• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 47
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 35
  • Total: 35
If you would like to make a donation to help with the running costs of the site, then a donation button has been added to the bottom of the page.  Thanks.
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: Beryl on June 13, 2014, 07:25:49 PM
What anoied me today was...................I didn't get a phone call from the 'Vindows Technical deportment' ;D

:2funny: The first question the Indian sounding chap always asks me is whether I speak English  :2funny:
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Reinardina

I haven't had them for ages. I think they've gone off me.

I now get 'kitchen scrappage' deals and people telling me, their information shows I am definitely eligible for a subsidised new boiler, cavity wall insulation and solar panels.

All nonsense. I don't have a boiler, the place is not suitable for cavity wall insulation and even though I live in a penthouse, so I have a roof, it is not my own to do with as I please.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: Reinardina on June 13, 2014, 08:08:01 PM
I haven't had them for ages. I think they've gone off me.

I now get 'kitchen scrappage' deals and people telling me, their information shows I am definitely eligible for a subsidised new boiler, cavity wall insulation and solar panels.

All nonsense. I don't have a boiler, the place is not suitable for cavity wall insulation and even though I live in a penthouse, so I have a roof, it is not my own to do with as I please.

Tickles me how the Solar panel calls get fewer and fewer during the Summer months before building up again on the cold overcast Wintery days  ::)  We never have spare money at Christmas :2funny:

Reinardina

Quote from: Beaux Reflets on June 13, 2014, 08:07:05 PM
What anoied me today was...................I didn't get a phone call from the 'Vindows Technical deportment' ;D

:2funny: The first question the Indian sounding chap always asks me is whether I speak English  :2funny:

You live in France, it must be very easy to say "à quoi fais-tu allusion?" That'll scare them off.

It would scare me off too. I was just going to say 'quoi?' but decided to check it, and found this lovely little sentence. I might even learn it by heart, it would see off a lot of cold callers, I imagine.

I have never tried speaking Dutch to them; must try that next time.

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: Reinardina on June 13, 2014, 08:19:57 PM
Quote from: Beaux Reflets on June 13, 2014, 08:07:05 PM

You live in France, it must be very easy to say "à quoi fais-tu allusion?" That'll scare them off.

It would scare me off too. I was just going to say 'quoi?' but decided to check it, and found this lovely little sentence. I might even learn it by heart, it would see off a lot of cold callers, I imagine.

I have never tried speaking Dutch to them; must try that next time.

:2funny: Next time I may ask him for his ISP full address and tel; No. for my data base.  :2funny:

Beryl

I told them there was no such department and if there was they certainly would not phone their clients

My Ex sister in law fell for this a while back and skimmed her for £400+

I live in Holland for 2 1/2 years

I think they are Nigerian
Next time I wild tell them they are talking to an IT technical consultant and that Vindow is an operating system how can it have a department

I was sent an E-mail once for Amazon. It said there had been movement on my account. Could I sign in Here  and update my details.

I logged into Amazon and sent them the e-mail and asked if they had sent it?
They said no and were very greateful I had forwarded it as they could act upon it

A true friend is the best possession

My Web site
http://berylladd.com/
Oh . And thanks for looking in

Reinardina

I've had emails from Paypal, all sorts of banks, Amazon, HM Revenue, a game site, about my account there, and of course loads from 'attorney at laws' acting for So and So and trying to get millions out of a country, via my bank account.  I don't even open them.
The ones that I receive on my Hotmail address, I occasionally read via the 'view message source' so you can read it, without opening it.

Beryl

I used to get similar. I ditched those as well 
A true friend is the best possession

My Web site
http://berylladd.com/
Oh . And thanks for looking in

Hinfrance

It looks like one of the matched pair of RAM in my PC has packed up. The memory test utility I have went solid red from the get go with both installed, fine with just the first one. Either that or the motherboard is knacked. Grump.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Karen

:( grr Been waiting on parcel from Honk Kong for ages and sods law I'm out today and come back to a card now I cant get it til Monday  :legit:

Jediboy

Quote from: Karen on June 14, 2014, 06:52:44 PM
:( grr Been waiting on parcel from Honk Kong for ages and sods law I'm out today and come back to a card now I cant get it til Monday  :legit:

I hate it when that happens. And it seems to happen pretty much every time I am waiting for a parcel.  :-[
May the Force be with you.

Chris

donoreo

Quote from: Hinfrance on June 14, 2014, 02:03:57 PM
It looks like one of the matched pair of RAM in my PC has packed up. The memory test utility I have went solid red from the get go with both installed, fine with just the first one. Either that or the motherboard is knacked. Grump.
Take them out and reseat them.  Maybe even try cleaning the contacts with a clean pencil eraser. 

Hinfrance

Quote from: donoreo on June 15, 2014, 01:53:55 AM
Quote from: Hinfrance on June 14, 2014, 02:03:57 PM
Take them out and reseat them.  Maybe even try cleaning the contacts with a clean pencil eraser. 

Thanks for the tip Don - I have actually tried them both in the first slot and swapped them around. The same module gives zero success with Mem Test 86+ every time - the results section just goes red the moment the test starts. The Windows memory test utility simply reports that there is a hardware failure. I do have some contact cleaner, so I'll give that a go later. In the meantime I'm running on one 8gb module.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

donoreo

I thought it was worth a shot.  Memtest, that is something I have not run in a while.  I used to run it on all servers when I was building them to verify memory before going further. 

Karen

Why oh why do I always get the broken one?????

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.