• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 99
  • Total: 99
  • Baidu
parkcameras
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Entry Thread AND POLL - HEADLESS PORTRAIT

Started by Delamanda, May 13, 2012, 06:47:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vote for your favourite HEADLESS PORTRAIT

Bus Stop

0 (0%)
Bowlers

1 (6.3%)
The Star

5 (31.3%)
Flowerhead

0 (0%)
Headless Texting

1 (6.3%)
Alone

4 (25%)
Guitar Solo

0 (0%)
Jubilee Busker

2 (12.5%)
Decapitated

1 (6.3%)
Headless

1 (6.3%)
Summer

1 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: May 26, 2012, 07:09:36 AM

Mick

Quote from: jinky on May 25, 2012, 09:17:52 AM
The short cut Mick put up is always bottom of the home page where you can see scores so far(maybe once you have voted - not sure)  and click on any image to go straight to the poll.

That's correct jinky, you can go straight to the poll by clicking any of those image in the poll block on the front page.  And yes, you can only see the results in the front page block once you have voted. ;)  Problem is, I have to remember to edit this block every time a new poll is set up, sometimes I'm late doing this, and sometimes the images won't show because they are not in the weekly comp album.

Quote from: SimonW on May 25, 2012, 08:41:35 AM
Maybe it's only me, but it took me till today to find the poll. A quicklink takes me to the end of this thread and I never thought to scroll back to the start of it as I'd read it all previously. Can't help thinking it would be neater to start a new thread just for a poll.

I think the way the poll was added was changed when someone had some problems setting it up a while back, and found it was easier to do it this way.  I kind of agree with you Simon, a new thread might be better, but I'll go with what you guys decide between you.  Maybe whoever sets the poll could announce the post, so everyone gets a email to say its started.  Not sure if you all have permissions to do this, I'll have to check that.

I would say, if any of you have any ideas regarding this, then please start a new topic in the site feedback board.  It'll be easier for me to keep up with.  :tup:
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

Sarasocke

Actually, I don't mind having the poll in the entries thread - that way I don't have to flit back and forth to read any comments and to click on the photos posted originally posted in case the ones in the poll aren't clickable.
As I've never had to set it up, I have no idea why they're sometimes clickable and sometimes not   ::)
Carol aka Sarasocke 
My Gallery

Oldboy

Quote from: Sarasocke on May 25, 2012, 10:09:27 AM
I have no idea why they're sometimes clickable and sometimes not   ::)

It's because they select the wrong line of code. It should be the bottom one.  ;D

Hinfrance

When I'm doing the poll I always use 'paste image address' and 'paste link address' from the source image.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Oldboy

Quote from: Hinfrance on May 25, 2012, 06:47:25 PM
When I'm doing the poll I always use 'paste image address' and 'paste link address' from the source image.

You only need to copy BBcode Full Size and paste that in.  ;D

Delamanda

And the winner is ... Beauxreflets and his little star!  Congratulations! 

Oldboy

Beaux Reflets

Many thanks for the votes and wishes - I will try and post a new challenge later today when I have thought a bit  ;)
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Hinfrance

Congratulations Andy.

Looks like as long as the next challenge is rain related I should be all right down here - soggy and miserable here again today :'(
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Hinfrance

Congratulations Andy.

Looks like as long as the next challenge is rain related I should be all right down here - soggy and miserable here again today.Th
Quote from: Oldboy on May 25, 2012, 10:05:17 PM
Quote from: Hinfrance on May 25, 2012, 06:47:25 PM

You only need to copy BBcode Full Size and paste that in.  ;D

I know that should work, but it doesn't always - I don't know why.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Oldboy

Quote from: Hinfrance on May 26, 2012, 01:11:21 PM
Congratulations Andy.

Looks like as long as the next challenge is rain related I should be all right down here - soggy and miserable here again today :'(

It's been terrible here as well. It's so hot we are melting!  :2funny: :2funny: :legit:

jinky

Well done Andy  ;)
Yes oldboy - virtually got heatsrtoke yesterday shooting at an event all day. Exhausting in this heat.

Hinfrance

Quote from: jinky on May 27, 2012, 06:17:38 AM
Well done Andy  ;)
Yes oldboy - virtually got heatsrtoke yesterday shooting at an event all day. Exhausting in this heat.

What heat?

Wall to wall drizzle here yesterday. Nice and sunny at the moment, but rain forecast for this afternoon - again. It really is becoming quite tedious.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Beaux Reflets

Thanks Paul  :beer: Hot and humid here for last few days - few clouds last night - and brightly clear sky this morning - hope it brightens up for you Howard  :tup:
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

jinky

Poor Howard - get it sorted out in case I am in your area later in the year! ;)
Out event shooting today - head just about clear so here comes more heatstroke :doh: I`ve succumbed to pressure and agreed to wear one of the many hats Sue has bought me over the years which make me look a complete idiot. better than collapsing pitch side I suppose.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.