• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 65
  • Total: 65
  • Google
Wish
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Want to help out on a dangerous shoot?

Started by Jonathan, June 21, 2010, 12:05:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trickee

Was Jonathan asking them to do some karate moves in the last pictures ;D. Great set of pics Irv you have captured a great overview of the event. :)

picsfor

Quote from: Jonathan on July 27, 2010, 08:59:24 AM
You missed out my favourite....

I'm not sure if it's bafflement or disbelief but check out their expressions :)

I'm guessing bafflement - "he wants us to do what?"

Jonathan

Quote from: rksmith51 on July 27, 2010, 09:25:32 AM
:) Good to see behind the scenes, its not just a matter of jumping in and shooting a few images is it.

Nope.  About 3 weeks of planning ;)

Going to see the first draft of the BTS video tomorrow.  Can't wait :D.

BTW new picture up.  This time topless....... http://peoplebyryan.com/photoblog/painted-man
It's Guest's round

krennon

Jonathan absolutely stunning shots, I wish I could've got the time off to have come down as well to help and maybe take some BTS shots...big congrats to you on another stunning shoot..... :tup:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithfransella/

"Everything in moderation including moderation" Oscar Wilde

Eileen

Love the painted man. Very surreal. Great work Jonathan and Irv.  :beer:

Let us know if that magazine feature comes off Jonathan - I'd really like to see some of these in print format.

Jonathan

It's Guest's round

Graham

Very nice video work and interesting to watch.
        I would imagine that it's quite hard physical work for the models.
                       :tup: Graham.

PS have you aproached Typhoon about sponsorship yet?
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

picsfor

Have to say Jonathan, video is your best yet. Looks like you've cracked that side of things.
Not a single 'um' or 'arrr' to be heard any where  ;D

Looks like the Ewa Marine underwater housing was ideal for the job...

Eileen

Great video. I liked the wide field of view and thought it was really well edited, with a good mixture of images and great soundtrack. I see Irv gets a credit and that his feet make a regular appearance too! Very nice work.

CML-1591

Quote from: Jonathan on July 28, 2010, 04:11:47 PM
BTS video online now (this is the first one without all the boring talking)

http://peoplebyryan.com/fashion/underwater-bridal-fashion-behind-the-scenes

FSTOPPERSSS!!

They have a comp running till saturday i think... Then again they want some more technical talk to technical information going up... Send it anyway they may get it on the blog...
Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment. - Ansel Adams,

rksmith51

Very well done Jonathan, the images have a great atmosphere. Those poor girls looked like they were  gasping for air at times so I hope you rewarded them well  :)
Thanks for sharing the video as I never get to see anything like a pro shoot, its always just me wandering about looking for something to happen.  I wont be taking the D3s under water but I think new locations need to be explored.
Hi, "Guest" long time no see, how are you

Jonathan

>> PS have you aproached Typhoon about sponsorship yet?

No.  But I'm in touch with Ewa who made the housing ;)

>> Not a single 'um' or 'arrr' to be heard any where

Ah.  Wait for the next one.  Irv was supposed to be listening out but plenty got through...

>> FSTOPPERSSS!!

Already up there ;)  I'm going to encourage Aidan to do a special cut for them (it has to mention Fstoppers somewhere in the video)

>> Those poor girls looked like they were  gasping for air at times so I hope you rewarded them well

Yeah there's a bit where Jess hits the surface and breathes too early.... :)

If I had a D3S (and I may get one soon) then I would have used it underwater - that's just a D3 :)  You have to take risks.

BTW apparently one of the pics from that shoot was one of the 10 most interesting things that happened that day.... http://www.flickr.com/explore/interesting/2010/07/27/
It's Guest's round

Colin

Jonathon, if you want to repeat the experience in an outdoor pool you could always pop over to Spain and see me ;), get some nice natural light in an outdoor pool. It was 31c water temperature yesterday and its unheated pool at that. Great shots and an interesting video. Thanks for posting.  :tup:

Jonathan

That is actually really tempting.

An outdoor pool would solve a lot of lighting issues.

Plus that's 3 degrees warmer than the indoor heated pool I was in.
It's Guest's round

Oldboy

Quote from: Jonathan on July 29, 2010, 08:54:20 AM

Plus that's 3 degrees warmer than the indoor heated pool I was in.

And you still had a wetsuit on - wimp!  :o :2funny: :legit:

Cracking video.  :tup:

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.