• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 26
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 18
  • Total: 18
photobox
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

CHAT - Weekly Competition "THE BICYCLE" 25Tth November - 1st December

Started by kerbside, November 23, 2013, 05:52:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kerbside

This week's theme is to pay homage to "The Bicycle", i think that most people have access to this subject.

Any interpretation of the theme will be accepted from a macro shot to movement, exercise bike and anything in between so long as the bicycle is the main subject.

No restrictions on Post Processing. I think this offers possibilities in all sorts of 'photo styles and does not restrict anyone wherever they are in the world.

Pictures to be taken between 00.01am Monday 25th November 2013 to 23:59 Sunday 1st December 2013.
Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59pm Monday 2nd December2013.
Poll will be up Tuesday 3rd December 2013.
Winner to be announced Saturday 7th December. 2013.

The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to
Post a topic on the Sunday following your declared win
Create an entries thread
Create a chat thread
Create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc.)

In case of a tie, the first entry posted wins.

Photos to be taken during the specified dates, ie Monday xx to Sunday xx

Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59 Monday night.

You have to be in to win but winning is not everything, it's participating that counts.
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/kerbside

Reinardina

A subject to my (Dutch) heart! Pity I'm not going to Holland this week.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

kerbside

Sorry reinardina but i am sure with your street photography we can look forward to a good picture from you. :tup:

You have to be in to win but winning is not everything, it's participating that counts.

Andrew

Quote from: Reinardina on November 23, 2013, 07:46:41 PM

would you like to make use of my daughters bike? Ordered in specially from Holland  :tup:

As for me, well i have 'The Dawes' & 'The Boardman' - both representative of 'their' time, sure i can cobble something together - maybe even join a ride with the CTC to lunch time at a  :beer: :beer: :beer: facility.
1 body, 1 lens, 1 flash gun, 1 tripod, 1 cable release & 1 filter. Keeping it simple!
(I lied, just got a second lens!)

Reinardina

Quote from: Andrew on November 23, 2013, 09:50:47 PM

would you like to make use of my daughters bike? Ordered in specially from Holland  :tup:

As for me, well i have 'The Dawes' & 'The Boardman' - both representative of 'their' time, sure i can cobble something together - maybe even join a ride with the CTC to lunch time at a  :beer: :beer: :beer: facility.

Do you buy your bikes in Holland? Or Dutch bikes in general? I believe I read somewhere, that Batavus bikes are sold here under the Dawes label.

In Holland bikes are often used to transport two people, and therefore sturdily built.

jinky

I`m away in Fuerteventura for a bit of winter sun from Monday but back in time to post if any of them use bikes over there. Me - I`m hiring a car

DigiDiva

have a fab time - just back from Tenerife and it was ovely and warm
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Andrew

Quote from: Reinardina on November 24, 2013, 08:24:43 AM
Quote from: Andrew on November 23, 2013, 09:50:47 PM

Do you buy your bikes in Holland? Or Dutch bikes in general? I believe I read somewhere, that Batavus bikes are sold here under the Dawes label.

In Holland bikes are often used to transport two people, and therefore sturdily built.

My daughter has some friends in Holland, and her husband got them to get one bought and delivered for self assembly to his parents address - hence she has a genuine Dutch bike. Has a rally great pedal back brake with a clutch for smooth braking.

As for me, well i've had 'the Dawes' for some 17 years now (supplied direct from Dawes) - and it really is due for its 100k super service. The Boardman was an insurance job from Halfords a few months back after some folks raided all of the bike stores at our complex and made off with a few bikes - my mountain bike being one of them.  :knuppel2:

1 body, 1 lens, 1 flash gun, 1 tripod, 1 cable release & 1 filter. Keeping it simple!
(I lied, just got a second lens!)

Reinardina

Finally had a chance to get out with the camera for a couple of hours.

Shot some bikes, two of which I took a bit 'further,' among them my entry: Pedal Power.

The other one is the Bicycle Bell, which I decided not to enter.

kerbside

Couple of nice early pictures Reinardina, I've not even thought about the subject yet.

Reinardina

jinky

Managed to get a couple of bike shots so far in Fuerteventura. Not the ones I wanted but OK if time to process when I get back. Some great long cycle tracks here off the road in front of volcsnies but no one is cycling on them  :o

Hinfrance

Bike Triptych:

Yes, it's a bit HDRy. Looks dull on white, much better on black :tup:
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

kerbside

Went out for a play today, knocked up a bracket to fit my 7d onto my bike just to see what i could get. First attempt, sort of what i am after, need the hedgerows closer in and i think it will work.

In with this i think.

An Autumn Ride

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.