently.

I just wondered what the difference been the two I mentioned was  :D
Carol aka Sarasocke 
My Gallery

jinky

I love the nexus I got for a month or so back. Use it to show images to potential clients and works well but just no good for what you want carol. Trouble is netbooks are being phased out so far as I can see and its getting the speed / capacity for editing etc. I never edit on a laptop as too many variables for me. I`d be looking to bite the bullet and go for one of the ultrabooks for what you want but it will cost more.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.