• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 128
  • Total: 128
millets
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Chat Thread for Weekly Competition 16th - 22nd September 2013. "The Tree"

Started by SimonW, September 15, 2013, 07:09:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SimonW

Oh dear.... Due to other commitments and weather I only got one, very short, opportunity this week to visit a tree I had in mind, only to find the missing branch which has really spoilt its looks. I didn't notice the pigeon at the top till it was on the PC.

(It's straight off the camera by the way, not even cropped, just resized for uploading.)

This Old Tree
Simon Warren
(in Dunning, Scotland)

Hinfrance

Weather has not been good this week - Cubase has been a very steep learning curve, dare I say nightmare as it isn't doing what it says on the tin, not by a long way.

The main problem I have had with this challenge is that there are no trees around here that are billy no mates - believe me I have kept an eagle eye out for a Kodak tree for years and never seen one. So, in the end I have gone for the fallen tree at the bottom of our garden:

Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

kerbside

The Glade

Again as a subject it did not float my boat but i have managed to come up with this, found the subject quite hard and to find that perfect tree was even harder.

You have to be in to win but winning is not everything, it's participating that counts.
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/kerbside

ABERS

A different view. Won't sell many postcards with this! Well there is a tree in it!

Reinardina

Quote from: ABERS on September 23, 2013, 08:36:19 AM
A different view. Won't sell many postcards with this! Well there is a tree in it!

I think you could be very wrong about the postcards. I find it exceedingly difficult, to find a decent/good postcard, that is not chocolate boxy or 'funny.'

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.