• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 149
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 155
  • Total: 155
parkcameras
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

New lighting seminar (cheap!!!)

Started by Jonathan, January 20, 2012, 12:17:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Graham

Quote from: Oldboy on February 12, 2012, 09:48:55 AM
Quote from: Graham on February 12, 2012, 07:29:28 AM
The bad news is that the reason I could go is that my little finger is too smashed up to operate on. :tup: :dance:
                                                Graham

That means that you can never again go to a posh restaurant and drink tea from a proper cup and saucer.  :P :2funny: :2funny:

Their loss Oldboy...Their loss. :dance:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

picsfor

Yes, sorry i couldn't make it. Driving out of town is a bit off for me at the moment, thanks to the meds.

Regarding Jonathan's courses, yes they are numpty proof - unless you don't know how to switch a camera on.
Had a play with the strobeams year before last and loved them. Had i attended, i would have definitely invested - but doubtless there will be another occasion  :tup:

Paul Montgomery

Quote from: Oldboy on February 12, 2012, 09:48:55 AM
Quote from: Graham on February 12, 2012, 07:29:28 AM
The bad news is that the reason I could go is that my little finger is too smashed up to operate on. :tup: :dance:
                                                Graham

That is devastating news. That means that you can never again go to a posh restaurant and drink tea from a proper cup and saucer, which requires you to extend your little pinky whilst partaking the beverage. My heart bleeds for you.  :P :2funny: :2funny:
Maybe he can - if its stuck in the out position, it'd be impossible not to. My fingers a little like that at the mo, but the physios are trying to fix it ...
Edit - what kind of SB800 gear are we on about - I appear to have built up a collection of them ...

Graham

Quote from: Paul Montgomery on February 12, 2012, 04:39:04 PM
Edit - what kind of SB800 gear are we on about - I appear to have built up a collection of them ...

Three SB 800's and the SU800 close up kit seen here. http://www.warehouseexpress.com/buy-nikon-r1c1-close-up-speedlight-commander-kit/p1011547
  That pic shows three flash units but the kit includes two.
  The controller is also compatable with the SB800's

Oh and various HONLPHOTO bits.
            Graham.
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

michaelb104

Quote from: Carlj on February 12, 2012, 10:32:52 AM
Mike, there's a menu setting on the A77, can't recall, but something to do with exposure simulation off - basically it ignores the settings used (ie, underexposed for studio lights) and gains up the evf...

With my A55, I have to pop up the flash...

Thanks Carl, I'll check it out.

Note to self - RTFM  :)
Mike

My Flickr   .   My Fluidr

Jonathan

It's Guest's round

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.