• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,414
  • Total Topics: 5,707
  • Online today: 98
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 85
  • Total: 85
Wish
Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...

50mm prime

Started by guest4, April 13, 2008, 06:36:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guest4

Just picked a good condition manual f/2 50mm prime for less than the price of an agreeable lunch, that included the Hoya skylight filter that was attached to it  :D

Mick

Nice one Andy.  :tup:

How the heck do you guys find these bargains?  Never happens to me  :'(
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

Simple

I never find bargains like that either. I bought a 50mm 1.8 Nikor manual lens once. It is absolutely stunning in its performance. Sharp as a razor and solid as a rock. The latest 50mm Nikon af lenses are plasticky and although the performance is good, it feels like a cheapo throwaway lens.
I think you will have loads of fun with it. BTW find a reversal ring to fit the camera and the filter thread on the lens and you can get some lovely macro's.

Carlj

What Andy is neglecting to tell us, is 1) the agreeable lunch was at the Savoy and 2) he was out to impress Kate Moss!  :tup:

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.