• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 136
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 131
  • Total: 131
  • Google
7ds
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Photo of the day or edit of the day

Started by oRGie, March 24, 2009, 10:15:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oRGie

A place to post your fruits of the day, new shots, just edited etc...  everyone likes feedback, so only post here if your open to honest feedback  :tup:

Here's one from today to start the topic off...

irv_b

Great idea orgie  :tup: Is it a case of make a comment then post a picture to carry on the sequence or can we just comment and/or critique?
Irv
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

oRGie

No rules in mind Irv, just if anyone posts a pic its open to critique :)

jimthetrain

Good idea oRGie. I think I will use this thread more since the front page gallery wipes your shots out of view by multiple postings. (Guilty as charged myself occasionally)  :D :D

Nice old building in the background. Satelite dish looks out of place in a street like that. :) Pity about the graffiti aswell. Also how small do you have to be to become a chef over there.  ;D ;D

Lake Windermere as seen from Bowness. (clickable)

BOOZE!!! Helping ugly people have sex.

oRGie

Thats a lovely place Jim and a lovely photo.

Yes shame about the satelite dish, its about time Portugal woke up to protecting the natural beauty of the place, especially as thats a 12th century monastary with tombs of old kings and queens.. 

here's a few of the shots I took this morning, woke up early :)  these are taken leaning out of my back bedroom window..

Oldboy

That's cheating leaning out your window. Should be out there like me before dawn instead of in a warm house......  ::)
One from yesterday of a House Sparrow, he looks cold but it was a warm day.  ;D

jimthetrain

Just thought i'd bump this thread to see if we can get it  going again. (must've removed my pic  :-[)

oRGie

Here's a few from today. The band are embarking on their debut album! yesterday was their first day in a studio ever, so after much setting up of the mic's, lines etc we finally got something recorded tonight. They are doing the master tracks now and then we will record the multitracks.

I think the high iso noise suits the subject ?

Damon

Orgie, I`m amazed. I just thought you were a fan of this band, didn't`t realize you were this well connected. :tup:

Anyway here is a shot i took of haven bridge in gt yarmouth at the weekend while waiting for the light to go.
For me i like the composition, but i think i find the river wall ( Bottom left ) a little distracting.
Any comments greatly appreciated. ( go on you won`t upset me ;)).
Damon.

jimthetrain

I like the sky and the light brings out the texture of the stone. :tup: I suppose to get rid of the wall you would have to stand a bit closer and have a wider angled lens. Very limited exif info on the file when clicked on so don't know the in's and out's of the shot.

jim

Oldboy

Cracking sky damondph. You can't do much with the river wall otherwise, you lose too much of the river. The only way round it was to lean over the wall, but that might have been unsafe. I don't think it's as big a distraction as you think.  ;D

Damon

Thanks guys... It`s nice to get another take on this. Yeah possibly leaning over the wall would have allowed me a better veiw point. accsess is very limited because of the wall but i think i`ll have another go with you`re suggestions, just got to wait for another dramatic sky. Thanks for you`re kind words. :beer:
Damon.

anglefire

Firstly, Orgies band shot - the first one. The face is a little dark for me - the tee shirt is bright and pulls the eye down.
The second is a nice snap of the overall set up.
The Mike is nice, I like these sort of almost abstract shots of a small element. The OOF drums in the background linking it with the band works well. Best one for me!

Damonhph, I first thought the image was HDR'd - and it may be - but what ever, the sky makes the shot. The lamp is possibly a little too central, but not knowing the area, I don't know if you could move farther down the bank to improve this element of the composition,
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Damon

Hi Mark.. Thanks for you`re comments, you`re right it is an hdr. Agree the sky realy makes it. The trouble with composition is your really restricted by the river wall & to the right, out of shot is bloody great wire fence. I went down again today to see if i could get a better angle by leaning over the wall, but it`s a bit more than just dodgey.  :( :o
Damon.

oRGie

Damon, I like the shot and the comments allready made are all spot on, the lamp is the only part that spoils it a bit, I think if I had been doing the edit on it I would have killed the bright light in the lamp to make it blend a bit more as it attracts the eye as it is.

Mark, thanks for taking time to crit the shots, your comments are very perceptive :) the mic and drums shot was the one that I was carefull to get the drums in and out of focus to make the mic stand out, you seem to have got exactly what I was after, so thats great.. Looking at the shot of the singer in the booth with fresh eyes, I can see the t'shirt is not as white as it could be, so that would have given me room to brighten it up overall and so lighten the skin tones in his face. The group shot is a snap really, the thing I liked about it was the singers hand and finger position, but then I know what he was saying so the humour of the shot is obvious to me, but no-one else would know that, I was being told to get back in the control room lol..

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.