• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 149
  • Total: 149
millets
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Sunderland Wall Art is launched

Started by DigiDiva, March 06, 2014, 12:35:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ABERS

Quote from: Andrew on March 06, 2014, 08:10:34 PM

I do know that Abers site had a visit from Professional Photographer Magazine a short while ago - because I pointed them there  :tup: They were after a picture of a face that told a story or 'carried the story in their face' & let's be honest, if you can't find one of these in Abers collection, well you might as well give up. And that was pretty much what they said!

I've got you to thank for that Andrew,  :tup: they were a bit reticent about who tipped them off.

They seemed keen on one picture and the story behind it so I furnished them with both. Whether they use it or not is a matter of time, but it's looking hopeful!

In true magazine style they asked for a hi-res copy of the image, but knowing how they bleat about tight budgets etc. First I asked where I should send the invoice and how much for. We settled on a measly amount which I have in writing.

It's enough for a pie and a pint when we next meet!  :beer: :beer:

Thanks very much mate.

DD if you want an agent, Andrew's your man.

Andrew

Quote from: ABERS on March 06, 2014, 11:03:56 PM

I do know that Abers site had a visit from Professional Photographer Magazine a short while ago - because I pointed them there  :tup: They were after a picture of a face that told a story or 'carried the story in their face' & let's be honest, if you can't find one of these in Abers collection, well you might as well give up. And that was pretty much what they said!

I've got you to thank for that Andrew,  :tup: they were a bit reticent about who tipped them off.

They seemed keen on one picture and the story behind it so I furnished them with both. Whether they use it or not is a matter of time, but it's looking hopeful!

In true magazine style they asked for a hi-res copy of the image, but knowing how they bleat about tight budgets etc. First I asked where I should send the invoice and how much for. We settled on a measly amount which I have in writing.

Thanks very much mate.

Alan, you're more than welcome - glad something came out of it for you.
Oddly enough, they put the call out via Twitter for those sorts of shots, and i've noticed they do that quite a bit of late. So maybe Twitter does have a sensible use after all.
1 body, 1 lens, 1 flash gun, 1 tripod, 1 cable release & 1 filter. Keeping it simple!
(I lied, just got a second lens!)

ABERS

Quote from: Andrew on March 07, 2014, 12:50:43 PM
Quote from: ABERS on March 06, 2014, 11:03:56 PM

Thanks very much mate.

Alan, you're more than welcome - glad something came out of it for you.
Oddly enough, they put the call out via Twitter for those sorts of shots, and i've noticed they do that quite a bit of late. So maybe Twitter does have a sensible use after all.

They've come back for the August issue, but in true style they've forgotten the payment agreement which I have now reminded them of. No payment, no picture for their magazine. Picture editors think that amateur photographers are so keen to get their work into print that they are easy prey to making their budget stretch a long way.

Admittedly its nice to see your work in print, but I learned long ago that you will soon become a source of free material if you fall for their flattery, if they want your work enough they will pay.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.