• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 49
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 38
  • Total: 38
wex
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Content awar fill - for the doubters

Started by Jonathan, June 07, 2010, 11:27:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonathan

OK.  So it's incredibly easy to find examples where CAF doesn't work properly. I prefer to look for ways to use it as a timesaver.  After all, CAF didn't remove any of the other tools in my toolbox.  But if it gets me a better result or gets me the same result faster I'm all over it.

So I've started trying it out whenever I spot an occasion when I think it could be handy.  Sometimes it doesn't work and I've sted 2 seconds.  Sometimes it works and I've saved a minute or two.  Repeat and you'll find you know when to use it and when not.

Anyway...I was editing this snap of Jayde and I nearly thumped myself for forgetting to ask her to remove her watch.

That will take a minute or two to edit and blend skin tone.  Or......quick circle with the lasso, delete, enter.  And go wow.

Trust me, the close up looks pretty good.
It's Guest's round

spinner

Oh, I can see me going back through a whole truckload of old pics looking to use this feature. ;D
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

picsfor

Yeah, not me - i've opted for LR3. Less than half the price to upgrade and providing stuff i really need right now.

I have no doubt that at some point in the future i will want to make use of it - but not this summertime...

Oldboy

Cracking shot JR.  ;D

I wonder if it will work on the dress!!!  :2funny: :2funny: :legit:

Graham

Quote from: Oldboy on June 08, 2010, 12:16:20 AM
Cracking shot JR.  ;D

Oldboy! Go to your room!.......Hang on.......stay where we can see you!

Anyway, this content aware thing, is it based on the patch tool do you think? Iv'e found that really effective in the past.
                                 Graham.
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Jonathan

Quote from: Graham on June 09, 2010, 06:46:08 PM
      Anyway, this content aware thing, is it based on the patch tool do you think? Iv'e found that really effective in the past.
                                 Graham.

I think there are similarities but the patch tool is rubbish near edges and can make areas of texture very smooshy.  CAF is smarter and better at retaining texture.  In another picture I used it to remove graffiti from a wall.  I left the bricks behind :)  Saved ages of lining up the clone tool.
It's Guest's round

Oldboy

Quote from: Graham on June 09, 2010, 06:46:08 PM
Quote from: Oldboy on June 08, 2010, 12:16:20 AM
Cracking shot JR.  ;D

Oldboy! Go to your room!.......Hang on.......stay where we can see you!

:-[

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.