• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 44
  • Total: 44
7ds
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

QOTD October 27 - Magazines

Started by spikeyjen, October 26, 2013, 10:12:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spikeyjen

What magazines do you subscribe to/ purchase and what do you like about them?

How long do you keep them for?

Hinfrance

Photography periodicals - none. I keep them forever.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Reinardina

Apart from the freebies with the weekend papers, none. And those I often don't get round to reading.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

ABERS

B+W Photography, which, like all other photography magazines, gets repetitive over time. When I pick up any photographic magazine from the news stand and thumb through them an overwhelming feeling of deja vu sweeps over me.

As for any other type of magazine, none at all.

spikeyjen

I'm a bit of a mag junkie, and keep them forever (I figure that the stuff I don't understand I might some day in the future). I always carry one in the car/ bag for that quiet moment in a café.....
I subscribe to Canon PhotoPlus and have learned heaps from it. It takes about 3 months to get to the newsagent over here, so it's easier to subscribe. Great mag, appalling subscription administration (that's another long and boring story).
I also get Australian Photography as we get it for a much reduced price being members of APS (Australian Photographic Society).

donoreo

I used to have subscriptions to PhotoPlus and Practical Photography.  I do not now.  I do have one to Outdoor Photography Canada mostly because I get a show special at a local camera show and it is so cheap.  A few dollars to help a Canadian magazine.  I only buy some others now that I see are doing a different take on something.  As mentioned they get repetitive.  I will keep some longer than others and when done I take them to my camera club with me.  I do occasionally pick up the Magbooks from Digital SLR Photography as they tend to cover a topic with many articles (landscape, macro, etc). 

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.