• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,414
  • Total Topics: 5,707
  • Online today: 84
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 76
  • Total: 76
  • Google (AdSense)
Wish
Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...

What made you feel good today

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 10:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ABERS

Quote from: Reinardina on May 04, 2012, 10:44:23 PM
Quote from: ABERS on May 04, 2012, 10:40:43 PM
How I envy you Irv. Enjoy! :tup:

Is it too late for you to start again?

I used to have a 'cosy' little darkroom in the downstairs toilet with plenty of running water and a large belfast sink, ideal for washing prints, in the adjacent utilty room. It all worked like a dream with the garage as a drying room. We then lived in a three story town house and al this took place on the ground floor.

No such facilities where we live at the moment without some structural work and running pipework and drainage to one of the bedrooms. Never mind, I'll keep bashing away at the computer. :(

irv_b

Thanks guys! I may ask for hints or tips when I am trying out stuff!
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

Graham

Quote from: irv_b on May 05, 2012, 08:34:30 PM
Thanks guys! I may ask for hints or tips when I am trying out stuff!

Some hints and tips from memory.

1. When you've exposed , developed, stopped and fixed your print, you'll switch the white light on to assess the exposure. Always give your eyes a little while to get acustomed to the brightness, otherwise you will produce consistantly dark prints.

2. If you use fibre based paper, peg them back to back to reduce the "curling".

3. A bit of net over the enlarger lens produces an"interesting" difused effect.

4. Your red wine looks black under a safelight.

5. you may never see your wife and kids again.

Graham. :tup:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

ABERS

Look after your diet. I used to exist on Jacobs Cream Crackers. It was the only thing my wife could get under the darkroom door!  :legit:

Oh and allow about 5% less exposure than is indicated from your test strip for "drying in time".

ABERS

You may want to buy this Irv.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_nkw=larry%20bartlett&clk_rvr_id=339760756915&adpos=1t2&MT_ID=11&crlp=11163913357_2113181&tt_encode=raw&keyword=larry+bartlett&geo_id=32091

Larry Bartlett was one of, if not the top, B+W printer of his age. He worked in Fleet Street and won Ilford Printer of the Year several times. I met him on several occasions and got him to give talks at our club.

He commited suicide in 1995 aged 45 suffering from depression after Fleet St went digital.

jinky

Oldboy

Quote from: jinky on May 07, 2012, 04:47:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=316AzLYfAzw

Made me smile today - would love to do this on a quiet Sunday afternoon!

The picture of their faces - priceless.  :2funny: :2funny:

ABERS

Went into the garden today to do a bit of tidying up and spotted a gleam of gold behind a plant pot. Not daring to hope it might be what I hoped it was, I picked it up.

Some year or so ago I lost a signet ring that belonged to my father, the only thing that he left apart from a funeral bill. Having searched everywhere, even undoing U-bends under four sinks, I had given it up for lost.

But no, there it was and now it's back where it belongs.  :dance: :dance: :dance:

I can now leave it to my eldest grandson. No funeral bill attached. ;)

jinky

It`s official I am now an artist and not just a humble photographer  ;)
http://www.facebook.com/PhotographybyPaulDishman?sk=wall#!/photo.php?fbid=424724834212288&set=a.424724787545626.104134.246759502008823&type=1&theater
Battled in against illness to put my 10 images on display and must admit I was quite impressed by the work of the other "artists". Some interesting techniques and display styles that made my humble 8x 6 black and white street images stuck on two rows of pews look a little tame. Still I was quite pleased with them.
None on here near Leeds I think but i`ll share some images of the opening night maybe which is on Friday.

skellum

Quote from: jinky on May 08, 2012, 02:47:30 PM
http://www.facebook.com/PhotographybyPaulDishman?sk=wall#!/photo.php?fbid=424724834212288&set=a.424724787545626.104134.246759502008823&type=1&theater
Battled in against illness to put my 10 images on display and must admit I was quite impressed by the work of the other "artists". Some interesting techniques and display styles that made my humble 8x 6 black and white street images stuck on two rows of pews look a little tame. Still I was quite pleased with them.
None on here near Leeds I think but i`ll share some images of the opening night maybe which is on Friday.

Well Done  :tup:  You will find it interesting when people are viewing your pictures to stand aside and listen to what is being said.
Have you thought of trying for LRPS yet ?

Hinfrance

Quote from: ABERS on May 08, 2012, 12:58:51 PM
Went into the garden today to do a bit of tidying up and spotted a gleam of gold behind a plant pot. Not daring to hope it might be what I hoped it was, I picked it up.

Some year or so ago I lost a signet ring that belonged to my father, the only thing that he left apart from a funeral bill. Having searched everywhere, even undoing U-bends under four sinks, I had given it up for lost.

But no, there it was and now it's back where it belongs.  :dance: :dance: :dance:

Now that is a result. Not the funeral bill bit, the finding the ring bit.

When my father died my stepmother send me some of his things; the only trouble was someone at UPS decided that the box was worth opening and nicked quite a few things (not his medals, thankfully). There was no compensation because she'd sent one of her dozy daughters to post it and she'd put 'books and papers' on the manifest to keep the cost down. I guess it was the sound of the silverware rattling around in the badly packed box that alerted the light fingered UPS employee to the possibility of the car boot sale bounty within. B*st*rds
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Graham

Quote from: ABERS on May 08, 2012, 12:58:51 PM

There should be a special word for the kind of unadulterated joy you feel when you find something you thought was lost forever.
                                      :tup: :beer: :dance: Graham.
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

donoreo

This was actually two days ago.  On Sunday the girls had a birthday party to go to.  After that they went and met with another friend of theirs and played for a few hours.   I used this time to cut the grass, kill some weeds and then I went out to do some photos.    When they were coming home I am told that they said "We should go to the park with Daddy, he has not had much time to play with us today".    They are 5, but very thoughtful. 

So when I got home they actually told me to go upstairs to my room and lay down.   Alright, cannot argue with that :)  They proceeded to jump up and down on the bed being fuelled with pizza, cake  and ice cream from the party.   

Reinardina

Quote from: donoreo on May 08, 2012, 07:23:38 PM
This was actually two days ago.  On Sunday the girls had a birthday party to go to.  After that they went and met with another friend of theirs and played for a few hours.   I used this time to cut the grass, kill some weeds and then I went out to do some photos.    When they were coming home I am told that they said "We should go to the park with Daddy, he has not had much time to play with us today".    They are 5, but very thoughtful. 

So when I got home they actually told me to go upstairs to my room and lay down.   Alright, cannot argue with that :)  They proceeded to jump up and down on the bed being fuelled with pizza, cake  and ice cream from the party.   

Daughters and daddies, always a good combination. My dad had two daughters too, only with a 2 year age gap.

I had a very good day today. For a start it did not rain, and in the afternoon it was even sunny!

I literally 'went to town' this morning to look for dereliction for my next project. (I am being taken 'through my paces,' with a series of projects.) While out there, I also looked for signs of spring, for the spring competition. (Please remember to take part!)
I found plenty, and I found my possible entry for the weekly comp as well! Love. Great big love.

I am now left with at least a hundred photos to sift through to find suitable dereliction.
So I'd better get started!

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Oldboy

Quote from: jinky on May 08, 2012, 02:47:30 PM

Aren't actors, who rest between jobs, called artists?  :P

Well done Jinky.  :tup: Just think the other artists are looking at your photos and thinking, "God, I wish mine were as good as that".  :tup:

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.