• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 193
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 111
  • Total: 111
  • Google
Wish
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

More Swifts in flight.

Started by Oldboy, June 02, 2012, 10:09:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldboy

Another dull day with rain saw Swan Pool full of Swifts. Why don't they fly over when the sun shines?

Click images for bigger sizes.  :tup:

Beryl

Nic shots. Loadsdown here too
A true friend is the best possession

My Web site
http://berylladd.com/
Oh . And thanks for looking in

Reinardina

I suppose their favourite insects are not about, when it is hot and sunny.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Beaux Reflets

:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Graham

Quote from: beauxreflets on June 03, 2012, 11:43:15 AM
Super panning OB  :tup:

I suspect it's not so much panning an swiveling aroud like a whirling dervish!
  I've given up trying to photograph these things, so hats off to Oldboy.
               Graham. :tup:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Reinardina

I only answered the question, and forgot to comment on the pictures.
That's what sometimes happens, when you get older!

Great shots OB.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Oldboy

Thanks for all the comments folks. I was out again today in all that rain photographing Swifts and House Martins over Swan pool. The biggest problem I had, was the viewfinder kept filling with water, which didn't make the task of panning whilst keeping them in the focus point very easy.  :P

Please click image for bigger size.  :tup:

irv_b

Superb stuff there OB :tup:  I often try to get shots of the swifts over the lake down the road but not even close to this good!
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

SimonW

Wish I could do swifts. They often fly very low up and down the road outside our front door, and last week were either flying high over our garden or through it at head height. Even so, I've never managed a shot I'd be proud of. I'm sure you must be very pleased with these.
Simon Warren
(in Dunning, Scotland)

Oldboy

Quote from: irv_b on June 07, 2012, 09:08:02 PM
Superb stuff there OB :tup:  I often try to get shots of the swifts over the lake down the road but not even close to this good!

Thanks irv_b. Try following them with the camera, with the focus point on them, without taking a picture. After a few trial runs of keeping them in the focus point try a shot.  :tup:

Quote from: SimonW on June 08, 2012, 01:07:19 PM
Wish I could do swifts. They often fly very low up and down the road outside our front door, and last week were either flying high over our garden or through it at head height. Even so, I've never managed a shot I'd be proud of. I'm sure you must be very pleased with these.

Thanks Simon. See above. Happy that I've caught them but not happy that it's dull so no catch-light in the eye.  :'(

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.