• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 136
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 131
  • Total: 131
  • Google
If you would like to make a donation to help with the running costs of the site, then a donation button has been added to the bottom of the page.  Thanks.
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

My Kit

Started by GvilleRick, April 06, 2008, 01:59:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GvilleRick

I see this section is still empty so thought I would create a post with my equipment list. I picked up a Pentax K10D a few months back after having used a Pentax *ist DL for some time. I still have the *ist as a backup along with the kit lens, Pentax FA 50-200, and a Pentax 70-300. All that stays in the backup bag.

I got a Quantaray 70-300 lens when I bought the K10D for free and intended to sell it since I already had a 70-300 Pentax lens but after using it some like it well enough to keep it. A month or so ago I bought the new Pentax DA* 50-135 f2.8 lens and love it. I shoot a lot of events at the school where I teach and it is a great lens for events in the gym or auditorium when I need to shoot without a flash.

I just bought the battery grip for the K10 which does help balance the camera when using the DA* lens. I also got a Sigma 18-50 f2.8 Macro lens to replace the kit lens and a Pentax FA 50mm f1.4 prime. I'll have to upload some pics from a recent trip to a zoo that turned out well and plan to take a trip to a local arboretum soon to play with the new lenses.

Carlj

Welcome to CC, Rick.

Nice to see a pentax owner - too many canikon's around  :doh:

The istDL was a very good, easy to use compact dslr - we've just got rid of ours for a Sony A200 (I'm an a-mounter, and my partner wants to use my lenses), but we've some good shots from the Pentax. I loved the handling too.

loveclose

Well that's interesting about the Pentax's - a very good friend of mine wants to buy her first dslr, and being a Nikonite I recommended the D40 or D60 (within budget, especially the D40)  Wanted something not too bulky and heavy.

Having read your comments on the Pentax, I'd recommend her to look there as well.

My gear?

Nikon D200 with 18-70 lens
Nikon 70-300 ED lens
D70 back up (18-70 lens came with this cam originally)
Nikon SB600 flash
Metz digital flash 76 MZ-5  :D(soo nice to have a Metz back in the armoury - the SB600 rarely gets a look-in now)

Would like the battery grip for the D200, (MB-D200), but the price is extortionate!! Could get a non-nikon version from e-bay, but haven't heard if the gear is reliable or not.  Even the Nikon originals from Hong Kong or China are pretty pricey, even though they are sold with one or two batteries.  Jessops - £140 for the MB-D200 - way too high!! >:(
The meek shall inherit the earth - if that's ok with everyone else.....

Carlj

The A200 may be a better bet there though, because the price is astounding for new kit, and in specs, more than matches (even betters in AF performance) the D60.

GvilleRick

Yeah, the ist DL worked well for me. I had a Pentax ME film camera years ago and thought I still had a couple of lenses in storage. When a local chain store ran them on sale for $520 (and there was a $100 rebate offer) the price became too good to pass up. The only problem I ever had with it was that sometimes it showed that the battery was low even when I put in new batteries. Never happened if I used rechargables, though.

I did upload some shots I took at the zoo to the gallery. All were taken with the K10D and with either the DA* 50-135 lens or the Quantaray 70-300 lens.

Mick

Quote from: GvilleRick on April 06, 2008, 08:29:08 PM

I did upload some shots I took at the zoo to the gallery. All were taken with the K10D and with either the DA* 50-135 lens or the Quantaray 70-300 lens.

Hi Rick,

Yep noticed your pics, but wondered why they weren't showing on the latest uploads page of the front page and forums.   Just noticed you have password protected your album, and set it to "album can be viewed by (Album Owner (GvilleRick) Only".   :doh:

No one apart from me can see them.  ;)
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

GvilleRick

Been a while since I uploaded in Coppermine. I've modified the album so it should be visible now. :)

Mick

Thanks, it's fine now.  Nice pics, and now everyone can see them.   :tup:

My Gallery

OpenSea

loveclose

Quote from: Darth Wit - Dork Lord of the Sith on April 06, 2008, 03:39:03 PM
The A200 may be a better bet there though, because the price is astounding for new kit, and in specs, more than matches (even betters in AF performance) the D60.

Thanks for the tip. :tup:

Will get her to check it all out.

alan1572

my kit
D300
nikon 12-24 lens
nikon 18-70 lens
nikon 70-200 3.5 vr :tup:
nikon 2x tele converter
jessops heavy duty tripod
slingshot 100 bag (now to small need the 200)
Who wanted dry roasted with their pint?

vxisme

Olympus E3
Zuiko 35mm lens
Zuiko 14-45mm lens
Sigma 10-20
Sigma 55-200mm lens
Tripod
Manfrotto grip and ballhead
Macro lens 2/4/6/10.
Cokin A series filter holder, dark grey grad. light grey grad, tobacco filter, blue filter, 0.6 nd filter, Cpl pol x 3.
Formatt nd grad set, 100x150 filters. and holder.
Remote control,
Lowpro 200 sling bag..getting a wee bit small now,
E3-battery grip..in use
E3- system backpack.. in use .

Donny  My Gallery

Jonathan

Quote from: alan1572 on April 08, 2008, 06:58:06 PM
my kit

Ooo is this a free for all boasting session?  :D

I have a little old D70 with far more frames on the clock than the manufacturer would recommend.  And a busted Siggy 18 - 50.

I think that's pretty much it.

Oh I have some old primes that I play with now and again.  Maybe a zoom or two that isn't broken.   8)
It's Guest's round

Mick

Quote from: Jonathan on April 10, 2008, 09:08:06 AM
my kit

I have a little old D70 with far more frames on the clock than the manufacturer would recommend.  And a busted Siggy 18 - 50.

Yeah, we believe you.  Not:)

My Gallery

OpenSea

alan1572

Quote from: Jonathan on April 10, 2008, 09:08:06 AM
my kit

Ooo is this a free for all boasting session?  :D

Oh I have some old primes that I play with now and again.  Maybe a zoom or two that isn't broken.   8)

if you need any help to make the most of your kit, let me know ;D
Who wanted dry roasted with their pint?

loveclose

Think you've been tumbled, Jonathan..... ;) ;D

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.