• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 134
  • Total: 134
  • Google
parkcameras
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

How to remove sensor dirt on image in PSE8

Started by Andy Price, July 07, 2010, 10:32:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy Price

Hi everyone,

Can anyone tell me the best way to remove what appears to be sensor dirt spots from images in PSE8????:-\

Also how do I put a watermark on images that I am having printed??? :2funny:

I am still finding my way round PSE8 so I might be missing something very obvious or simple.

Andy

Andy

Life is a series of pictures waiting to be taken.

skellum

Go to the Full Edit Screen and on the left is the tools. The seventh one down next to the red eye removal tool is the Spot healing Tool. Next zoom in on the dust spot and gently move the tool around to remove it. Once zoomed in the tool will look very big so adjust it with the slider at the top left to suit. Its something you will have to practice with to get it right...... :legit:

Andy Price

Thanks Dave

I will give it a try. It is annoying as I haven't been able to determine whether the marks are actually on one of the lenses or on the sensor. I have been so busy I haven't had time to carryout a check with other lenses.

At least now I should be able to remove then from the pics. :beer:

Andy

Graham

Hi Andy.
             If they'er clearly defined then they will be on your sensor. However they may be less/more obvious from lens to lens.
             You will only really see them on a clear background like sky or a white wall.
             The more you stop down, ie bigger number= smaller hole the more clearly they will appear.
                               Graham.
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

krennon

And if you can still find a copy of this weeks Amateur Photographer, they have a round up of sensor/lens cleaning equipment in there very useful...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithfransella/

"Everything in moderation including moderation" Oscar Wilde

Andy Price

Thanks everyone for your help.

The dirt marks are the sensor and I can either clean it myself or pay £50 for a one hour service at Camera World ::)

Does anyone know how to put a copyright watermark on pics. I have been requested to supply some sample pics for some people to view and I thought putting a name & copyright might be a sensible move.

Andy

picsfor

Quote from: Andy Price on July 12, 2010, 08:16:33 PM
Does anyone know how to put a copyright watermark on pics. I have been requested to supply some sample pics for some people to view and I thought putting a name & copyright might be a sensible move.

Can't help with PSE8 - LR3 is about as easy as you could get it though...

Andy Price

One more question when saving images in PSE8 after they have been edited and cropped to jpeg what quality setting should I use max or the default level of 8 in order to prevent reduction in resolution????

Andy
Andy

Oldboy

Quote from: Andy Price on July 21, 2010, 08:38:58 PM

One more question when saving images in PSE8 after they have been edited and cropped to jpeg what quality setting should I use max or the default level of 8 in order to prevent reduction in resolution????

Andy

Always use maximum which is 12 for best resolution.  ;D

Jonathan

Jpeg saving quality has nothing to do with resolution.  It has to do with artifacting and quality.

Imagine your file is printed on a sheet of paper.  Saving as a jpeg screws the paper up.  When you open it you smooth it out.  The higher the ocmpression (lower quality number) the tighter you screw the ball.

I always use 10 (out of 12).  Significantly smaller files with no obvious loss in quality.
It's Guest's round

Andy Price

Its great to know that there is always help to solve those little photo shooting and post processing problems.

Thanks again.
Andy

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.