• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,414
  • Total Topics: 5,707
  • Online today: 98
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 63
  • Total: 63
bhphotovideo
Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...

What made you feel good today

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 10:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anglefire

They have tightened the pro class for free entry - which is a shame in some ways as I got into Focus for free - and I do actually do some commercial photography and for work - many shots are published in our company magazine.

So at £14 for advanced entry (Plus £10 parking if you don't get a lift like I did!) is a little steep - especially when some of the "shows" are extra cost!

Having said that, quite a few of the demo's you could have a go as well, which I don't particularly recall at Focus, so that was quote good.

I went with the idea of getting the lens if it was discounted, but if I'm honest didn't expect it to be £300.
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

jinky

All weekend actually! Wedding of my first born Katie! So lovely and I was able to shoot some of it thanks to a local photographer(shooting same gear) being willing to shoot groomsmen / preps / the service / speeches and other bits where I was front of camera and is willing to give me the raw files to edit alongside my own shots. Of course the Facebook North East Pros group told me not to be stupid and don`t shoot it , giving me quotes to do it for me when I asked advice and others said don`t. Yes it was stressful on a couple of occasions and doing a 45 minute photobooth set up was maybe a step too far but being there shooting the preps to see my daughter transform into the most radiant and beautiful bride ever (yes ever !) was a time I will never forget even if it was hard to shoot through the tears at times. Of course being me I still hit problems - not in the photography but walking and giving the speech. Just about got away with the wrong leg first walking  and almost tripped her up as she moved forward to sign the register (very tight spaced room) and my speech got the required laugh hits just about but so nervous!

Sandy

It sounds a good weekend and you will have great photos well done

ABERS

Popped in to the annual club exhibition yesterday morning (the first opportunity since the opening last Wednesday) and on the shop table was a book I'd been looking for for ages. B+W printing by Larry Bartlett, a man who was the top of his profession as a Fleet Street news printer, many time Ilford B+W Printer of the Year, the first man to gain an RPS Fellowship for Printing.

I met him on several occasions and he was so modest and free with his help. The book now takes pride of place amongst my photographic collection.

If anyone wants to see what club photography is all about some 50+ members have panels within the exhibition covering all genres of photography. The club liaises with a local school who has photography on its curriculum and there are ten panels from pupils doing GCSE O and A levels in the subject. Some quite stunning work is displayed and it gives the pupils a great thrill seeing their images displayed to the public.

Oldboy

Quote from: jinky on March 30, 2015, 07:58:41 AM
All weekend actually! Wedding of my first born Katie! So lovely and I was able to shoot some of it thanks to a local photographer(shooting same gear) being willing to shoot groomsmen / preps / the service / speeches and other bits where I was front of camera and is willing to give me the raw files to edit alongside my own shots. Of course the Facebook North East Pros group told me not to be stupid and don`t shoot it , giving me quotes to do it for me when I asked advice and others said don`t. Yes it was stressful on a couple of occasions and doing a 45 minute photobooth set up was maybe a step too far but being there shooting the preps to see my daughter transform into the most radiant and beautiful bride ever (yes ever !) was a time I will never forget even if it was hard to shoot through the tears at times. Of course being me I still hit problems - not in the photography but walking and giving the speech. Just about got away with the wrong leg first walking  and almost tripped her up as she moved forward to sign the register (very tight spaced room) and my speech got the required laugh hits just about but so nervous!

Well done jinky.  :tup:

It might have been stressful but, in years to come, you will be proud you did it.  8)

Sandy

congratulations in finding the book Alan. I have been to the exhibition twice and it is well worth a visit 

ABERS

Got an email telling me one of my prints is to be included in an exhibition at the RPS HQ in Bath during May.

The print 'The Tree On The Corner' has done well for me this past 12 months, receiving three judges medals, five exhibition acceptances a couple of highly commended and a page in the B+W magazine.

Oh! I nearly forgot 2 votes in a 'Trees' competition on CC. Just shows great oaks from little acorns grow, only in this case it is a silver birch.  ::)

Reinardina

I was going to say: "And it didn't do anything on CC," but I forgot the two votes.
Congratulations Alan.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

jinky

Quote from: Reinardina on March 31, 2015, 09:30:12 AM
I was going to say: "And it didn't do anything on CC," but I forgot the two votes.
Congratulations Alan.

Well done Abers. No-one ever said on here it wasn`t a good photo that merits it`s awards - just about being on theme in weekend comps. Lots of good photos fail to pick up votes - but we`re covering old ground   ;)

Weekend comp is neither here nor there. I am sure if it had been in a general album open for comment it would have got some comment - at least as much as any decent shots do(which again is not often  ;))

Reinardina

I think the lack of comments, is something we all regret, yet hardly anyone takes the trouble to change this.

Oldboy

Quote from: Reinardina on March 31, 2015, 10:53:45 AM
I think the lack of comments, is something we all regret, yet hardly anyone takes the trouble to change this.

All you need to do make a comment and others might start to do the same.  :tup:

Reinardina

Quote from: Oldboy on March 31, 2015, 07:36:48 PM
Quote from: Reinardina on March 31, 2015, 10:53:45 AM

All you need to do make a comment and others might start to do the same.  :tup:

Might is the word here. So far, there are only three or four people who regularly comment.

Sandy

Well done in getting a print in the exhibition at Bath great news

Beaux Reflets

WMmFGT; Green broccoli  :)  Having splashed out on a new fangled fridge that has a built in Blue LED light system which allows green vegtables to carry on with their photosynthesis process, I'm am very pleased to say it was money well spent.  :tup:  Less titbits for the goats  :D  :beer:
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

jinky

Officially closed my photography "business" on 4th April. Went out for a Vietnamese meal with friends we`d travelled there with in February to show them the photo album I`d made and pass on a dvd slideshow I `d put together. The owner asked to look at my shots and promptly asked me if I could sell her a couple to put on their walls. Now working out a price and possibilities. To avoid tax man complications I`ve suggested a trade for food basis as I love eating there.  :). Daft thing is she then showed me her civil wedding shots taken by a friend and has asked if I can supply any products using them. I`ve reserbed judgement until I see if he rfriend agrees and can supply the original images to see what i would be working with as the phone ones looked poor.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.