• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,414
  • Total Topics: 5,707
  • Online today: 98
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 73
  • Total: 73
  • Baidu
parkcameras
Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...

What made you feel good today

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 10:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skellum

I used to watch Palace when I lived in Croydon in the 80s. But not if Preston North End were playing in London.  :)

krennon

lots of changes afoot at the co where i work all for the better, for sure there'll be some teething problems and it's going to be a bit of a slow process as there are about 70 staff to get trained up to be able to take all calls and streamline our processes but the co is also thinking of bringing in things like real-time webchat, client portals for clients to use android/i-thingys and pcs to communicate with us as well good old fashioned telephones,
We had a big meeting about it today and individual one-to-ones start tomorrow but no redundancies if anything there will be an increase in headcount to help ease the pressure...possibilities of promotion (discussing that with my boss tomorrow to see if it's worth me going for but not sure I want the extra pressure at this time) so a good day at work feeling very positive at the mo long may it continue.. :tup: ;D
http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithfransella/

"Everything in moderation including moderation" Oscar Wilde

Reinardina

Good to hear such positive news!

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Oldboy

Hinfrance

How's it going Keith?

I feel pride today. Last evening we went to the parents' evening at our daughter's school. She is just twelve and in her first year of secondary school/college. Every teacher said that she was exceptional, the kind of pupil they get once in a career.

She is top of her year, but on top of that they say how kind, polite and helpful she is. There must be something in the French psyche that doesn't hate geeks, because she is so serious and so fired up to be first in everything that if she was in the UK I feel sure she would be ostracised, but here she has loads of friends and is very popular - almost every weeekend is taken up with shuttling to and fro to parties and sleepovers.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Reinardina

Quote from: Hinfrance on February 22, 2013, 07:03:17 PM
How's it going Keith?

I feel pride today. Last evening we went to the parents' evening at our daughter's school. She is just twelve and in her first year of secondary school/college. Every teacher said that she was exceptional, the kind of pupil they get once in a career.

She is top of her year, but on top of that they say how kind, polite and helpful she is. There must be something in the French psyche that doesn't hate geeks, because she is so serious and so fired up to be first in everything that if she was in the UK I feel sure she would be ostracised, but here she has loads of friends and is very popular - almost every weeekend is taken up with shuttling to and fro to parties and sleepovers.

You have every right to be proud!

If you lived in England, you'd have to find her a private school, or she'd be bullied.

Beaux Reflets

Experienced, experiencing similar with our children Howard - Moving to France was a good move for them and I have no regrets :tup:
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Matthew

Quote from: Reinardina on February 22, 2013, 08:32:21 PM
How's it going Keith?

If you lived in England, you'd have to find her a private school, or she'd be bullied.

Very true, Reinardina. I was bright at school, always wore my uniform, was interested in the sciences. Out of school I would build all sorts of inventions and contraptions using old motors/circuit boards/batteries, lights and bulbs.

I was wanting a career in Biochemistry, but I was slowly being beaten down.....literally.....alas the green eyed monster presents itself more viciously in children than adults.....8yrs of it in fact. Never did get to University.

Oddly enough though my "experiences" made me want to join the Military...applied for the RAF....had a very short spell in the Territorials (didn't get on with the Corporal).....but my hobby of building contraptions set me up for a career in mending things, so not all bad, but I do often think "what if".........
Never argue with a stupid person, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Reinardina

Quote from: highlandscenics on February 22, 2013, 10:01:04 PM
Quote from: Reinardina on February 22, 2013, 08:32:21 PM
How's it going Keith?

Very true, Reinardina. I was bright at school, always wore my uniform, was interested in the sciences. Out of school I would build all sorts of inventions and contraptions using old motors/circuit boards/batteries, lights and bulbs.

I was wanting a career in Biochemistry, but I was slowly being beaten down.....literally.....alas the green eyed monster presents itself more viciously in children than adults.....8yrs of it in fact. Never did get to University.

Oddly enough though my "experiences" made me want to join the Military...applied for the RAF....had a very short spell in the Territorials (didn't get on with the Corporal).....but my hobby of building contraptions set me up for a career in mending things, so not all bad, but I do often think "what if".........

Sorry to hear that Matthew.
When I went to school in Holland, there was no bullying that I can remember. There was name calling, but only if children had fallen out. It was quickly forgotten when things were patched up again. But that was ages ago. I think things have changed there too, especially in the big cities.

At least you found your way, and do something you enjoy. And the 'what if' is something we all have to live with at times!

Jediboy

I managed to get out today to watch the Saints (Rugby team) and not only did they win, they scored 6 tries.
I'm happy now.  :)
May the Force be with you.

Chris

Markulous

Initially, I thought 'Ah, I must go and see them soon' and then realised you meant the Union Saints and not the League Saints (principally as St Helens lost on Friday!)
Whatever and ever. Amen
http://smg.photobucket.com/home/Markulous/index
Mark @ Photobucket

Reinardina

Local football team (Southampton) is called Saints too. They're not doing well at the mo, so Hooray for Saints that deliver!

Jediboy

I should have clarified - Northampton Saints rugby union.
The best Saints - sometimes.  ;)
May the Force be with you.

Chris

Reinardina

Why would anyone, ever, have thought 'Saints' a good name for a sports team?

They may have been more innocent in the past, but this day and age 'Sinners' seems more apt.

donoreo

Quote from: Reinardina on March 03, 2013, 11:39:22 AM
Why would anyone, ever, have thought 'Saints' a good name for a sports team?

They may have been more innocent in the past, but this day and age 'Sinners' seems more apt.
It does seem odd.  Like the New Orleans Saints in American football.   Maybe there will be a movement to get them to change.  Over the last decade or more there has been many team change names from anything offensive.  Lots of high school teams and college teams in the US used to have names like Indians, Warriors, Chiefs, etc.  Those are all pretty much gone now so as to not offend.   They have been many asking for the Washington Redskins (football),  Cleveland Indians and Atlanta Braves (baseball) to change their names.   It is a big deal for a professional team to change.  Luckily we do not have that problem here with our professional teams: Blue Jays (baseball), Maple Leafs (hockey, Toronto FC (football club - soccer), Rock (lacrosse) and Argos (technically Argonauts, but they started as members of the Toronto Argonaut rowing club when founded in 1873 - Canadian football)

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.