• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 80
  • Total: 80
  • Google
wex
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Chat for Weekly Competition on Christmas Spirit

Started by picsfor, December 11, 2011, 07:01:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

picsfor

CHAT THREAD
This week the challenge is to picture something demonstrating Christmas Spirit
This is your interpretation of Christmas Spirit, not just a picture of a Christmas tree or a Santa. Santa waving to children or father lugging Christmas tree home is acceptable.

Pictures to be taken between 00.01am Monday 12th December 2011 to 23:59 Sunday  19th December 2011 .
Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59pm Monday 20th December 2011.
Poll will be up Tuesday 6th December 2011.
Winner to be announced Saturday 10th December 2011.

The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to
Post a topic on the Sunday following your declared win
Create an entries thread
Create a chat thread
Create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc)

In case of a tie, the first entry posted wins.

Photos to be taken during the specified dates, ie Monday xx to Sunday xx

Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59 Monday night

Reinardina

What's going on? Everybody too busy with preparations to have a little chat about Christmas and the competition?

I went out today with the intention to shoot some nice Christmassy pictures, and ended up in the medieval St Michael's church. For me the nine lessons and carols service, particularly when held in a beautiful old church, are the essence of Christmas. I'm not a churchgoing person, but that service touches my soul. (And it is the only time I can really belt out those old hymns, without getting strange looks!)

Anyway, I hoped to 'catch' a bit of that spirit in the church, but the pictures didn't really come out well. So, here I am, with the modern version of Christmas: reflection, home decoration and car drives for those family visits!

This is my entry:

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Oldboy

Quote from: Reinardina on December 16, 2011, 09:41:38 PM
What's going on? Everybody too busy with preparations to have a little chat about Christmas and the competition?

I'm trying to find a jar of humbugs!  :(

Reinardina

Quote from: Oldboy on December 16, 2011, 09:57:18 PM
Quote from: Reinardina on December 16, 2011, 09:41:38 PM

I'm trying to find a jar of humbugs!  :(

At your age, you should know that will take ages! So you'd better pause for a moment and take a nice shot for the competition! Where you are hunting, in the hope to find that magic jar, you should have plenty of opportunities to catch a bit of the Christmas spirit!

Good luck, for both the humbugs and the picture!

Hinfrance

Went to town this morning to try to get some shots of the Christmas market. Epic fail. The market was shut, just a few stallholders wandering about, presumably waiting to open the moment I left.

Still, on the bright side, at least the electricity is back on :)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

jinky

Got my market shot on a short trip to Bruges.Braved a storm force 10 gale going out with no sleep in our buckaroo cabin beds and food posiuoning / stomach bug coming back! Still - had a lovely time

Reinardina

Amazing you still had a lovely time!

Christmas market looks very quite Jinky. I went to Winchester today and in places, it was almost impossible to walk. And very difficult to take decent shots as well.

stevebedder

Afternoon All,

Had to miss the weekly comp the past few weeks I'm afraid, simply not had enough time to get out with my camera. Managed to get a shot for this weeks though:

Took this early today of my wife and son whilst they were sledging on the hill next to our house.

The treatment was applied using Pixlr O-Matic (hope that doesn't break any of the rules).

Good luck everyone  :tup:

Steve

picsfor

Steve,

i would like to say it broke every rule in the book  ;)

Sadly, it's a rather nice pic  :tup: - makes mine seem almost, umm, well not worth the bother  :(

Never mind - i'll go out and get mine as planned - just because i don't decide the winner  :doh:

Beaux Reflets

:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Hinfrance

I'm sorry to say that I have not managed to get an entry for this week's challenge. Circumstances seemed to conspire against me - I mean what was the Christmas Market doing, being shut?

Anyway, many apologies, not the subject, just my ineptitude to blame.  :(
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

picsfor

You're not alone, and i set the theme.

My entry is Plan C... (Plan B but no one was around to provide a ghostly image, and after an hour even my gloves were beginning to feel a bit cold)

In hindsight, should have left it to a simple to achieve theme. I think i got carried away with the quality of entries from the previous week!

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.