• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 76
  • Total: 76
  • Google
wex
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

ENTRIES & POLL- DICKENS Weekly Comp Mon 21st Jan 2013 to Sun 27th Jan 2013

Started by Delamanda, January 20, 2013, 07:48:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vote for your favourite Dickens entry

Olive or Twist ?

3 (23.1%)
Shipwreck

4 (30.8%)
Hard Times

4 (30.8%)
Please Sir

2 (15.4%)
Message from the Sea

0 (0%)
Old Curiosity Shop

0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: February 02, 2013, 09:36:00 AM

Delamanda

ENTRIES - Dickens Weekly Comp Mon 21st Jan 2013 to Sun 27th Jan 2013

This weeks topic for the competition is...

DICKENS

Having just completed the RPS London 1853 24 hour photo marathon (celebrating 160 years of the RPS) my mind has been occupied with matters relating to 1853, so this week's theme is anything Dickensian, eg. a scene that might be from the pages of Dickens (H - you get your snow!), a character, a book, a quotation etc.

No restriction on editing/pp, and to quote HS from last week "let your imaginations run free" 

Pictures to be taken between 00.01am Monday 21st Jan 2013 to 23:59 Sunday 27th Jan 2013.
Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59pm Monday 28th January 2013.
Poll will be up Tuesday 29th January 2013.
Winner to be announced Saturday 2nd February  January  2013.

The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to
Post a topic on the Sunday following your declared win
Create an entries thread
Create a chat thread
Create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc.)

In case of a tie, the first entry posted wins.

Photos to be taken during the specified dates, ie Monday xx to Sunday xx

jinky

Olive or twist?

Reinardina

Shipwreck.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Beaux Reflets

:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

DigiDiva

Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Delamanda

Poll now open - thanks to everyone for putting their entries in the weekly cc album, it does make poll setting much easier!

jinky

Mine was called "Olive or Twist?"   really Del  but never mind  ;)

Delamanda

Reinardina

Morning all.
It seems Andy and I are joint winners, with four votes each.
Thank you to those who voted for me. My vote went to Andy's shot, as it was, in my opinion, the most Dickensian.

Andy, could you please do the honours, and organise the next competition? I'm going abroad for a week on Tuesday, so won't be able to set the poll, and as I'm quite busy with all sorts of things at the moment, I don't think I'll have time to participate.

Please let me know if this poses a problem.

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: Reinardina on February 02, 2013, 10:19:04 AM
Morning all.
It seems Andy and I are joint winners, with four votes each.
Thank you to those who voted for me. My vote went to Andy's shot, as it was, in my opinion, the most Dickensian.

Andy, could you please do the honours, and organise the next competition? I'm going abroad for a week on Tuesday, so won't be able to set the poll, and as I'm quite busy with all sorts of things at the moment, I don't think I'll have time to participate.

Please let me know if this poses a problem.

Congratulations Reinardina.
I will do my best, hit with the Flu which seems to be dragging on and on, but hopefully I will come up with an idea for the coming week. Not sure whether I will get a shot organised time wise for this weeks comp though. Have a safe and good trip.

Thank you to those who voted for my shot  :tup:

Reinardina

Oh dear, sorry to hear you're under the weather.
I can probably come up with an idea, and set up the threads tomorrow, if you don't feel up to it, as long as you do the poll.
But being joint first (Congratulations, I forgot first time) I thought it might be better if it was 'your' thing altogether.

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: Reinardina on February 02, 2013, 12:54:17 PM
Oh dear, sorry to hear you're under the weather.
I can probably come up with an idea, and set up the threads tomorrow, if you don't feel up to it, as long as you do the poll.
But being joint first (Congratulations, I forgot first time) I thought it might be better if it was 'your' thing altogether.

Having turned the cogs of grey, I was thinking upon shots 'with a natural frame' - I will put the threads up later, and aim to do the poll all being well.

Hinfrance

Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.