• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 81
  • Total: 81
If you would like to make a donation to help with the running costs of the site, then a donation button has been added to the bottom of the page.  Thanks.
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Real world Pictures from a Canon 1DMkIV

Started by anglefire, November 24, 2009, 10:19:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anglefire

I've found a site with some real pictures taken with a pre-production MkIV - with some high ISO shots too. Well, if you consider ISO12800 high anyway.

Its a wedding tog from Lancashire, so is British and not American for a change!

Being ever so slightly biased, I would say that the IQ is stunning!

http://jeffascough.typepad.com/jeff_ascough_blog/2009/11/canon-1dmkiv-at-a-wedding.html

Anyone got £4500 spare? :2funny:
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

picsfor

interesting shots, must have a look at how my 5D MkII compares because up to 6400 i do not think an extra £3k is worth the improvement.
Single Digic IV on the 5DMkII instead of dual Digic IV on the 1D MKIV.
Focusing will be better in lower light and that would be nice - but for £3k?
Probably for a pro wedding, sports or wildlife tog - but for me - can't find that use myself!

oRGie

Amazing bit of kit no doubt :)   now Mark, have you mentioned it to the wife yet, just in passing sort of thing, set the stage, buy some flowers, a nice dinner perhaps, for 4500 perhaps a weekend in Paris...  "ooh perhaps that would be a great trip to test the new camera out that I was thinking of getting, better to shift the mk3 before the second hand prices drop too much, i would be saving us money really" 
:beer:

anglefire

Dunno about Paris, would need to be a bit farther than that I fear!

Actually, its not on my wish list, well, not very high up anyway, at the moment if I'm truly honest. As Picsfor says, its a lot of extra dough over the 5DMkII.
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Jonathan

Quote from: anglefire on November 24, 2009, 10:19:05 PM
Its a wedding tog from Lancashire, so is British and not American for a change!

"A wedding tog from Lancashire" :D.  Before they decided you had to be American to get on the list, Jeff Ascough was rated in the top 10 wedding photographers in the world.

Those are very nice shots indeed and the ISO 12K is pretty amazing.  (It's worth remembering that's a beta camera but I can't imagine high ISO quality getting much worse for prod).  At least a stop better than the D3 and possibly more.  But then the D3 is obsolete as of yesterday  ::).

Guess what I'm going to play with tomorrow......  8)
It's Guest's round

Alfonso_Frisk

Quote from: Jonathan on November 25, 2009, 04:54:49 PM

But then the D3 is obsolete as of yesterday  ::).

Looks like Oldboy will be spending again soon then.
RR
Alf
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

Jonathan

Just spotted this on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9QKU2TOo5w

When you realise what it is your jaw kind of drops.
It's Guest's round

alan1572

not knowing that much, i'd have thought that you would get full frame for that kind of money, i suppose the mkv will be or will that be the mkmk1V.2?
Who wanted dry roasted with their pint?

anglefire

Yes it will be interesting to see how the IV and D3s compare. Mind you, its getting pretty academic for most of us!

Alan, Canon always seem to bring the 1DMkxx before the 1DsMkxx. The s signifying full frame on the 1D series.

Expectation is that is announced in the spring sometime - probably 32Mp or so. Getting stupid is the Mp now.

I suppose one argument is that the bigger the Mp, the smaller the size of the "noise" is at high ISO. But I'm sure others will disagree!

Mark

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Oldboy

Quote from: Alfonso_Frisk on November 25, 2009, 04:58:42 PM

RR
Alf

Nope, I don't think the D3 is obsolete as it does what it says on the tin.  :tup:

Jonathan

Quote from: Oldboy on November 25, 2009, 09:31:04 PM

RR
Alf

Nope, I don't think the D3 is obsolete as it does what it says on the tin.  :tup:

Um yeah.  But the D3S is now shipping.  AFAIK no more D3s are being made.  Very soon it will no longer be a current camera :(
It's Guest's round

Oldboy

Quote from: Jonathan on November 25, 2009, 09:48:08 PM
Quote from: Oldboy on November 25, 2009, 09:31:04 PM

But then the D3 is obsolete as of yesterday  ::).

RR
Alf

Nope, I don't think the D3 is obsolete as it does what it says on the tin.  :tup:

Um yeah.  But the D3S is now shipping.  AFAIK no more D3s are being made.  Very soon it will no longer be a current camera :(

That sounds good as it will become a collectors piece.  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

Jonathan

Nah I think most of them have been used a little which will decrease their value as antiques.  If the rubber's still sticking to your camera you need to get out more :)
It's Guest's round

Oldboy

Quote from: Jonathan on November 26, 2009, 07:44:52 AM
Nah I think most of them have been used a little which will decrease their value as antiques.  If the rubber's still sticking to your camera you need to get out more :)

Well if you look after your equipment it will still look good whilst almost at 100,000 pictures.  ;D

Jonathan

Quote from: Oldboy on November 26, 2009, 06:44:56 PM
Well if you look after your equipment it will still look good whilst almost at 100,000 pictures.  ;D

Ah, so yours is hardly broken in then.  Nikon techs cleaned mine for me today but didn't bother regluing the rubber - I guess it would only come off again.

In other news, I got to play with a D3S (and of course I ran it at 100K ISO and shot video) the new 70 - 200 (which I liked more than I thought I would) and a D3X (which I didn't get to try at all properly - no light in the room to explore its sensor).  Then I got to play with a big boys' camera.  And that was mighty nice indeed.  I'll get some snaps up tomorrow.
It's Guest's round

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.