• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 136
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 124
  • Total: 124
millets
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Your ROOM 101

Started by krennon, June 10, 2012, 06:21:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

krennon

Caught a repeat the other day of Room 101 with Frank Skinner and it got me thinking what would I put in my room 101

So here's mine

1/ Drivers who use handheld mobile phones while driving.

2/ Rudeness....you can be angry you can be upset you can be annoyed but there is no excuse for rudeness.

3/The shopper shufflers...you know the ones I mean, people who seem to fall into a zombie like state when in a high street and are incapable of walking at a decent pace and then when you decide you're going to "overtake" them they swerve in front of you

These do change from time to time with the exception of No. 1.  so what would you put in your ROOM 101
http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithfransella/

"Everything in moderation including moderation" Oscar Wilde

Reinardina

What I would put in room 101?  Loads of things, but your remark about shuffling shoppers (I hate them too) immediately brought the 'stopping/blocking shoppers' to mind.

1. You know the ones: they congregate in shop doorways, or just inside shops in narrow isles, and prevent anyone from coming or going without having to contort themselves.

2. I also hate the internet 'greats,' that try to get hold of all sort of personal information.

I'll add more when I think of them.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

ABERS

Worse than Shopping Shufflers are the ones that you follow up the escalator and when they get to the top they remain stationary wondering whether to turn left or right and everbody behind them bump into one another. :uglystupid2:

Hinfrance

As it is always a good idea to keep politics and religion out of this sort of discussion there's not whole lot left. But I can share some minor irritations;

Why is it that it is impossible to buy reasonably priced picture frames that match standard print dimensions?

Why is there always one person in the Eurotunnel border control queue who thought it was a really cool idea to pack their passports first and then stuff the luggage area to the gunnels so that they have to unpack the entire vehicle to find them? And why don't they even start to look for them until they are sitting next to the customs booth?
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

jinky

Ditto re: picture frames H  >:(

Based just on my return to the gym for an hour today after 2 months out:
1. People who straddle two parking spaces in an otherwise full car park!
2. People who swim in pairs in the pool , pausing to stand and chat without warning in front of you when you have already slowed to their crawls pace!
3. Faster swimmers who decide to swim diagonally across the pool and do the crawl , head down and oblivious to who they kick!
4. People who go into the sauna as a group of friends that fill up the bottom tier benches but make no effort to let you access the available upper ones and then chat to each other as they leave with the door open allowing the room to lose all heat.
5. Men who think it is OK to do that great hacking, productive cough in the shower cubicle next door and up stream  of you and the drainssomehow thinking it is OK!
6. Starbucks who not content wit taking over the world have now moved in on my gym and charge twice as much for inferior products!
7. Bus drivers  who toot at you when you have noted the bus lane ends at 9.30 am and it is now 9.32 giving you entitlement to go in it!

Shall I go on.......
It`s great relaxation to start the day with a swim and sauna visit  ::)

michaelb104

This was just too good an opportunity to pass up...........

People who sit in the middle lane on motorways when not overtaking anything

Van drivers who sit in the outside lane on motorways but cannot keep up with the flow of traffic

Parents who think it's fine to let their 6 year old push the supermarket trolley on a Saturday and then get upset when I run said 6 year old over with my supermarket trolley – just to clarify, it is a supermarket not a play park.

The damn dog that keeps peeing on my front lawn and killing patches of grass............

PPI calls

The 'I'm owed £3500 for the accident I had' text messages

The bloke from BT that keeps ringing me up and telling me that he can do up to 80meg broadband and beat the price of Virgins 60meg broadband but currently BT have no plans to cable my village??
Mike

My Flickr   .   My Fluidr

Reinardina

As a non driver, I'm spared the highway abusers, thank goodness.

Well, not all of them: Some delight in racing through puddles, which at the moment are more like in shore lakes, and laugh at pedestrians getting soaked.

ABERS

I'm warming to this!

- Young mothers in large 4X4's having just dropped Justin and Samantha off at the creche, meeting at the local coffee shop and struggling to park said large 4X4 holding up other traffic for an eternity in the parking lot.

- The sale assistant in the corner shop who can't work out the change from £1 for something costing 55p, not just once, but every day!

- The same said assistant denigrating the English football team as no-hopers and hooligans whilst pausing from reading the Sun.

