• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,414
  • Total Topics: 5,707
  • Online today: 98
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 64
  • Total: 64
  • Baidu
Wish
Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...

What made you feel good today

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 10:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldboy

Quote from: jimthetrain on July 11, 2011, 10:00:07 PM
Watched my 16yr old son play cricket for south west Lancashire at St Annes CC today in a three day festival where the winning team in the group plays the other group winners in a final at Old Trafford. They won the first game,(he got two wickets) so one down two to go. Play game two tomorrow at Leigh CC near Wigan and then game three on Wednesday at Wigan CC. Heres hoping for a day out at Old Trafford cricket ground in August.  :dance:

Your chest filled with pride.  ;D Good luck with the other two games.  :tup:

krennon

Just got back from an interview, not sure how it went as the interviewer gave nothing away, and if I get through this one I have to go through  a 2nd interview so fingers crossed......but I think it went ok, didn't stumble to much a couple of q's I had to think and answer fast but I think I did reasonably well....got another interview tomorrow at 10:00am for a different company....hopefully I'll get one of them. Just pleased I got an interview tbh.....
http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithfransella/

"Everything in moderation including moderation" Oscar Wilde

Oldboy

Quote from: krennon on July 13, 2011, 02:35:13 PM
Just got back from an interview, not sure how it went as the interviewer gave nothing away, and if I get through this one I have to go through  a 2nd interview so fingers crossed......but I think it went ok, didn't stumble to much a couple of q's I had to think and answer fast but I think I did reasonably well....got another interview tomorrow at 10:00am for a different company....hopefully I'll get one of them. Just pleased I got an interview tbh.....

:tup: :tup:

jimthetrain

Quote from: Oldboy on July 11, 2011, 10:13:24 PM
Quote from: jimthetrain on July 11, 2011, 10:00:07 PM
Watched my 16yr old son play cricket for south west Lancashire at St Annes CC today in a three day festival where the winning team in the group plays the other group winners in a final at Old Trafford. They won the first game,(he got two wickets) so one down two to go. Play game two tomorrow at Leigh CC near Wigan and then game three on Wednesday at Wigan CC. Heres hoping for a day out at Old Trafford cricket ground in August.  :dance:

Your chest filled with pride.  ;D Good luck with the other two games.  :tup:

Cheers Oldboy.

They won their game on Tuesday aswell but don't know about this afternoons game as he wasn't playing. (can only play two games if you are a fast bowler, ECB rules). But winning yesterday meant that they can't be caught so Old Trafford here we come.  :dance:

Oops forgot to mention he got three wickets yesterday.  8)
BOOZE!!! Helping ugly people have sex.

Oldboy

Well done. Sounds like a grand day out then.  :tup:

krennon

JUST GOT A CALL FROM THE AGENCY

I GOT A JOB  :tup: :beer: :dance:

Went for the interview this morning, it's a long term contract with a possibility of turning into a permanent position depending on my perfomance.....it's less money than I was on previously but it's walking distance from home subsidised gym membership  :legit: and is a really good company to get into so I am well chuffed, off the unemployed list and back into work, doesn't start until the 1st August so I've got two weeks of R&R and then into the job...
I am soooooooo pleased hated the thought of being unemployed and flipping burgers in Maccyd's was looming
http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithfransella/

"Everything in moderation including moderation" Oscar Wilde

ABERS

Jonathan

It's Guest's round

picsfor

Yes, excellent news Keith. Hope you still have some of that redundancy money left - that would really make it a great day  :tup: :beer:

As for what cheered me up, not nearly as good as Keith's - but i finally got round to submitting my first image for the local tog club comp.
Getting a hold back for further viewing and a high score suits me a treat, especially when my score ended up being 7th best out of 40 entries. For a first go - i'm pleased.

Oldboy

Quote from: krennon on July 14, 2011, 05:38:47 PM
JUST GOT A CALL FROM THE AGENCY

I GOT A JOB  :tup: :beer: :dance:

Went for the interview this morning, it's a long term contract with a possibility of turning into a permanent position depending on my perfomance.....it's less money than I was on previously but it's walking distance from home subsidised gym membership  :legit: and is a really good company to get into so I am well chuffed, off the unemployed list and back into work, doesn't start until the 1st August so I've got two weeks of R&R and then into the job...
I am soooooooo pleased hated the thought of being unemployed and flipping burgers in Maccyd's was looming

Well done Keith.  :tup: :beer:

Quote from: picsfor on July 14, 2011, 07:56:08 PM
As for what cheered me up, not nearly as good as Keith's - but i finally got round to submitting my first image for the local tog club comp.
Getting a hold back for further viewing and a high score suits me a treat, especially when my score ended up being 7th best out of 40 entries. For a first go - i'm pleased.

Another excuse for a beer! Well done.  :beer:

minky_monkey

Nice one Keith! 

Sitting around at home drives me bonkers, just can't do it.

In other news, I'm off to Lancashire for the weekend to see some guitarist buddies, so thought I'd extend it and go for a look around the Peak District whilst I'm there.

skellum

There is no Peak District in Lancashire not that we know of anyway don't you mean Derbyshire.   Well done on getting a job Keith  :tup:

picsfor

Quote from: Dave on July 14, 2011, 09:56:40 PM
There is no Peak District in Lancashire not that we know of anyway don't you mean Derbyshire.   Well done on getting a job Keith  :tup:

Maybe he means the Pennines...

But the real question is - why would you want to venture out of Lancashire if you're visiting with a camera?

Oldboy

Quote from: minky_monkey on July 14, 2011, 09:27:32 PM

In other news, I'm off to Lancashire for the weekend to see some guitarist buddies, so thought I'd extend it and go for a look around the Peak District whilst I'm there.

You haven't seen the weather forecast for the weekend then?  :'(

minky_monkey

Lancashire, Derbyshire, it's all norf of Watford innit....

;D :2funny:

I'm going to Ramsbottom for  :beer: :beer: :beer:, but on the way back will head for the Peak District.

And yes, I have seen the forecast and have been reliably informed that that is normal.... :uglystupid2: ::)

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.