• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 61
  • Total: 61
parkcameras
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Virus files

Started by kevin-64, October 06, 2019, 08:45:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevin-64

Any one know how to open okuoiu files,some goldfish put a virus on my pc and all my files are now in okuoiu format.

Hinfrance

Have your files been reformatted or do they have new file extensions? Have you received a ransom demand?
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Oldboy

That's a strange one Kevin. I've done a search on Google but it doesn't return anything? When you first found out you had a virus did a message come up telling you that your files had been locked and you would have to click a message box? If you did then you have installed the virus yourself! Do you have a backup of your PC? If you do then doing a restore should resolve the problem. Try windows restore, which will put your PC back to the condition it was in before the changes were made.

Don't believe the messages that appear from this virus software. It may not have changed anything on you PC but just put up an interface that stops you accessing your files, appearing to show they have been changed when they haven't. A few weeks ago I had a similar message appear with a message saying that all my files had been locked. I just rebooted my PC without responding to the message. When the PC rebooted the message had gone. I then ran my anti-virus software and it didn't find anything. To reboot just use the keys, Control, Alt and delete together and select sign out and the PC will reboot or select reboot from the menu for older versions of Windows.

Trying running anti-virus software if you can? Can you get into Dos? If you can then you may be able to remove this interface but, you may need to delete a few files in a certain order, before this software is gone.

If you still can't get your PC back then, you may need to take it into a computer shop, to get it fixed. Good luck.

kevin-64

Saved files to disk before I had it wiped now I'm trying to open them.

kevin-64

Yes I did get a ransom demand

Hinfrance

Wish you all the best Kevin, it can be a total nightmare.

Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Oldboy

Just a thought but Microsoft have a virus removal tool. It might be worth giving that a try. Here a link to the page: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/malicious-software-removal-tool-details.aspx.

Also, try Malwarebytes which is well regarded and some think is the best removal toolkit and it's free.  :tup:

kevin-64

This is the virus.virus gandcrab v5.0.4,shows how to do it on YouTube but I can find right link doing my head in

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.