• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,414
  • Total Topics: 5,707
  • Online today: 85
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 55
  • Total: 55
7ds
Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...

What made you feel good today

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 10:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

donoreo

Quote from: highlandscenics on January 28, 2013, 09:13:09 PM
Quote from: Reinardina on January 28, 2013, 08:47:16 PM
You probably ended up with a counterfeit pound coin. There are a lot of those around, people do not see the difference, but machines do!

I thought that after, but I was in another car park shortly after and it worked in that machine.....phew!
Is it not a lot of hassle to counterfeit coins?  We have the problem over here that the mint has changed to composition of a lot of coins so some machines will not take new coins.  They change it to make them cheaper to make to save money but it is a pain at times. 

Graham

Quote from: donoreo on January 29, 2013, 11:58:39 AM
Quote from: highlandscenics on January 28, 2013, 09:13:09 PM
Quote from: Reinardina on January 28, 2013, 08:47:16 PM
You probably ended up with a counterfeit pound coin. There are a lot of those around, people do not see the difference, but machines do!

I thought that after, but I was in another car park shortly after and it worked in that machine.....phew!
Is it not a lot of hassle to counterfeit coins?  We have the problem over here that the mint has changed to composition of a lot of coins so some machines will not take new coins.  They change it to make them cheaper to make to save money but it is a pain at times.

I have noticed that the new (last few years) UK "Copper" coins are magnetic!  ???
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

donoreo

We are not going to have "copper" coins anymore.  The penny is being discontinued.  It actually costs more than a penny to make. 

jinky

After swearing I wouldn`t go into any more competitions after the aggro I got from the online troll a couple of years back it was nice winning the Nikon UK facebook competition a few weeks back. Decided to try another and have just been shortlisted in the top 5 by judges for the Nikon In Frame monthly comp - trying to win a Nikon 50mm 1.4 lens. Unfortunately it is now a public vote amongst the top 5 to see who wins - hate voting stuff based on number of contacts and would prefer a purely judged one. That said wouldn`t mind winning the lens and you could win a Nikon Coolpix S9300 just by voting.

If you can bring yourself to do it I`d love some extra support if you could find it in you to visit the page and vote for me. Now I know in my heart it`s not the best shot there - in fact it`s not the best of the 3 I entered in my mind - but would be grateful for any votes coming my way if you could do so. Don`t forget to tick the box so as not to get the newsletter - they ask for email addresses to stop multiple voting and as anti-spam.

Vote here if you can please and thanks ;)
http://inframe.nikoncompetition.co.uk/Vote.aspx?id=04&country=uk 
Please try not to vote for anyone else  :-[

Evidently there ios a fault on the site since I posted this so drop in there later today if you can / want to. It`s another of my snow scenes for this year at Roundhay - seems Nikon like them  :)

skellum

Just gave you two votes. One from me and one from my Wife.  :tup:

jinky

Graham

Voted.  :tup:

For you by the way.
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

skellum

WMMFG    Just been asked to record a interview with Local Radio. They seem more interested in my Football / Sports photography but I should be able to plug my general business along the way.  :)

Hinfrance

Good luck with the interview Dave.

Paul, I've been and voted, but only because it is you!
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

jinky

Cheers Graham and H - good luck Dave. A tip - don`t have anything in your hand! The only radio interview I gave in a past job I had a ballpoint pen in my hand. Listening later the nerves made me click it constantly  :D

Oldboy

Quote from: jinky on January 31, 2013, 01:34:47 PM

Just voted.  :tup:

Didn't know you had been to Windsor but it's the best photo!  :P

jinky

Quote from: Oldboy on January 31, 2013, 06:10:18 PM
Quote from: jinky on January 31, 2013, 01:34:47 PM

Just voted.  :tup:

Didn't know you had been to Winsor but it's the best photo!  :P
I`ve not even been to Windsor ;)

Reinardina

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

jinky

Thanks all. ;)
Great day today. Blagged a press pass for Wetherby Races. Had to see the clerk of the course early on to be told the rules of engagement so took the spare time to do what I think is called a 4 horse accumulator thingy. I then went off shooting and out on the course you don`t even hear the results. A I made to leave I heard my 4th horse had won but at odds of only 12/5. Thought I`d check if I had a quid or two coming to be given £105 - only had three winners! If the 4th hadn`t been beaten by a neck at 7-1 I would have made serious money.

Even better got home to hear Newcastle had beaten Chelsea 3-2. Do days come any sweeter? :D

Will put some shots up when the clerk / magazine have seen them. It was great being able to get so close but I just did not have the nouse of where starts were for each race and best vantage points. The pros there seemed a bit static compared to me.

Lepach

Sorry, to all non football fans but it is Saturday after all. Just returned home after watching Crystal Palace dispatch Charlton to a 2 1 defeat. How sweet; the double this year; Home and Away. Bless those Charlton supporters returning home.
South London is ours, South London is ours.
Open the bottle mother.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.