• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 175
  • Total: 175
If you would like to make a donation to help with the running costs of the site, then a donation button has been added to the bottom of the page.  Thanks.
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Open Garden Squares Weekend: London 12/13 June

Started by Eileen, June 04, 2010, 04:15:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eileen

http://www.opensquares.org/en/index.html

Hi all,

I wondered if anyone was interested in meeting up to look at some of London's gardens and maybe take a few snaps into the bargain? I've pasted in a link above. I am thinking this year of going to the Kensington/Mayfair area. I particularly want to see the roof garden in Kensington High Street. It's only open between 8 and 11am on the Sunday morning which may be too early for those who have to travel a distance, but there are a good number of other nice gardens in the and I reckon enough to keep us going until early afternoon.

I'm off very shortly to Kefalonia  :dance: so won't be keeping up with the threads much over the next few days. I'll be back late Wednesday and, if people are interested, will post a suggested itinerary on Wednesday or Thursday.   :)

picsfor

as you know - you can count me in.
Have a great wedding and hopefully we'll get to see some fo the great pictures you've taken

irv_b

This quite takes my fancy (gotta learn how to take those flower pics properly ) and who better to learn from  :)
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

picsfor

funny thing is Irv - whilst it is a garden weekend, you'd be surprised what else you can see that takes your fancy

Sandy

Hi

I hope the wedding goes well and Iam sure you will get brilliant photos. The Pentax group are at Dover Castle on that Sunday so at the moment Iam hoping to meet up with them.

Sandy

picsfor

Suspect Dover Castle will be an equally great venue...

And no tube lines out of commission for engineering works like last year  :(

Suspect you'll get some great shots for the club...

Sandy

Hi

I look forward to either trip on Sunday, this week I went to the jousting at Leeds Castle. It was very good and I might have got a couple of images for next season

Sandy

irv_b

I may have to drop out due to having work on sunday (which I had forgotten all about) from 1pm in Victoria, unless we are starting early
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

picsfor

That would be a shame Irv. You would have enjoyed it.
Though i note that Eileen wants to do the 8am to 11am section first - so you could make that part of it. Bite to eat and off to work?
Mayfair/ Kensington - not that far from i know  :tup:

Eileen

I was thinking of starting early on Sunday to see the Roof Garden. I'll probably have to leave early afternoon anyway, to continue processing wedding pictures. I will post a suggested itinerary tomorrow evening (I'm just back from Kefalonia, and tired after a long journey and busy few days).  The wedding and picture-taking went well, by the way, but not without a few dramas on the way...  ;) I'll post a few snaps and tell the story by the weekend.

Eileen

OK, here's a rough outline of options for the day. If anyone who wants to come along can let me know when you can get to the area I'll give a more detailed outline with some possible meeting places and times. I can't post links to every garden but if you use the general link to the open gardens organisation below you can see each of the gardens I mention.

I think the day need to start with the Roof Garden - arriving any time before 10 to get the most of it, if that's possible for you. After that we could look at nearby Iverna Court, then move on to the Sloane Square area, which will be handy for Irv's work, and which has some very nice squares, with some offering cakes and lunch. In that area we could tackle Cadogan Place and Square, Belgrave Square and Wilton Crescent. All of these are interesting gardens with a good range of plants and interesting architecture.

Hope to see a few of you on Sunday.  The weather forecast looks good for the day. :)

http://www.opensquares.org/

picsfor

count me in - just tell me where and when to meet...

Eileen

Look forward to seeing you. How early do you want to meet - is 9am OK or too early for you?

picsfor

and i was thinking you wanted to do an 8am start  :tup:

9am is fine, but happy to be there earlier if you want.

Eileen

You're travelling further than me so I didn't want to make it too early. I can get to Victoria for 8.40 quite comfortably - does that work for you?

Hopefully Irv may be able to join us for a few hours.

Have you decided between us and Dover Castle Sandy? It would be nice to see you though I can understand the attraction of the castle.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.