• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 277
  • Total: 277
  • Google
bhphotovideo
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

The weekly poll - Tripods

Started by greypoint, September 15, 2009, 09:39:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How often do you use a tripod?

All the time
0 (0%)
Quite a bit
8 (20%)
Occasionally
18 (45%)
Mainly for macro
2 (5%)
Rarely
8 (20%)
Prefer a monopod
2 (5%)
Don't own one
2 (5%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Alfonso_Frisk

I have 2 tripods. A cheapy from 7dayshop which I leave at work, and a Bembo trecker which to use is like a set of ruddy bagpipes.
I also have a Giotto monopod which I carry around a lot and use. It also doubles up as a nice bit of self defence kit
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

Eileen

I have one tripod which I use a lot, and another cheapo which does duty as a light stand sometimes (it's not strong enough for a DSLR).

I'd use the main tripod more if I could be bothered to carry it.

oRGie

I'm a bit of a sucker for bits of kit and engineering quality :)  I have had a trekker for many years, maybe 15 or more, great thing, I dont find it fiddly to set up as many do, nowadays I use that mainly for my flashgun on a cord from the camera, I also have a manfrotto 055 with an mg460 head, I love it, so solid and the head is such a lovely piece of metal lol..  I use them quite often really, evening and night landscapes, messing around at home and sometimes for work in dark houses with big rooms where my flash cant cope and long exposure is the only option, that also helps with the shadows problem in houses.

I bought a cheapo monopod, but at the time it seemeed to make sense to get a pan/tilt head with qr plate, lol, what an idiot, I had it 5 minutes when I realised that just a screw thread would be very quick to attach and the qr plate takes more time as I dont leave the plastic plate on the camera and because of the pan/tilt head its a pain to even use to aid walking, oh well it was only a fiver or something to learn that one. I do mean to get a better monopod with just a screw thread.

top totty

I do own a tripod (Manfrotto) can't be arsed to get it out, also have a monopod which gets more use but most of the time it's hand held.

Jonathan

I have 2 tripods (plus various mini ones).  One of those Benbo knockoff UniLocs which got a lot of use when I lived near Kew and a fabulous carbon fibre Manfrotto.  The head is actually heavier than the tripod though I do have the original lightweight mag alloy head somewhere.

Often it's more of a prop than anything.  Set up a tripod and people know where to look ;)  It also ensures a consistent tilt to my pics.  Even with a spirit level in the head and an artificial horizon most of my shots aren't level.  Tripod means I can batch untilt them :)
It's Guest's round

Sandy

I use a tripod most of the time. It gives me time to think

Sandy

anglefire

I have 2 tripods - one I was given from work - it was being thrown out - its more of a video one, I've not used it yet! The other one is a Manfrotto and I use it occasionally, but like many on here hand hold mostly - but also have a mono, also Manfrotto, which I use probably more often!

I only have the one lens with IS - but still hand hold my 17-40 at 1/6" or less quite often!
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Bingo

:) I have two tripods a cheepo which lives in the back of the wardrobe, and a manfrotto 190 xprob with the 484 mini ball head which gets a fair amount of use. It comes with me almost every time I go out, it's a bit of a pain to be honest but I don't think I could be without it just in case. Would like to try a decent mono to see if I could get by with two less legs....maybe when funds allow. 

wendoureecat

I use a tripod most of the time but usually when I need it I dont have it with me. I have a benbo trekker which I think is fantastic especially in water as the top of the legs go into the bottom part. I have a monopod that I used for the rugby and football but this year it has stayed in its case and I now sleep in on the weekends.

Jonathan

It's Guest's round

greypoint

I clicked on the don't own one option. If I went in for indoor macro/studio stuff or low light landscapes etc. it might be a different matter but for most of the time I like to travel light - one camera with lens attached and perhaps another lens just in case. I've got a lovely big gadget bag that never gets taken anywhere - and the idea of carting a tripod around is even more unlikely. I try to be unobtrusive!

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.