• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 122
  • Total: 122
aliexpress
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

CHAT THREAD - NATURAL FRAME (ING) - 17th Feb TO 23rd Feb 2014

Started by kerbside, February 16, 2014, 01:56:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kerbside

CHAT THREAD

This week's theme is Natural Frame.

Any interpretation of the theme will be accepted but the main subject must be framed naturally by something else, the choice is yours.

No restrictions on Post Processing. I think this offers possibilities in all sorts of 'photo styles and does not restrict anyone wherever they are in the world.

Pictures to be taken between 00.01am Monday 17th February 2014 to 23:59 Sunday 23rd February 2014.
Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59pm Monday 24th February 2014.
Poll will be up Tuesday 25th February 2014.
Winner to be announced Saturday 1st March. 2014.

The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to
Post a topic on the Sunday following your declared win
Create an entries thread
Create a chat thread
Create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc.)

In case of a tie, the first entry posted wins.

Photos to be taken during the specified dates, ie Monday xx to Sunday xx

Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59 Monday night.

You have to be in to win but winning is not everything, it's participating that counts.
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/kerbside

DigiDiva

Oh my!I think Reinardina picked or won a similar titled comp on DC site a while back. Its very hard but challenging.
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Andrew

this should be fun - who can we frame, and make it look they are naturally guilty  ::)

I suspect the real issue with this, will be the 'cliche shots'- so need to find something a little bit different - could really do with a UWA for this, easier to frame things
1 body, 1 lens, 1 flash gun, 1 tripod, 1 cable release & 1 filter. Keeping it simple!
(I lied, just got a second lens!)

Andrew

Quote from: DigiDiva on February 17, 2014, 09:19:17 AM
UWA?

UWA = Ultra Wide Angle such as the 10-22 or 10-24 range of lenses.

Great for framing things
1 body, 1 lens, 1 flash gun, 1 tripod, 1 cable release & 1 filter. Keeping it simple!

kerbside

Yep, 10-20 is my lens for this topic, should not hold anyone back though, just move further away from your subject.

You have to be in to win but winning is not everything, it's participating that counts.

DigiDiva

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: DigiDiva on February 19, 2014, 06:42:55 PM
Im not sure I understand the theme  :-[

A shot of view from a bedroom window that shows the curtain, wall or frame. A view through a hedge framed by leaves  ;) Anything framed  ;)
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

DigiDiva

Thats kind of what I thought so thanks for the clarification. I had an idea but worried it was the aforesaid 'cliché shot'

Andrew

Ok, 2 planned alternative shots for those have panned. One just didn't work, and the other was not going to come off without a bit of grief.

In days of old I used to lay next to the railway line at foot crossings and get pics of trains as they rushed by, some times with arms and camera through gate, sometimes using gate as a frame.
I must find one of those pics and upload, for those who haven't seen one.

It should be remembered that you should not try this at home, or near a railway line. I was specially trained to know how to do this, and had special permision (drivers were aware i was not likely to jump in front of train).

The other was of the 'waterfront' at Ipswich. Despite a great idea - the architecture just didn't look how i envisaged it.

Mind you - calling the old docks at Ipswich a 'Waterfront Development' is like referring to the Somerset Levels as Paddy Fields. It's a tenuous link at best.

DigiDiva

Im struggling getting an idea let alone an actual shot. Been busy getting my website done and now running out of time.

Reinardina

Quote from: DigiDiva on February 22, 2014, 07:45:35 AM
Im struggling getting an idea let alone an actual shot. Been busy getting my website done and now running out of time.

Take a shot of your website.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

kerbside

Out this afternoon to see what i can find, nothing in mind just going for a look around. :-\

DigiDiva

Went out this morning, with absolutely no ideas in mind, just for a 'look about' for inspiration along the coast and came up with a few ideas. I ended up having a whole lot of fun, seeing 'frames' everywhere. Anyway, it was a toss up between a bit of a Roker cliche shot using a sculpture as the frame, or this one which I chose in the end.

I sat, camera hand held, moving slightly up, down, left, right until I managed to frame Roker Pier quite nicely through the slot in a litter bin.

Jediboy

I like the shot, I think its great.
Did you get in the bin??
May the Force be with you.

Chris

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.