• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,414
  • Total Topics: 5,707
  • Online today: 98
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 66
  • Total: 66
  • Google
photobox
Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...

What made you feel good today

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 10:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irv_b

Thank you everyone for all your kind words.
It still feels raw but I know it will get easier in time, it's just that I have a empty feeling inside especially when my mind isn't occupied. We are going to have a family get together again soon, just  for a chat, which hopefully will ease some pain for all of us.
Once again thanks for your condolesences
Irv
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

spinner

Had to go up to the art wholesaler who I'm contracted with to sell several of my flower shots, to renew the contract. Was looking around their display area when I happened upon a canvas print that looked very familiar. After we'd signed the new contracts I said to the company rep. "that looks like one of mine" and she said "why yes it is". They have some pretty nice stuff hanging in that lobby so I'm quite pleased to be their company.
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

krennon

IRV sorry for your loss but as said your family are there for you and you sound like a strong family hang in there, and try and pick up your camera again, I am sure your dad wouldn't want you to give up (I know mine wouldn't)

Spinner that is great news big congrats on the canvas and your work being on display....

WMMFGT....went to Yarlington House for the weekend with the mrs and a couple of friends (we go away with them every May bank hols)...The yurt was SUPERB exceeded our expectations on several counts.......There was the main yurt with a bed in it then a separate "pod" with 2 single beds....then a second yurt housed at one end the shower and sink, then with some judicious use of some 2x4 and a few sheets of ply in the other end a proper little kitchen area with a sink, a gas hob, a fridge and  a table and four chairs and it was fully equipped.....a bbq was provided outside on a little patio area and the toilet was a compost toilet called a thunderbox (http://www.thunderboxes2go.co.uk/) my only criticism of that would be that it would have been nice to have a sink in there to wash hands rather than having to come  out and walk across to use either the kitchen sink or the sink in the shower area, they did provide alcohol anti-bac hand cleanser but my wife can't use it due to sensitive skin...but a superb weekend was had and this despite the slave cylinder going on the hydraulic clutch on the maverick (a ford badged nissan terrano) so we were stuck in the house grounds on a grey overcast sunday and had to be bought home by flatbed truck yesterday, just off to get the cylinder done now....photos of yurt to be posted soon hopefully......
http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithfransella/

"Everything in moderation including moderation" Oscar Wilde

Oldboy

Quote from: spinner on May 31, 2011, 12:21:40 AM
Had to go up to the art wholesaler who I'm contracted with to sell several of my flower shots, to renew the contract. Was looking around their display area when I happened upon a canvas print that looked very familiar. After we'd signed the new contracts I said to the company rep. "that looks like one of mine" and she said "why yes it is". They have some pretty nice stuff hanging in that lobby so I'm quite pleased to be their company.

That must have made your chest expand with pride.  :tup:

krennon

OK couldn't get the car started this morning to take it to be fixed sooooo, phoned a friend (yep I have got some actually he's my best mate) he came over had a look, went yep we can fix that phone up Camberley Autos, they got the part (clutch slave assembly) this afternoon, went and got it, my mate fitted it while I pumped the clutch to bleed it through, and hey presto.....IT WORKS AGAIN  :tup: :dance: so now I can drive it to the garage tomorrow to get it MOT's and hopefully it will get through.
IF it gets through without any problems then we have saved ourselves about £100.00 in labour charges on fixing the slave assembly ourselves so fingers x'd for tomorrow, as me and the mrs are off to Somerset on Monday for a few days in a cottage going to Longleat and some National Trust places, and can't wait but the less money we have to spend on the car the more we will have to enjoy ourselves next week...
Oh and posted some pics of the Yurt just so you can all see what I've been banging on about, bunged em in the Architecture folder.

Hinfrance

What is it with clutches lately? Matt's, mine, and now yours.

Glad you managed to get it fixed without too much bother. Enjoy your hols.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Mick

Lucky it wasn't a Vauxhall Vectra. 

Some bright spark put the clutch slave cylinder inside the bell housing.  A gearbox out job.  :uglystupid2: 
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

spinner

Quote from: Oldboy on May 31, 2011, 08:43:35 AM

Not so you'd notice, belly's too big.  :beer: :beer:
Ol' blue eyes

Oldboy

Quote from: spinner on May 31, 2011, 10:52:03 PM
Quote from: Oldboy on May 31, 2011, 08:43:35 AM

Not so you'd notice, belly's too big.  :beer: :beer:

:o :2funny:

spinner

Yes, like me lager, ale, rum and coke, rum and ginger beer ( that's my latest new bevy).
;D ;D
Ol' blue eyes

Just Dave

Hi

Going to Kefalonia in this morning see you when we get back  :tup:
Visit Our Website Clicky Linky My Flickr Clicky Linky Scrap Cars Buyer scrapcarsbuyer.co.uk

krennon

OK Car not as terminal as was originally feared....went into the garage yesterday and they put the battery on charge as it just wasn't turning over, had it on charge for the best part of the day no joy, it also failed the MOT on a dodgy headlight (that's a loose connection) and a leaking brake pipe....sooooo
£82.00 odd for a new battery (Heavy duty diesel jobby) between £40 and £70 for the brake pipe depending on the length no charge for the headlamp they're just going to cut the 3 pin plug connector off and put spade connectors on as our man reckons the inside of the connector has probably got some corrosion in there which is causing it to go on and off (it's a new bulb in there).
So all of the above plus the MOT is going to hopefully be between 200 and 250 squiddlies as we'd allowed up to about £400.00 we're quite happy with that...He can't explain why it just died on me yesterday morning though.
This is a garage we know and trust so we're not being ripped off (put it this way the owner gave me a lift home last night so I didn't have to get the bus and that was after giving me a pint of beer as he also owns the bar that is in front of his garage how many garages do that for their customers???)
So I'm happy that we've saved a few quid and don't have to look for another car, the wife is happy that her car isn't dead and can be repaired easily and because she's happy I'm more happy so all in all not too bad

Graham

Sounds like a result there Keith. :tup: :beer:

After years (and years and years) we are now in a state where we buy a car, "Second hand", but only a couple of months old, from a garage. We have it on 2 years finance, and when that's paid, we trade it for another. We try and chuck in a couple of £1,000 to keep the repayments down.
  This way, the unadulterated terror of the MOT is eliminated.
                  Graham.
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

mondmagu

Two hot sunny days in a row here in Dublin,this is it the start and the end of summer!!!!! :D
Des
www.flickr.com/photos/mondmagu

Oldboy

Quote from: mondmagu on June 04, 2011, 11:02:22 AM
Two hot sunny days in a row here in Dublin,this is it the start and the end of summer!!!!! :D

End... you will have snow next week!  ???

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.