• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 52
  • Total: 52
If you would like to make a donation to help with the running costs of the site, then a donation button has been added to the bottom of the page.  Thanks.
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

PS CS5 and PS CS5 extended - what's the difference ?

Started by Sarasocke, June 21, 2010, 10:54:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarasocke

I'm looking at two different CS5 Suites - Design Standard and Design Premium. I don't need the extra programs in the Premium version but the PS in Standard isn't "extended".

Does anyone know what the difference is?

The only thing I can figure out is something to do with animated graphics, which I also wouldn't need.
Carol aka Sarasocke 
My Gallery

Jonathan

Not certain of the differences - but I went to the press launch for CS3 where they introduced the extended concept.  Adobe said photographers don't need extended.

IIRC it lets you measure things in clever ways (area of a garden from an estate agent's photo) and use non square pixels.  Never looked into extended since.
It's Guest's round

Sarasocke

Thanks Jonathan. I can't see me needing that either.

Anyone know of any other differences ?
Carol aka Sarasocke 
My Gallery

Sarasocke

Contacted Adobe - the difference is 3D. I can live without that :)
Carol aka Sarasocke 
My Gallery

picsfor

Carol,

my wife worked, may work again, with the CS3 &4 suite and we've given the CS5 suite a god testing.

PS Extended is, as has been said, about editing 3D images. My guessing is you won't have need for it for a fair while if at all.
I say for a while because it can do some rather nice things with an image in the hands of an expert but such experts are few and far between.

Go with the Premium as it will more than do the job you need of it.

anglefire

There are other things with extended.

One of which I would really, really like to have, is the stacking feature followed by the Medium command
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Sarasocke

Well, I've gone for the standard rather than the premium. It was another jump in price, and I guess I shall have enough new software there to keep me going for a while.

Should receive it by the end of the week, my fingers are itching already.
Carol aka Sarasocke 
My Gallery

picsfor

So that's what PS, Illustrator, InDesign and Acrobat?

I would suggest you look up some courses for InDesign and Illustrator. Marvellous bits of kit but you need some training to get the best out of them. Illustrator is great for Logo's and InDesign's page lay out facilities are just out of this world. And of course it was the package that killed Quark!

Sarasocke

Hi Andrew !

Sorry been off for a couple of days.

Yes, that's the package.
There may be some courses at evening school, but I'm a bit wary as the last one I joined up for was a complete flop. I'll have to ask the Frankfurt flickr group if they know of anything. Otherwise I'm back to online tutorials and books. I shall have to sell the house at this rate ....
Carol aka Sarasocke 
My Gallery

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.