-People who sail through the shop door that you've held open for them without a word of acknowledgement or thanks.

and finally (for today at least)

- photographers that think it's 'cool' to expose to the public at large the bewildered, the unfortunate, the sick and the lame along with a diatribe about their unfortunate circumstances.  >:(

krennon

Parents who think it is perfectly acceptable to allow their child age range 4 to 14 to STAND UP in a supermarket trolley....had the unfortunate experience of going to me localish Asda the other week and turned the corner of the aisle and bashed into a trolley i didn't know was there and the kid who was standing up fell over....and I got the look from the parent like it was my fault....IF YOU'RE CHILD GETS INJURED BECAUSE YOU ARE STUPID AND IRRESPONSIBLE ENOUGH TO LET THEM STAND UP IN A TROLLEY IT IS YOUR FAULT AND NO-ONE ELSES....

Idiots in cars that think it's fun to drive through puddles and try and soak people who are walking to work/waiting for the bus...no it wasn't me that was at the bust stop I was on the other side of the road walking to work but it was a deliberate attempt by the driver either that or he was p****d cos he had to swerve over to the other side of the road to the puddle where the bus stop is and people were waiting a***hole

Hinfrance

Re your supermarket issue Keith, I had a toddler run into my trolley once - he was doing that normal toddler thing of charging around and not looking where he was running. He hit the deck, and then his mother turned around and started swearing at me. She was so incensed that she actually lost her balance and fell over herself trying to 'rescue' her little darling. I offered my hand to help her up, but she kept up her stream of abuse. Even though she hadn't a) had control of her child and b) seen the collision. Makes you proud to be human.

OK more offers:
1. Bus Lanes. The best way to reduce the carrying capacity of a road by at least a third. Totally nuts, environmentally as well as economically.
2. Rain. Should only be allowed overnight during the summer months
3. Tablet Computers. I have had one for more two months now, and I still can't work out what the hell they're actually FOR (but at least mine has an HDMI output). They don't do much more (if anything) than a 'phone*, but are too big for a shirt pocket and they are vastly less capable at everything than a laptop/netbook more or less the same size that costs the same or often loads less. And you have to keep cleaning the finger prints off of the screen. Steve Jobs was right when he said they were just toys. If they can't go in Room 101, then they at least belong in the K-Tel cupboard under the sink.

*No wonder Notes™ are flying off the shelves.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Reinardina

One of my husband's favourite hates:

People, often old ladies, who insist on packing everything in their shopping bags, before they even start looking for their purse.
Some then start rummaging, because they may have the right amount in coins. And seldom do.

Beaux Reflets

Folk who block up the 10 item isle with an over flowing trolley and are so impolite to the elderly and frail patiently waiting on wobbly legs to pay for their single loaf of bread. (Although handing them a video to play when they are old and frail may be better than banishment)
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Hinfrance

Quote from: Reinardina on June 12, 2012, 11:16:41 AM
One of my husband's favourite hates:

People, often old ladies, who insist on packing everything in their shopping bags, before they even start looking for their purse.
Some then start rummaging, because they may have the right amount in coins. And seldom do.

Oh yes! It's like 'do I really have to pay for this? Oh, I hadn't thought of that'. And they often combine this behaviour with Andy's 10 item queue gripe.

and . .

Cyclists who think red traffic lights apply to everyone else but them.
Pedestrians who see the 'don't walk' sign on at traffic lights and only read the 'walk' bit.

I'm sure more things will come to me. I am, after all, a grumpy old so and so as well as a bit of a dinosaur.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Oldboy

Young mums with pushchairs who think everyone should give way to them all the time.

Bus drivers who lack any awareness of public service, will stop the bus anywhere to have a chat on phone or read the paper. Who regard the timetable as not relevant and will run ten minutes early or ten minutes late.

But the thing that really gets me hot under the collar is bad manners in all walks of life. This includes ladies who sail through a door held open for them without saying thankyou, drivers who regard amber lights as a speed up sign to jump the red lights, drivers who edge forward whilst the green crossing man is on for pedestrians, drivers who regard the red light on a pedestrians crossing as not a requirement to stop, drivers who park all over the pavement forcing people on foot to walk in the road.....I could go on but due to a heart attack must stop now!  >:(

krennon

Jimmy Carr

Cyclists who think because it't the longest day they can ride around without lights at 10:30 at night

Rude people (all of them)  :knuppel2:

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.