• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 27
  • Total: 27
millets
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

7dayshop 500Mbps High Speed Mini HomePlug / Powerline Ethernet Network Adapter

Started by Mick, June 17, 2012, 10:13:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick

Anyone used these "7dayshop 500Mbps High Speed Mini HomePlug / Powerline Ethernet Network Adapter"  http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=777_9&products_id=113818 

or similar, to stream stuff to your (internet capable) TV, or game console from a different room in the house etc?  I want to move our sons XBox 360 upstairs (He's driving us nuts with that bloomin drum kit lol..) where there's no internet, and his console being the older model, doesn't have wireless built in.  Do they work, are they reliable, and would they do the job???

Your thoughts please.
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

donoreo

I have some older dLink ones that work great for me.  My internet equipment is in the basement and I have a wireless access point two floors up connected to it via power line adapter like these.  I also have my DVD (it does streaming) connected and it does HD just fine. 

Paul Montgomery

I've got a relatively old 200Mbit system which works fine doing just that - streaming internet to another room for non-wifi kit. Unless you've got a super fast link, your broadband will be the limiting factor, not the power line adaptor.

However, if any of your neighbours are radio-hams, they might not thank you for it ...

Mick

Excellent, thanks guys.  Sounds like they will do what I need.   :tup:
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

Carlj

Mick,

Not sure what speed mine are, but they came as part of my BT Vision package - bearing in mind the maximum speed internet readily available is 80mbs, a 500mbs jobbie is future proofing. Never had issue with mine, and as it streams on-demand programming and gaming via onlive, should do you proud!

Carl

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.