• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,415
  • Total Topics: 5,708
  • Online today: 55
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 46
  • Total: 46
7ds
RØDE NT1 Signature Series...Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ABERS

Howard stop beating yourself up!  :knuppel2:

Go to print .

See page set up in bottom left hand corner, click, choose paper size and orientation.

Top righthand corner you will see three options, from them choose either Picture Package or Custom package.

Drag and drop the images that you want to appear onto that sheet and re size each image as you want.

You can then save that sheet as a single image if you want to by clicking Create Saved Print Then print as normal by following the procedure that you  would for a normal print.

Hope that helps.  :tup:

Hinfrance

Thanks Alan,

You're a true gentleman, but I fear you are defending the indefensible.

In picture package it doesn't matter which images I have dragged to the page, it always replaces all the images with the last one I dragged in. The other option lets me add more than one image, although if I change the page size to a smaller sheet and then back again to A4 it doesn't put the images back where they were, it bunches them all at the top of the page and overlays them so that some of the images are completely hidden.

I admit I didn't even think of looking on the bottom left for printer setup (incorrectly labeled page setup) on the opposite side of the workspace to all the other print commands. I would expect page setup to, well, set up the existing page, not open the printer options dialogue. I was changing the page size and orientation in the 'print' dialogue. They show as changed, but don't actually change until LR has been closed and restarted.

I still hate it. It is without a doubt the worst print workspace I have ever come across.

I know I have said it before, but this time I really mean it - no more LR printing for me.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

ABERS

Ah well, I tried.  ::)

It all works O.K. for me, and I felt quite proud of the fact that there was some procedure that I could wax lyrical about, whereas all the talk about the innards of computers leaves me cold.

I have an inkling as to how you feel. I can't get the hang of, or the reason for, texting.  ???

P.S. You didn't buy your L/R copy off that chap Trotter down at the Nag's Head did you?  :legit:

Hinfrance

Ah well, nil desperandum, I have the far far better Qimage at my disposal :)

I bought LR off someone even more greedy than the bloke down the pub - some company called 'Adobe'. They never seem to stop asking for more money . . .
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Matthew

Had an invite for a friends' wedding a few weeks back, we accepted, but then I realised I am on call that weekend. I couldn't swap my weekend on, so said I'll have to miss the ceremony at 2pm, but I will make it for the meal before 5pm. This was fine.
Said wedding is tomorrow, today is the last day of my holiday and I got a message from work saying I need to go to Perth to pick up some kit....a bit annoying, but it's only 2hrs away and it's just a case of picking something up and heading back North........BUT WAIT....I then get another message saying I'm needed in Aberdeen too for a job.....2hrs from Perth and another 2hrs 30min from home!....Not sure how long I'll be or indeed if I can now make the meal......at this rate, I'll be lucky if I make last orders at the reception......

So that's what has annoyed....sorry.....p****ed me right off today.... >:( :knuppel2: And breathe..... :tup:
Never argue with a stupid person, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

spinner

My Epson Printer. Daughter needed to print some documents for a trip she was making to the U.S. Opened them up and hit print. The printer spit out the 3 pages needed, but they were all blank. I'd just put in new cartridges. Did all the usual, pulled the cartridges and reseated them, checked that I'd actually removed the protective strips. Downloaded the newest drivers etc. It was when I tried to run the utility program that it got really odd. The program just hung. Internet said had wrong usb cable or was too far a run. This the same cable and set up I've used for years, I'd actually been printing photos last week when the ink ran out. I seem to have narrowed it down to a bad usb hub. In the meantime daughter had to go into her work on her day off to print the documents there.  >:(
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

loveclose

Having been accepted for a training course for the new job, I find some very very dodgy reports about the company I'd be working for.

Only one word aptly describes my reaction.....

BU**ER!!!! >:( >:( >:( >:(
The meek shall inherit the earth - if that's ok with everyone else.....

skellum

WAMT     Dodgy photographers who set up in supermarkets & shopping centres and produce stuff like these examples below.

spinner

WAMT? Discovering my Sigma 50-500 lens doesn't auto focus at 300 to 200 mm range.
Ol' blue eyes

Markulous

Quote from: spinner on October 10, 2012, 02:34:06 AM
WAMT? Discovering my Sigma 50-500 lens doesn't auto focus at 300 to 200 mm range.

Doesn't focus down to those distances. Sigma states:
QuoteMinimum Focusing Distance 50-180cm

Unless you mean cms, in which case I'd comment that my 150-500 doesn't AF at the nearest distances (well, it most definitely isn't a macro lens - nor suggests it should be) - but a small tweak of the focus ring sorts it!  ;)
Whatever and ever. Amen
http://smg.photobucket.com/home/Markulous/index
Mark @ Photobucket

ABERS

Quote from: Dave on October 08, 2012, 03:14:30 PM
WAMT     Dodgy photographers who set up in supermarkets & shopping centres and produce stuff like these examples below.

Don't blame the photographers, blame the parents for purchasing the prints. Still if they are satisfied with pictures of little Johnny grinning away at the camera as far as the photographer is concerned, the jobs a good 'un.

I attended an extended family event a few weeks ago and was asked to comment on a range of 'professionally' taken pictures of some young siblings. I ummmmed and ahhhed, quite frankly they were awful as far as I was concerned, but came up with the question to the parents, "I bet you're pleased with them aren't you"? "Oh yes, delighted" they replied, and really that's what counts surely?

spinner

Quote from: Markulous on October 10, 2012, 08:32:24 AM

Doesn't focus down to those distances. Sigma states:
QuoteMinimum Focusing Distance 50-180cm

Unless you mean cms, in which case I'd comment that my 150-500 doesn't AF at the nearest distances (well, it most definitely isn't a macro lens - nor suggests it should be) - but a small tweak of the focus ring sorts it!  ;)

I was about 500 metres from my subject and had the telephoto at full out. The shot auto focused fine and was sharp. But the subject was taking up more of the frame than I wanted. I pulled the lens back in about half way it wouldn't focus, no movement, no noise not even a sign it was hunting for focus as it has been want to do on low light days, and the shot was blurry. When I pulled the lens back in all the way, auto focus returned and got a shot that was sharp but my focal point (an old barn foundation) was too small in frame to be recognized as a focal point.
Ol' blue eyes

Oldboy

Never had a problem with my Bigma. Try cleaning your contacts with lens cleaner fluid.  :o

Graham

Quote from: Oldboy on October 10, 2012, 06:47:47 PM
Never had a problem with my Bigma.

Now how many times have we heard that eh ladies!  :2funny:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Alfonso_Frisk

Morning matey
I have the 50-500 and I've just had a play and can report no issues with AF at any focal length.
Ive stuck it on 3 cams as well and it was fine on all.
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.