• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 47
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 29
  • Total: 29
  • Google (2)
bhphotovideo
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ABERS

Quote from: Hinfrance on July 06, 2012, 08:23:45 AM
I'm sure you'll get away with it though ;)

Well the boiler is performing perfectly.  :tup:

donoreo

Quote from: ABERS on July 06, 2012, 08:46:12 AM
Quote from: Hinfrance on July 06, 2012, 08:23:45 AM
I'm sure you'll get away with it though ;)

Well the boiler is performing perfectly.  :tup:
And my AC is working.  It is supposed to be 36C here today!  :-[

Hinfrance

Still cannot get the replacement wheel bearing for my lawn tractor - been to two dealers now. One of them managed to get a similar bearing, but it was a smaller one for the front hubs. Plus the motor is still hunting after 20 minute's running and seems to be beyond the wit of mankind, or at least the dealers, to fix.

Very frustrating!
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Reinardina

Quote from: Hinfrance on July 06, 2012, 12:33:27 PM
Still cannot get the replacement wheel bearing for my lawn tractor - been to two dealers now. One of them managed to get a similar bearing, but it was a smaller one for the front hubs. Plus the motor is still hunting after 20 minute's running and seems to be beyond the wit of mankind, or at least the dealers, to fix.

Very frustrating!

Poor Howard! I feel for you. I've been on holiday, all the way to Holland and summer weather, and now I see your lawn mower problem still isn't resolved.

I spent some time with a friend who has an easy way to keep her grass short. I'll show you her fully automated lawnmowers. She says a sheep is more careful and leaves a neater lawn, but she isn't too bothered and sticks to these two mates.

Hope your mower problem will be solved soon!

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Hinfrance

Glad you had a good break Re.

I'm afraid that the cost of fencing in the property and buying animals would be enough to buy several new tractors, and then our daughter would grow attached to them and then they'd die, so I'll stick to mechanical means for the time being.

Last night the hot weather broke in one of our typical violent summer storms. So much rain came down so quickly that we had two 7500 ltr/hour pumps running to keep the deluge from flooding the garage after one of the drains silted up (which happened after about  2 minutes, the ground was so dry). Drain cleaning day today for me :)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

wotcars

Quote from: Hinfrance on July 06, 2012, 12:33:27 PM

Very frustrating!

The hunting if its after 20mins of running then its more than likely the sparkplug breaking down due to it getting to hot change the plug
Then the fuel again if the engine runing hot the fuel can evaporate before it gets into the engine
3 it could be the head barrel has over heated and warped blown a gasket
Would need to know if it is a 2 or 4 stroke engine
Hope this helps

If you can tell me the size of the bearing
I need the outer dia the inner dia and the thickness I can then give you a link to buy the bearings

Hinfrance

Your offer is very much appreciated, thanks.

It's a hexagonal mount solid brass bearing and looks like this:

. .  although the centre hole is supposed to be circular :)

If you think you can source a replacement for something this weird, I'll happily dismantle the tractor again and measure the dimensions of the good one - although there will be a delay because I need to get a new battery for my vernier gauge.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

wotcars

Hinfrance  your easiest option would be to take this to a local enginer they will need the spindle dia that it goes on and they should be able to make you one,It would proberly be around £20 to £25  as its not a standard bearing , Whos make of mower is this?
I could make one but with postage and cost of raw materials your proberly get it cheaper over with you
If you still have problems let me know

spinner

Pulled my back out yesterday, can barely walk. What annoys me, is I can't figure out why.  >:( :'(
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: spinner on July 12, 2012, 12:14:56 PM
Pulled my back out yesterday, can barely walk. What annoys me, is I can't figure out why.  >:( :'(

Sounds like unwanted pressure, pinching upon the nerves to your legs; I used to put my lower back out on a regular basis and with help from my physio's exercises developed a method to get it all sorted by decompressing the spine  :tup: and now do exercises on a regular basis every time I think I have over done it again. https://sites.google.com/site/beauxreflets/keep-fit

Hope it helps
Regards
Andy
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Oldboy

I had been painting and paperhanging some years ago without problems until one morning before I started I had a coffee and a smoke. One cough and I couldn't walk let alone use steps. Took me a week to recover. It appears that the stretching and twisting had weaken my back, so one cough was enough to push it over the edge.  :'(

northbeach

Nothing annoyed me today.  Or yesterday. Maybe the day before ;)
"In a hundred years, all new people."  My Gallery

spinner

Quote from: beauxreflets on July 12, 2012, 01:37:46 PM

Sounds like unwanted pressure, pinching upon the nerves to your legs; I used to put my lower back out on a regular basis and with help from my physio's exercises developed a method to get it all sorted by decompressing the spine  :tup: and now do exercises on a regular basis every time I think I have over done it again. https://sites.google.com/site/beauxreflets/keep-fit

Hope it helps
Regards
Andy

Thanks for the information Andy, I am aware of those types of exercises, unfortunately I have been suffering this issue off and on since a car accident in my late 20's. I can vouch for their effectiveness, have for the most part been pain free for many years because of the exercises. I am annoyed because I don't know what I've done to bring this on. I was just getting up from a couch when it happened. Usually I can get a feeling that I'm close to overdoing it and lay off. If there was a warning this time, I missed it.  :'(
Ol' blue eyes

spinner

Quote from: Oldboy on July 12, 2012, 09:33:24 PM

I had been painting and paperhanging some years ago without problems until one morning before I started I had a coffee and a smoke. One cough and I couldn't walk let alone use steps. Took me a week to recover. It appears that the stretching and twisting had weaken my back, so one cough was enough to push it over the edge.  :'(

After the car accident I was standing in the local Police station making a report, when I did the same, coughed. It was like someone drove a knife into my back. Since it was back in the dark ages I was put bed for 6 wks. When it happened again a few years later, my doctor had upgraded his skill set and sent me to a back injury specific clinic who started me on the exercise program. The rest as they say is history and for the most part a very good one. If I do forget and do something stupid I can usually recover within a couple of days with the exercises.  :)
Ol' blue eyes

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: spinner on July 13, 2012, 03:37:44 PM
Quote from: beauxreflets on July 12, 2012, 01:37:46 PM

Hope it helps
Regards
Andy

Thanks for the information Andy, I am aware of those types of exercises, unfortunately I have been suffering this issue off and on since a car accident in my late 20's. I can vouch for their effectiveness, have for the most part been pain free for many years because of the exercises. I am annoyed because I don't know what I've done to bring this on. I was just getting up from a couch when it happened. Usually I can get a feeling that I'm close to overdoing it and lay off. If there was a warning this time, I missed it.  :'(

I find sitting upright at the computer for long periods in warm weather makes things difficult at times, to the point that I have adapted my office chair to provide a better angle (leaning back) to take the body weight off the spine.

Hope you get sorted and it is nothing to serious.
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.