• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,414
  • Total Topics: 5,707
  • Online today: 98
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 70
  • Total: 70
  • Baidu
If you would like to make a donation to help with the running costs of the site, then a donation button has been added to the bottom of the page.  Thanks.
Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...

What made you feel good today

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 10:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rksmith51

Well done Paul, I remember your image well so it defiately has something, like you I don't expect to get any further either but its nice to be asked.
Thanks Howard, maybe its just the landscape selection that done just now. Mine was one of my Forth Rail bridge images, I would post an image but I can't get to grips with how this site works.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rkspics/4848450861/in/set-72157624759756557/

Bob
Hi, "Guest" long time no see, how are you

jinky

Saw your image on flickr stream Bob - cracking shot. So we are up against each other then in landscapes section.

Jonathan

Skoda have diagnosed the fault with my car.  It's NOT the ECU it's "only" an injector.  Part will take a week (more) to order and costs a staggering £550 + vat + fitting :(

So why does that make me feel good.....?

Sales are covering the cost. :D Since my new car should have been here by now they will pay for the repair.  And the courtesy car I've had for a week already.
It's Guest's round

rksmith51

Great news Jonathan, cars are great when their ging but a proper pain when faulty and as you say Expensive.

WMMFGT, the local paper published one of my pics http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/eveningnewspicturegallery/A-place-in-the-country.6567651.jp  no money but a little exposure  :)

Hinfrance

On a roll now Bob - this week Edinburgh, next week the world :)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

rksmith51

TBH Howard, they have posted some dire images in the past so its no big deal  ;) I just enjoy sending something I like in to them.

jinky

Well done Bob - nice to see your picture in print. Well sometimes - I did a job recently where they asked for some straight from the camera jpegs for an immediate press release that were fine. Didn`t bank on the terrible print quality when the Evening Post in Yorkshire sometimes get things wrong with their colour spreads. I turned from being really annoyed that the company i worked for failed to get my name published with the image that took up half of page 2 to utter relief that my name wasn`t on it when I saw how they rendered the colours!  ;)

picsfor

After a protracted house moving session which saw me living in a hotel for a week i have finally got things working again.
Moat things still in storage but the iMac is installed with dongle broad band up and running.
Oh and i have the only seat in the house  :tup:

Funny what you miss once it's no longer available  ???

Now to catch up on what's been happening...

skellum

I wondered where you had gone thought you must be on holiday. What area are you in now ?... :legit:

picsfor

Still in Sussex, but in Horsham. But it's 30 miles closer to the North West  :tup:

I only have dongle broadband but the speeds are really good, considering its just a dongle - but it's also interesting how much bandwidth is used just logging onto this site and getting my e-mail each day. Last nights comment + e-mail = 14mb, so i've got to be a bit careful how much i use until hard wired into the net again  :-X

But good to be back

jinky

Just seen Photoradar and my snow shot made the shortlist - don`t know if a list of 35 for the landscape section can be called a shortlist really but it made it.
http://www.photoradar.com/news/story/photographer-of-the-year-2010-landscapes-shortlist#ad-image11

Looking at the exotic locations and more classic landscapes in with mine I don`t expect to get any further but at least my effort at putting up a peopled landscape to try to mark it out  made some impression.  :)

Alfonso_Frisk

Well done matey and good luck.
At least your shot looks natural.
IMHO, far too many of the other shortlisted shots look false and over cooked
RR
Alf
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

Jonathan

Quote from: Alfonso_Frisk on October 08, 2010, 05:12:13 PM
Well done matey and good luck.
At least your shot looks natural.
IMHO, far too many of the other shortlisted shots look false and over cooked
RR
Alf

Even more importantly (for me) it looks original.  Just clicked through them all (in about 10 seconds...).  There were only about 3 where I didn't go "yeah, seen it a million times...".  Yours was one.  As for the rest?  Some very nice versions of lone tree, jetty at dawn/dusk, wheat field, curvy thing with see and sky.  But there are only so many of those you can take.
It's Guest's round

rksmith51

Quote from: jinky on October 08, 2010, 02:38:36 PM
Just seen Photoradar and my snow shot made the shortlist - don`t know if a list of 35 for the landscape section can be called a shortlist really but it made it.
http://www.photoradar.com/news/story/photographer-of-the-year-2010-landscapes-shortlist#ad-image11

Looking at the exotic locations and more classic landscapes in with mine I don`t expect to get any further but at least my effort at putting up a peopled landscape to try to mark it out  made some impression.  :)

Well done matey, my Forth Rail Bridge was more of a postcard than an otstanding new take etc, so well done and I hope you are suitably pleased with it. I will keep my fingers crossed for you  :)

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.