• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 284
  • Total: 284
  • Google
  • Bingbot
aliexpress
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

My Picture of the Year 2009

Started by Malcolm1938, December 22, 2009, 03:40:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malcolm1938

Well this year is almost over and I've taken many new pictures but one stands out for me and I consider it to be my Picture of the Year....

This is it

Do you have a Picture of the Year to add to this thread....
FKA CannOffice
Too old to die young
Every day is a good day - if you wake up....

My Gallery

minky_monkey

Whilst probably not the greatest technically!  It`s the one I like the best..

Malcolm1938

Quote from: minky_monkey on December 22, 2009, 06:21:17 PM
Whilst probably not the greatest technically!   It`s the one I like the best..

With considerable justification I would say..... and not much to worry about technically either in my opinion.
FKA CannOffice
Too old to die young
Every day is a good day - if you wake up....

My Gallery

Hybridphotog

Either I'm undecided, or I'm blagging this one due to me working in two mediums. :D
Digital...:

Film (Kiev 4, 1954 50mm J8 lens, Ilford XP2+, 2hr d&p lab, sepia toning and framing with GIMP)...:

oRGie

Cannoffice, great capture, precarious place for a 2 bird nest poor things, but love the way the image portrays them getting on with life.
Minky Monkey, certainly a shot to be proud of, it has  beautifull ghostly feel to it with the translucent wings and framing really could not be bettered, awesome !
Dave, I loved the beach huts first time I saw that photo, still a great shot, gorgeous light. I like the other photo too, but its a bit small to really appreciate, fancy posting a larger version for us :)

And here's my favourite from this year, the toothache inspired dawn shot

Hybridphotog

Quote from: oRGie on December 23, 2009, 01:53:35 AM
Dave, I loved the beach huts first time I saw that photo, still a great shot, gorgeous light. I like the other photo too, but its a bit small to really appreciate, fancy posting a larger version for us :)
Ok, here's the largest one...

picsfor

This is not as good as the other pictures posted - but for me, it is my picture of the year for 2009.
The picture sums up exactly why people like coming to Brighton. If it can be done - it will be done - and this couple had just turned up cocked two fingers at the sign and started practicing their juggling.
Also - it was taken on the first outing of the 'new' 5D MkII.

picsfor

Quote from: Hybridphotog on December 23, 2009, 07:48:02 AM
Quote from: oRGie on December 23, 2009, 01:53:35 AM
Ok, here's the largest one...

Love what you've done here Dave. Really adds atmosphere to the picture. My parents have similar pictures that are genuinely like that only taken on their 'box brownies'!

Hybridphotog

Quote from: picsfor on December 23, 2009, 10:41:41 AMt you've done here Dave. Really adds atmosphere to the picture. My parents have similar pictures that are genuinely like that only taken on their 'box brownies'!
Hehe... no real trickery involved in that photo. There's only the sepia toning and the frame that wasn't part of the original photo. The rest, well, that's down to the Russians copying the Zeiss Sonnar 50mm f/2.

If I could mount that lens to my 350D, I'd be in heaven. :)

skellum

This is my personal favourite from this year " St Annes Pier Repairs " .

CLICK  IMAGE FOR LARGER VIEW

Oly Paul

Hard to pick one but I guess this would be my personel favourite one of the year.

Regards Paul
One day I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am.

http://www.pbase.com/paulsilkphotography

jimthetrain

Could have picked the bubble shot or the marble shot but went for the cottages at Elterwater.

jim
BOOZE!!! Helping ugly people have sex.

alan1572

i'll go with this one.
And another breakable new year's resolution.... take more photo's.

Who wanted dry roasted with their pint?

spinner

I've picked this one because it was something different and I sold a copy on a canvas print at a local art show back in Oct.

And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

ABERS

Quote from: minky_monkey on December 22, 2009, 06:21:17 PM
Whilst probably not the greatest technically!  It`s the one I like the best..

The high key effect is unusual in a nature picture, and it works beautifully in this one. Everything is in the right place and the detail is spot on. A super image Martin.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.