• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 178
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 47
  • Total: 47
  • Google
parkcameras
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

CHAT-FLORA MONOCHROME-Weekly Comp 3-10/5/20

Started by Hinfrance, May 03, 2020, 08:37:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hinfrance

FLORA MONOCHROME

This is the CHAT THREAD

The ENTRIES THREAD is HERE

A flowery theme. Anything from one flower bud to full bloom, a single stem to a field of tulips. With the twist that the image must be monochrome - so black and white or any single tone such as sepia or cerulean.

Interpret and edit how you wish, no holds barred on the PP.

Pictures to be taken between now and Sunday 10th May 2020
Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23:59 Monday 11th May 2020.
Poll will be up Tuesday 12th May 2020.

Winner to be announced Saturday 16th May 2020.

The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to;

Post a topic on the Sunday (or sooner) following your declared win
Create an entries thread
Create a chat thread
Create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc)

In case of a tie, the first entry posted wins.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

anglefire

Ooh, I can do this one! Just got to remember to post one up!
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Hinfrance

Quote from: anglefire on May 03, 2020, 09:09:05 AM
Ooh, I can do this one! Just got to remember to post one up!

I send you a reminder. If I remember!
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

anglefire

----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Hinfrance

Mark started early, so I thought I would too. From yesterday's lockdown walk:

Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

jinky

Well if we`re all going to be early! I saved one of the flowers being thrown out and used some black paper and plastic dish etc to reflect this freesia head.
Freesia reflection

Reinardina

These images just prove (to me at least), that you cannot beat classic monochrome. 

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

jinky

Quote from: Reinardina on May 10, 2020, 08:22:13 AM
These images just prove (to me at least), that you cannot beat classic monochrome.

I love b&W and don`t do enough nowadays - mainly because it`s mostly holiday stuff and often lends itself to colour. When I was doing my wedding photography I always included a set of B&W images in my pack at no extra cost because so often I preferred the shots in B&W.I was always bemused that people rarely chose them as favourites to show others on Facebook and one couple asked why I`d included them!!!! Hell I even threw in sepia ones where it suited which were viewed a laughable by many in the business then who seemed to prefer washed out low contrast B&W and colours.

Oldboy

Quote from: Reinardina on May 10, 2020, 08:22:13 AM

You can if the stick is big enough!  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

Reinardina

Monochrome wedding pictures do not 'age' half as fast as colour pictures. I particularly like black and white portraits.

Oldboy, only cowards, or people who cannot run fast enough, need big sticks.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Jediboy

Sorry I didn't get an entry in this week. Bizarrely I have been quite busy. I saw a large mushroom in the local spinney that I was going to take a photo of but didn't get around to it.
Some good entries though.  :tup:
May the Force be with you.

Chris

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.